MPP Extended Warranty. Who has it? What's your experience? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

MPP Extended Warranty. Who has it? What's your experience?

I got the Premier MPP (Mechanical Protection Plan) extended warranty through the dealer I bought the car from. I ended up getting it for a great price, and got the 6 year 75k mile warranty.

My question is what experience do you guys/gals have with this warranty? It's a 3 party warranty and states that any ASE Certified mechanic can do the servicing and bill MPP. I will more than likely use my local Ford dealer for any work that might be necessary, but it's nice to know I can practically take it anywhere.

Who has it and used it? Like it/hate it?

Thanks! (BTW, I searched but found very little information on the site about this plan).

Adam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
PONY Member

how much did it end up costing you? is there a co-pay for work once on extended warranty.

2011 GT Coupe Premium | MT6 | 3.73's | Security Pkg | BREMBO | Comfort
Installed JLT oil catch can, Tint, Beltronics RX45/shifters
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I ended up paying roughly $1k for the Premier package. It has a $0 deductible, and starts from day one. It doesn't extend the manufacturers warranty, it works in line with it. In reality, it cost $1575 but I had them add $575 to my trade in so it ended up being $1k.

Here's a link to some details from the company....

Best Mechanical & Electrical Component Coverage | Extended Auto Parts Coverage

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
GT Member

I had it and got rid of it. It wasnt worth it to me for the cost. I had the same plan as you and since the powertrain covers 5 years anyway and the bumper to bumper is 3/36, I figured most of the stuff that goes wrong will happen in the first few years. Time will only tell if thats the case.

Only reason I signed up for it initially is cause the finance guy kept pushing it for over an hour and finally I say just throw it on and I knew I could cancel it within 30 days and get the full amount back.

Plus I knew I would eventually want to mod and prob get a supercharger so that would kind of negate any reason for it.

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page