Why is the RTR package so expensive? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Why is the RTR package so expensive?

so I was looking into getting the RTR package for my 2013 gt (saw the prototype of Formula drift Atlanta) and started to research the cost of the 2011 RTR package. why in the world would they charge upwords of $8,000 for bacially a body kit and some springs?? anyone that knows a little more about it should chime in. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
PONY Member

Something to do with brand name and demand

Same applies to Roush, Shelby, Saleen etc.

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimaniac View Post
Something to do with brand name and demand

Same applies to Roush, Shelby, Saleen etc.
yes but with all those company's, they come with a supercharger or a bigger motor, I think the only power adder the RTR has is k&n filter

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIL2013gt View Post
yes but with all those company's, they come with a supercharger or a bigger motor, I think the only power adder the RTR has is k&n filter

Not necessarily. The roush package comes in three different stages. The Shelby packages are different as well. I believe the RTR complete kit comes with Rims/Tires, Appearance Mods, Suspension and the Procal Tune. I don't think it's 8k but maybe 5-6k?

2011 Black Mustang GT 5.0 Brick-Red
6SP Manual | 3.73 Gears | HIDs | Sec & Anti-Theft Pkg | Brembo GT Brake Pkg | Comfort Package | Shaker 1000 |
Mods:

2011 CS/GT Front Valance, 2011 GT500 Rear Diffuser, 2011 SVT GT500 Mufflers, 2011 Roush Side Skirts, 3dCarbon GT500 Spoiler, Boss 302 Front Splitter, Speed Dawg custom shift-knob, Black Pony Emblem, 50% fog-light tint, Blacked Out Side Marks Front and Rear, 35% All-around Tint & Heon H10 fog-light bulbs
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
Rookie
4.6L Member

It is just like any other modifications, extreme mark up. I like how you can buy a complete coyote crate engine for less than a supercharger to bolt on top of it.

2012 Kona Blue GT, Brembo, 3.73 gears, Eibach Pro System, Corsa Sport with Corsa X Pipe, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, various exterior mods
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
Rookie

A lot of of the roush saleen kits go upwards of 18,000-20,000 if I remember correctly.

2008 roush 427r. 2.57 pulley 90mm idler, roush CAI stage3performance tune
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
It is just like any other modifications, extreme mark up. I like how you can buy a complete coyote crate engine for less than a supercharger to bolt on top of it.
Yeah I always thought that was funny

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
Apprentice

There also installed for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page