Boss Grille with Fogs? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Boss Grille with Fogs?

The boss grille has the "block off plates". Can i run without the block offs and use my factory fog lights?

2013 Mustang GT: Race Red 55R (Track Pack) + Recaros. BOSS Intake Manifold * Lethal H pipe, BAMA Tune * '13 GT500 Quad Tip Exhaust, Valance * AIRAID Intake * Steeda Strut Bar, Shifter, Bracket and Ball * 3M Carbon Vinyl Roof * Eibach Sportlines on GT500 Struts * BMR Panhard bar * CDC Grille * AMR Wheels.

416 RWHP / 373 RWTQ - 11/18/12
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

I can't answer your question. I can, however, give you some pointers that may help you figure it out.

On my 2012 GT, the factory fog lights attach to the back of the grille, via mounting points that are molded as an integral part of the grille.

I bought a 2012 Boss 302 grille, on which the "blank-off plates" are not separate pieces as you show above -- the whole grille is a single molded piece of plastic. Also, the dummy openings are a little smaller in diameter, and a lot deeper, than on the stock GT grille. Lastly, there are no mounting points for the fog lights molded into the back side of the grille. So for me to use the Boss grille and retain my factory fog lights, I'm going to have to both open up the dummy openings AND figure out some way to mount the lights. I'll also need to make sure there is adequate room for the lights between the back of the deeper Boss openings and the radiator.

On your 2013, you'll need to figure out how the lights mount (to the grille? to the car itself?) and see if the same mounting system will work with the Boss grille (if the lights mount to the grille, does the Boss grille have the same mounts? if the lights mount to the car, are the clearances the same?).

There is a different version of the 2012 Boss grille that has mesh covering the dummy fog light openings, for additional ventilation. That may be the reason the plates on the 2013 version are removable.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
GT Member

That must be something new because I took a 5/16s drill bit and drilled all the honeycomb holes out... I will have to look and see if they are removable, I didn't see it when I had it off but will look again...

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
Rookie

Boss fog lights

Can't post the link, but do a Google search for 2013 boss 302 fog lights to find a lower cost alternative solution.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRichard View Post
That must be something new because I took a 5/16s drill bit and drilled all the honeycomb holes out... I will have to look and see if they are removable, I didn't see it when I had it off but will look again...
You have a 2012, right? The grille in the OP is the 2013 version.

Allez Rouge
2012 GT Premium Coupe | Performance White | 401A Charcoal+Grabber Blue | Comfort Pkg | MT82 | Boss 302 Shift Knob | 18" Pony Pkg Wheels w/Brembo Pkg Center Caps | Boss/CS Front Valance | Scott Drake 5.0/Tri-bar Fender Emblems | FRPP Strut Tower Brace | Redline Hood Struts | GT500 Rear Splash Guards | Rear Spoiler Delete | Sound Tube Delete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page