Lowered on BMR/Koni Suspension *Before & After Pictures* - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Lowered on BMR/Koni Suspension *Before & After Pictures*

I installed a few suspension parts about 2 weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pictures today. The suspension feels so much tighter and grips significantly better which is what I was looking for.

Here's what I installed:
-BMR Lowering Springs (1.0" Front, 1.25" Rear)
-Koni Str.t Shocks/Struts
-BMR LCAs
-BMR LCA Relocation Brackets
-GT500 Strut Mounts
-BMR Camber Bolts
-J&M Panhard Bar

The pictures are off my phone and came out pretty awful, but you can atleast get the idea of the difference in height.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012
Rookie

Looks good. Would love to lower mine but the roads in this area are terrible. Would probably bottom out driving out of my parkade daily.

2013 GT Premium Gotta Have it Green Coupe, w/ Track Package, GT Accessory package 5. (Waiting for Delivery)

2007 4.0 Mustang w/ Pony Package, Roush CAI, BBK 70mm Throttle body, BBK Ceramic Headers, Ford Racing Dual Exhaust. (Currently Driving)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex420 View Post
Looks good. Would love to lower mine but the roads in this area are terrible. Would probably bottom out driving out of my parkade daily.
Every time i back out of my driveway that rubber chin spoiler under the front bumper scrapes on my driveway. It's not a big deal or anything but I really wanted to get the RTR chin spoiler but I'm afraid of tearing it off now

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012
PONY Member

Are your wheels staggered? I see you have 285's on the rear, how about the front?

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnuts23 View Post
Are your wheels staggered? I see you have 285's on the rear, how about the front?
Yeah I have 255's in the front...the rear rims are 18x10.5 and the fronts are 18x9

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great! I can't wait to get mine lowered.

2013 GT, Tract Pack, Tech Pack, Performance White, MT-82
Mods/Upgrades:JLT Oil Separator, K&N filter
Coming Soon: FRPP ProCal tune, FRPP Sport axel backs(MGTLA or MSVTLA)

Past Performance Rides: 1995 TA 383 Stroker, 2008 GT/CS, 2003 ZO6
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-02-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great, but to me 18" wheels are too small on these Mustangs, but to each his own...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012
PONY Member

Is it just me, or does that look a lot lower than 1 and 1.25"?

Also, we all know you didn't spend all that money for just looks. Can you get a review on the handling?!?

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012
F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Your car looks much happier now.

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
PONY Member
S197 Member

Much improved look How's the ride after all the upgrades?

2011 GT Preminum, Red Candy Metallic, 4.10, Electronics, Rear View, Comfort, Security, Borla, 20" Saleen, FRPP springs, CS front valance w/fogs, Roush billet grille, Roush TVS 625hp, Kooks LT's and Catted H Pipe, Tremec Magumn XL, McLeod RXT, AutoMeter Gauges, Dynotech DS, Steeda adjustable UCA, Steeda adjustable panhard bar, BMR LCA's, Steeda A/O Separator, Tokico D-Specs, Raptor Shift Light, engine by Shrader Performance, Tune by ProDyno, 643rwhp, 548lb/ft tq
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal302 View Post
Every time i back out of my driveway that rubber chin spoiler under the front bumper scrapes on my driveway. It's not a big deal or anything but I really wanted to get the RTR chin spoiler but I'm afraid of tearing it off now

you may already know this but if you back out at an angle and have your wheels cut at the point where you scrape you will get more clearance. it could solve your issue as it has with my driveway and my buddy and his driveway.

the drop looks great by the way!

2012 v6 white, base, performance package, borla ATAKs, 4 alpine type s speakers, 35% tint
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 06-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post

Also, we all know you didn't spend all that money for just looks. Can you get a review on the handling?!?
It does look pretty low but thats why I figured this would be helpful to people considering lowering their car. An inch is actually pretty significant and it surprised me how much of a difference it made, but I'm definitely happy with it.

As for the handling, this set up completely eliminated any body roll on turns. The car felt pretty planted before on turns but the body roll always made me a little uncomfortable. The suspension feels much stiffer but I'm also a fan of a little rougher ride.

I actually have the control arms on the most aggressive setting on the relocation brackets which is mostly for straight line driving but there has also definitely been an increase in handling. This set up along with the 285's in the rear eliminated absolutely all wheel hop so it makes launching pretty easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by white rider View Post
you may already know this but if you back out at an angle and have your wheels cut at the point where you scrape you will get more clearance. it could solve your issue as it has with my driveway and my buddy and his driveway.

the drop looks great by the way!
Yeah the angle does work most of the time, but I have a driveway thats double wide with a single entrance and 3 cars in it. When both of my parents cars are in the driveway I can't really angle the car the right way to avoid the scrape everytime

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post

Yeah for sure. I just put Eibach Pro on mine Thursday and it's supposed to be 1 and 1.5" and it doesn't look near that low. I can still easily fit three over fingers between my rear wheel gap

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
PONY Member

I put the Sportlines on and I swear this sled has settled down to even lower than 2 in rear - 1.5 fr. Might just get the alignment re checked !!:kooky:I have the big splitter on,and have no problems,now a few exhaust fasteners need to be swivelled from straight down for that extra 1/2 in clearance. It's all good though. My car just looks radical nowAnd feels like a roller coaster.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSECO View Post
I put the Sportlines on and I swear this sled has settled down to even lower than 2 in rear - 1.5 fr. Might just get the alignment re checked !!:kooky:I have the big splitter on,and have no problems,now a few exhaust fasteners need to be swivelled from straight down for that extra 1/2 in clearance. It's all good though. My car just looks radical nowAnd feels like a roller coaster.
Haha nice dude. Looking NASCAR I bet. Got any pics? This is why I didn't get the sport lines although I wanted to for the look. I wonder if the OP left out the stock rubber isolaters? I've heard that makes it lower but also is loud (popping noises over bumps). I def didn't want that

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page