Black grill insert on `13 V6 MCA - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Black grill insert on `13 V6 MCA

The black grill on the white CS pictured in another thread, has me thinking I like the all black better than the "stainless steel" grill on my MCA.

If anyone here works at a dealership, or has connections, can you shoot me a price for both upper and lower grill inserts?

Is it possible to take the old grill inserts out and not break the tiny plastic pins that hold it in place?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dark photos 016.jpg
Views:	1605
Size:	890.2 KB
ID:	156993  

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
Rookie

The best part of having a Mustang is customizing it to be your own. I strive to make mine look atleast a little different than others that I have seen locally. Should look good. Hope it works out for you!

2013 GT Premium Gotta Have it Green Coupe, w/ Track Package, GT Accessory package 5. (Waiting for Delivery)

2007 4.0 Mustang w/ Pony Package, Roush CAI, BBK 70mm Throttle body, BBK Ceramic Headers, Ford Racing Dual Exhaust. (Currently Driving)
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
PONY Member

Only place I've seen the black/cs 2013 grilles so far is at lmrs and they are PRICY man!
On a side note if you decide to get them shoot me a pm would the price you'd want for your stock upper&lower stainless grilles I think they would look KILLER on my sg2013 v6:kooky:
2010-13 Mustang Grille and Grille Emblems at LRS - Free Shipping!

2013 mt82 3.7-spl del/sgm/charcoal/tech pack/recaro
Mods, 3.5"ant/dynomax mid exh/bronze tsws 245/50/18 kumho/sportline-pro kit&gt500 mounts/J&M phb/eibach lcas/redline/roush/sk&pedals/gt-wfg/cf blkout/license insert&upper grille, mustang sills, jlt/3.73s/steeda 93perf&sctx3, am mirrors&tlc/roof wing/open lower/stillen lip/steeda sts&bush/rtr'd rear

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Thanks for the replies. This is going to sound hokey, because it is. I took a black magic marker to my grill. It looks good. From a distance.

The change to a black grill is worth $200 to me, so it'll probably cost twice that.

The idea is to have 2 sets of grills. I could even mix and match. So, right now, I'm not looking to sell my stainless grill.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
Apprentice

im holding out for the 2013 roush upper grill i cant find it forsale yet

white 2013 gt born 5/14/12
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
GT Member

RodgerJerney

Thanks for the Great Desktop Background You've provided.

And Plasti-Dip what you have, if you want black, is a way to save those precious dollars for another mod.

The flat black stripe looks great on the DIB Car !

And the Grille you currently have looks great, a very good contrast with the Dark Paint and Black stripe.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

You put my pic as your desktop background?

I am honored.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

Plasti-dip paint your grille. Its much cheaper than replacing your grille. If the grille is metallic, you can powder coat and bake it. However, plasti-dip is much more forgiving than powder coating, as the rocks bounce off of the elastomer coating better.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankp View Post
Plasti-dip paint your grille. Its much cheaper than replacing your grille. If the grille is metallic, you can powder coat and bake it. However, plasti-dip is much more forgiving than powder coating, as the rocks bounce off of the elastomer coating better.
+1 for PD. One can would run you between $5-$8 depending on where you get it. Lots and lots of good videos and info on how to do it right (4 to 5 light coats).

The nice thing is you can peel it off later if you want to return it to stock appearance. Watch some of these videos:

DYC Home - Plasti Dip For Your Car - Resources & More at DipYourCar.com NEW Glossifier

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
PONY Member

I'm also looking to buy the black billet grille, but no one seems to have them. I emailed my dealership asking for a quote but they haven't replied yet. I didn't realize LMR had them, but $370 for just the lower grille piece is a bit pricey for my taste.

By the way, I can't get over how good the matte black stripes on DIB look.

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Darn shame that you're in Sacramento. I'd hook you up with the guy who did mine.

$420 for the stripes and tint, and it turned out perfect. There are still some bargains out there.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerJerney View Post
Darn shame that you're in Sacramento. I'd hook you up with the guy who did mine.

$420 for the stripes and tint, and it turned out perfect. There are still some bargains out there.
If I could get a tint and stripes like that for $420 I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

I'm prob getting a tint done this week, I got quoted at $160, which doesn't seem too bad.

MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

$160 for tint isn't bad at all. Make sure they'll warranty their work as long as you own the car.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
$160 for tint isn't bad at all. Make sure they'll warranty their work as long as you own the car.
I just had the tint done today, 50% on the driver and passenger, 35% on the quarters and rears. Here is a pic, right after I got done washing it today.

They gave me a warranty sticker that they put on the inside of my door. The only thing I'm concerned about is that there are a good amount of bubbles on the rear windshield. But I've been told that is normal and that they go away after a couple days.

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-06-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

JM, I've decided your and my car are cousins because they were built about the same time, are the same color, and both are PP cars.

I did not have the passenger windows tinted, just the back 3.

Looking good. Keep er clean, be safe.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page