Ford Mustang Forum banner

Englishtown NJ Show & Go

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Dash9893 
#1 ·
Is anybody from the NJ/NY/PA area going to the e-town event on June 23rd?

I've been to the track a ton of times, most recently on Saturday for the NHRA Supernationals, but I've never raced before and I'm itching to find out what my brand new '12 can do! :laughlitt

I'm nervous about going alone and would like to know if any fellow AFMers are heading out.

#2 ·
I live very close to the Englishtown Raceway Park. Don't think I'm qualified to run down the track though, I think you have to be 18, if I understand correctly...:frustrated:

Good Luck running down at the track though, if you do decide to go:bigthumbsup

#4 ·
Whats the deal with the event? I'm from LI but I'ld consider taking a ride up for the day and hitting the track for my first time

#6 ·
It's listed on their site as a "show and go" and if my memory serves correctly there is a Ford only car show in the lot, and Ford only action on the track. I'm not sure if they race in classes or for points or anything, or if it's like their "test and tune" days.

#5 ·
Just don`t stay until the end. The last time I went, it took an hour to get out to the road to go home, & that was with the police directing traffic. :yup:

#7 ·
Yea, traffic is horrible there getting out. Last year I left the Supernationals early and my Dad stayed until the end. He was sitting in his truck in the parking lot for over an hour before he even started his truck and got in line to get out. Then it was over an hour before he got onto Rt 18.

#8 ·
You have to be 17 to race with parental signature... How do i know, im 17 and i race.
And i thought it wa june 20th but im going there too im from union county areea

#9 ·
Nope, 23rd. Have you raced at e-town before, or elsewhere?

#10 ·
Only e town about 3 wednesdays or so ago
And there is a cruise on the 20th there i think also

#11 ·
The only thing on their calendar for the 20th is test and tune, which they do most every Wednesday. Also, some motocross thing but no show or cruise.

Speaking of which, how does it work when you go on their test and tune or grudge days? Do you just pay admission, go through their tech inspection and get on the track with whoever happens to be in line next to you?

#12 ·
Pay... Roll up to tech fill some stuff out go to assigned lane and then a track attendent will motion for when you can move
They have what seemed to be 3 classes
Normal street car test and tune
Motorcycle only test and tune
Then full on drag car test and tune

#13 ·
Oh my apologies there is a woodbridge downtown cruise flyer in my house. And theres a sticky note coverig down so assumed it was english TOWN
But i am deff going june 20th to test and tune.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.