Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   What to do with stock struts, shocks and springs? (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/345888-what-do-stock-struts-shocks-springs.html)

RgrRgrTen4 06-04-2012 07:14 PM

What to do with stock struts, shocks and springs?

Hopefully I'm not breaking any forum rules by posting this, but I didn't see any rules to the contrary, does anybody know if there is a need for slightly used/take-off OEM suspension components?

I put my Steeda Sport springs and Koni STR.T's on my 2011 GT/CS at 815 miles, and ever since I've kept the original components wrapped up and in boxes. Now I'm really needing to free up some space and although I'd like to keep all of my original parts I'm starting to think that maybe I should just sell them but I'm not sure if there's really a market for stock OEM suspension components.

SO...that's what I'm here asking!

What's the best option for these stock suspension pieces? I have the factory front struts, mounts, springs, rear shocks and springs all with under 1000 miles. Should I put this stuff up on e-Bay, the forum classifieds or would I be better off trying to sell it locally on Craigslist or...is there no market for this and maybe I should just toss it out?

Considering the pieces have relatively light use, although they are a bit old (build date 5/14/2010, delivery 10/13/2010, replaced 3/2/2011 @ 815 miles) I would think the parts are still in like-new shape, but again, I've never delt with selling suspension components.

What do you all think? I'm looking for some input from others who may have experience with this.

Also, FYI the part numbers on everything is:

Rear Shocks: BR33-18080-BC
Rear Springs: BR33-5560-DB
Front Springs: BR33-5310-FB
Front Strut: BR33-18045-BD
Front Mount: BR33-18183-CD

Snackmaster 06-04-2012 07:42 PM

No problem posting your question... we just don't allow buying or selling in the general forums so as long as you're not doing that in the thread your good to go.

You're asking what you should do... I say use all those avenues to get rid of your parts... don't limit yourself. If you use our free classifieds then a dollar sign will sh up up by your location under your avatar and people will know you have stuff for sale here.

Good luck!
:bigthumbsup