2012 Mustang GT and 2011 CamaroSS? 4.10s Anyone? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

2012 Mustang GT and 2011 CamaroSS? 4.10s Anyone?

Im looking to get a new car. The 4c Accord just is not working for me, well its ok in the winter.

Fast in a strait line is most fun to me....

I had a 2006 Stang GT with CAI, Mangnaflow and 4.10 gears. It was as fast as hell! And so much fun to drive. I regret selling it. It did take some time to get used to the car for sure.

I love the look of the new Camaros (sorry Ford fans, but Im a Ford fan too). Test drives of the Camaro SS 2012 feel slow! Im guessing Im used to the 4.10s in my 4.6L Stang.

I wondering with camaros low rear end 3.23 I think and the big 20 inch tires, wouldnt this car perform great with 3.73 or 4.10 gears?

Im might be off to just get a new 5.0 stang...

Any comments would be appreciated!

PS That cheep light Masaratti is tempting....

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevMF View Post
Im looking to get a new car. The 4c Accord just is not working for me, well its ok in the winter.

Fast in a strait line is most fun to me....

I had a 2006 Stang GT with CAI, Mangnaflow and 4.10 gears. It was as fast as hell! And so much fun to drive. I regret selling it. It did take some time to get used to the car for sure.

I love the look of the new Camaros (sorry Ford fans, but Im a Ford fan too). Test drives of the Camaro SS 2012 feel slow! Im guessing Im used to the 4.10s in my 4.6L Stang.

I wondering with camaros low rear end 3.23 I think and the big 20 inch tires, wouldnt this car perform great with 3.73 or 4.10 gears?

Im might be off to just get a new 5.0 stang...

Any comments would be appreciated!

PS That cheep light Masaratti is tempting....
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't your 2006 making roughly 320 flywheel hp? I know it had 4.10's, but a 2012 Camaro SS would decimate that car. The butt dyno can be deceiving.

-Ed-
'13 Mustang GT Premium ordered 5/22/2012, VIN 6/8/2012 Window Sticker 6/22/2012 Build Date: 6/29/2012 1srt ETA 7/4/2012 2nd ETA 7/14/2012 3rd ETA 7/25/2012 4th ETA 7/26/2012 Delivered to Dealer 7/17/2012 Picked up 7/23/2012
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
GT Member

Well your in a mustang forum so expect alot of biased opinions so here's mine ....IF i was given a Camaro brand new straight from Chevy i would get it to the closest ford dealership as fast as i could and trade it in on a 5.0 or a Boss or a make a Nice Down payment on a GT 500

Blower and stuff

622 whp and 545 wtq @ 8.5psi
AED Tune = Best mod of all

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicketybam View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't your 2006 making roughly 320 flywheel hp? I know it had 4.10's, but a 2012 Camaro SS would decimate that car. The butt dyno can be deceiving.
Yes about 320 flywheel sounds about right. Fair enough, I might need to learn how to drive the Camaro, but I didnt feel like it would decimate it AT ALL....Im not an expert at all but Im good at math....the 4.10 change the rules do they not? I drove a 2006 gt with stock 3.53 I think, it felt much different...Ive also wondered if the 4.10 gears made the traction control not work properly....
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by burke985 View Post
Well your in a mustang forum so expect alot of biased opinions so here's mine ....IF i was given a Camaro brand new straight from Chevy i would get it to the closest ford dealership as fast as i could and trade it in on a 5.0 or a Boss or a make a Nice Down payment on a GT 500
I do expect biased opionions here but I thougth I would start here.... I did like the Vette I tried but the no back seats put a strange look on my girls face....
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I`m a fan of most cool cars. The Camaro is a cool car, but it is heavy, as is the Challenger. Being what they are, I think the Mustang gives more bang for the buck, As far as 4:10s go in the Canmaro, I still don`t think it will take a new GT. I know that the Mustang has a small rear seat, but I took a new Camaro SS for a test ride, & had to sit in the back for the trip from the dealer`s lot to their test track. I literaly had toalmost lie sideways in the seat because I could not sit up straight & I`m only 6ft. You can`t put more than a small dog or box of tissues back there. The Camaro is also very hard to see out of especialy backing up. JMHO

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenv View Post
I`m a fan of most cool cars. The Camaro is a cool car, but it is heavy, as is the Challenger. Being what they are, I think the Mustang gives more bang for the buck, As far as 4:10s go in the Canmaro, I still don`t think it will take a new GT. I know that the Mustang has a small rear seat, but I took a new Camaro SS for a test ride, & had to sit in the back for the trip from the dealer`s lot to their test track. I literaly had toalmost lie sideways in the seat because I could not sit up straight & I`m only 6ft. You can`t put more than a small dog or box of tissues back there. The Camaro is also very hard to see out of especialy backing up. JMHO
My girls dauther is 90lbs soaking wet and full grown....She can fit in the back of a Camaro...Agreed though, if I didnt have the back up camera I would have crashed the 2012 ss Cam when getting gas....

Am I wrong that 410 divided by 323 is 1.27 so that means about 27% extra tourque at the wheels if you know how to use it?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-04-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
if i was given a free camaro i would drive it yes, but would not like it and would probably trade it in

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member

Don't forget the extra HP lost to the Camaro's independant rear suspension. The Mustang puts more horsepower to the pavement, is lighter, and cheaper. The only thing the Mustang needs is wider tires. Traction is a problem, but I think you can fix that cheaper than adding enough power and changing out gears to make the Camaro viable.

2012 Mustang GT: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger; Steeda UCA & LCA; BBK Long Tube Headers & x pipe; 3.73, Brembo, Roush 18X10, Nitto 555R Drag Radial 305/40/18, Magnaflow Cat Back. I am just lucky my wife let me buy and modify this car.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I was a die hard GM fan and was dead set on a Camaro.......then I test drove a Mustang. The Camaro feels like a tank, the interior is god awful, and you can't see out of it. The only thing the Camaro has going for it is the IRS.

2015 Gt with perf pack/Guard Green/MBRP race exhaust/Steeda shifter bracket/ ....... more to come

Originally Posted by cudaman ........
Let's hope you don't have the same problem with your zipper and your fueling rod, should you run into another female in a Camaro that needs genetic gas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page