Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0hbobo View Post
Id take either one. Or both

^^^I Agree^^^ They are both bad azzz cars. I have no hate for other brands of performance car. We are all in the same "hobby"

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

F91
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Sure you would, but which one would you buy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0hbobo View Post
Id take either one. Or both

2011 GT | MT82 | 3.73 | Brembos | Barton | Airaid | CDC chin | Corsa X pipe & Xtremes | DSS Aluminum Shaft | BMR Rear loop & LCA relocating brackets | J&M Extreme LCA | Koni Yellows | Steeda Sports | UMI Panhard | SCT & BAMA
"Yo, nutsack! Let me tell you something, man, muscle beats import every time. You know what I'm saying? Every time!" - Dwight
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

And that is the problem with dyno testing. There is a HUGE flaw in that ďtestĒ. The GT500 was run with the hood open which lets the air filter pull a LOT more air than when it is closed (a LOT MORE). The Camaro has a sealed airbox, it doesnít make a difference.

Does having the hood open on the GT500 give it 100hp more? No, probably not. Is it worth 50? Itís possible.

Another big factor is operating temps. Some cars deal with it better than others. Heat soaked (like under normal driving conditions) blown cars run a LOT different.

A dyno test is not a ďtestĒ unless the car is at normal heat soaked operating temperature and the hood is closed. Unless of course all you want to do is race dyno sheets. This sort of thing needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

That being said, as soon as the 13 GT500 can be had for retail/A-plan (next spring???), Iím getting one! Those suckers are sweeeeeeet!

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 GT Vert Brembo - Stock-ish

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

2007 GT-TSR/Stops/Turns/Custom Everything/3.4L Whipple Crusher/1000hp SOLD

Apprentice

I'm curious to see a side by side comparison on a track, I think the zl1 suspension will really shine

What is the weight difference between the 2

2013 White 5.0, MT-82 - Track pack & Recaros

Pypes X pipe, Pype Bombs, Resonator deletes, Airaid ,MGW shifter, FRPP P Springs, FRPP struts/shock/mounts, J&M Panhard bar, CDC rear decklid, CDC Grill, Roush Chin Spoiler, Boss Diffuser, SVE Drift Wheels, J&M LCA'S
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkchris View Post
I'm curious to see a side by side comparison on a track, I think the zl1 suspension will really shine
It doesnít seem to make much difference in the Continental race series.

Quote:
I donít think it will matter. They both weigh about as much as a F-150!:hihi:

Waiting on 2019 GT500

2012 F-150 FX4 EcoBoost 4x4 406rwhp/522rwtq. The most powerful EB F-150 on the planet?

PONY Member

Garage
I'm utterly dumbfounded by the 2013 GT500. I so want one!! Gotta get my 2011 paid off first... Maybe I can sneak one by my wife at the end of 2013. Hopefully get a good deal too!

2016 GT Premium Coupe|Equipment Group 401A|GT Performance Package
GT Member

I know totally silly but I love the fact there are no stupid plastic covers in the engine compartment of the GT500. And the numbers on the gauges are vertical and not rotated on a axis that looks dumb.

Alex
2010 GTRR in 5.0 Magazine [http://www.mustangandfords.com/featured-vehicles/m5lp-1212-2010-ford-mustang-gt-rr-total-fabrication/viewall.html]

2015 White SC, PP, etc....

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkchris View Post

I remember reading months ago that the ZL1 was around 4,120 lbs and the GT500 was around 3,850 lbs. I've kept that information stuck in my head just in case some Camaro fanboys try to say anything.

That good ol' red (Boss 302), white (GT/CS) and blue (5.0)!
2008 Mustang GT/CS: 5 speed | FRPP 4.10 Gears | Bama 93H Tune | Magnaflow Magnapacks | Bassani O/R X Pipe | Airaid CAI | MGW | J&M LCAs | Saleens 19x8.5
Shelby Gt 350 member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswolf63 View Post
I'm utterly dumbfounded by the 2013 GT500. I so want one!! Gotta get my 2011 paid off first... Maybe I can sneak one by my wife at the end of 2013. Hopefully get a good deal too!
Yeah, sneak one by the wife.:hihi:

I was looking at getting a 12 GT500 last month and somehow that turned into my wife getting a 12 GT Vert/Brembo. She tricked me!:nogrinner

Waiting on 2019 GT500

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6 Cannonballer View Post
Being a low income V6 owner, I can only stand on the sidelines, but it is great to be alive in this part of automotive history, as I was too young to truly appreciate, much less do anything about the first muscle era. These are the good old days indeed.
But as a V6 owner you aren't on the sidelines by any means. Your base car makes 305hp and still can manage over 30mpg! The GT500 is just the apex of what Ford has been doing with the V6, GT, and Boss. It's all still just amazing IMHO.
Apprentice

Cool Supercharger

Those rides are freakin sweet! I can't wait to get my supercharger so I can put down even BIGGER numbers than that.. All for around 40K total. What is the base price for these cars?

John

2011 Black Mustang GT, 3.73MT, Mickey Thompson DR's, Darkstar 17" front 15" rear, Brembo, Airaid CAI, BBK 90mm, Boss 302 intake, BBK long tube, BBK X pipe, No mufflers, BAMA 93, Accel coil pack, JLT catch can, Hurst shifter, Weight Reduction, Black window louvers, Dark tint, All lights covered, Grille delete, 5.0 badge delete...
488hp
423tq

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page