Dealers won't budge! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Dealers won't budge!

I have been in contact with 3 local ford dealers in about a 100 mile radius from my house and none of them will budge on their prices!

I have been back and forth and back and forth I have tried everything and the lowest price I can get OUT THE DOOR is $22,500 for a BASE MODEL v6 and that is financing through Ford.

How in the hell do you guys manage to get $3-4k off sticker BEFORE rebates? Is it just the chain of southern ford dealerships that are hard to work with? Am I not looking in the right place?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
replica

Weird. There were dealers here advertising as low as $18,xxx on base V6 manuals. Hop on a plane and drive it home?

post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
Apprentice

if its 2013 they wont budge for a while!

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

i paid 22,100 For a 2012 V6 with Performance and appearance package, that's just to high for a base.
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by replica View Post
Weird. There were dealers here advertising as low as $18,xxx on base V6 manuals. Hop on a plane and drive it home?
Well I have a trade in so unfortunately its not that easy.
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrdejavux View Post
if its 2013 they wont budge for a while!
That is the thing its a 2012! I figured they would be trying like crazy to get them off the lots.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member

Submit a request for an online quote through Ford.com. Someone will call within a few hours from one of your nearest dealers. The trick is to get someone like an accomplished online sales rep that doesn't work off commission. but volume. They will budge a little just to get the numbers up. The summer sales are up, it will drop late fall. Then just go for the kill and get it at dealer invoice.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanesauce View Post
That is the thing its a 2012! I figured they would be trying like crazy to get them off the lots.
Oh my damn! Yeah that's crazy.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012
replica

Quote:
From what I understand, even if they sell the car for $1, they still get the dealer hold-back. They "showed" me the dealer holdback being $667 on a V6 base. I don't know how real that number, or even the concept exists. They'll come down on the price, keep messing with them.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Well I have a trade in so unfortunately its not that easy.
If you still owe on the trade in they are likely over-allowing..

Hypothetical Example.

I owed 17k on my 08 GT when I traded it, it was honestly worth 17K$ but I wanted 22k$ for trade in value. The dealership could have "showed" me 22k$ for trade in by selling me my 11 GT for the 37300 sticker price.... Or they could have sold me my 11 GT for 32300 and given me a trade in amount of 17K$.. Bottom line is the same on either of these deals... I'd recommend taking the "trade-in" out of the equation to see what kind of pricing you can get on the car by itself...

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

Wow for my 2013 base gt I went to Miami I live in west palm it cost me 33,??? Out the door where in west palm it would have costed me 37,??? Out the door dealers in my area where selling 2012 gt for 27-28 I hope you find a good deal soon! you might have to travel a little more to get what you want.
Question for you are there a lot of meets in Pensacola I'm moving there to go to UWF and I was hoping to meet other members?
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

When you say " I have been in contact" what do you mean?

In my experience, the negotiation doesnt really start until after you sit down and start to talk numbers.

If you want to try something outside the box, take a look at this video : How to buy a car. [VIDEO]

Also, have you considered buying a current model year used? I got a "ford executive driven vehicle" for significantly less than retail and it only had 10,000km on it (aka 6,000 miles)

Good Luck!
Rookie

I was looking at '12s and could barely find any. I know people are still buying them. I ended up going with a '13 for only $100 more after the initial offer. So if youre into checking out one of those I'd suggest it. Also, they came down A LOT more with the premiums than they did with the base models.
2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13bgt View Post
Wow for my 2013 base gt I went to Miami I live in west palm it cost me 33,??? Out the door where in west palm it would have costed me 37,??? Out the door dealers in my area where selling 2012 gt for 27-28 I hope you find a good deal soon! you might have to travel a little more to get what you want.
Question for you are there a lot of meets in Pensacola I'm moving there to go to UWF and I was hoping to meet other members?
Could it be because West Palm has richer people, and they figure they can bend them over?

I used to live in SW Florida, Naples and everything in Naples was higher priced than Ft. Myers. Cars, gas, just about everything.
post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old 06-05-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13bgt View Post
UWF is a great grad school a lot of my buddies are enrolled there right now.

As far as meets we have a local meet every Saturday night it is called bayfront there is usually 100+ cars we all go meet out by the huge loading docks downtown in a parking lot and either hangout there or we all go to TGI Friday's or somewhere to eat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page