Some advice is needed from fellow "stangers" - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
silverbull271
Guest
 
silverbull271's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
OK.....

He made his decision, and is taking my advice. He is going to keep his car till end of his payments (his rate now is only 3.9%). Sell it/trade it for whatever it is worth then. Bank that cash and then get either a 2015 or 2014 leftover.

Thanks to all those who posted their input.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Apprentice
 
wookie1's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 51
 
Seventh, it probably comes from being upside-down on the current loan. It's hard to say, I've never rolled an upside-down loan into a new car so I don't know how that is handled.

Personally, I think the OP's friend made the right decision. You don't really want to be upside-down, so it's better to get that paid down and move on to another car later with a down payment. If you're upside-down and someone wrecks your car, you better have gap insurance!


'13 GT Premium DIB
Ordered 5-7, Built by 5-31, Shipped 6-8, ETA 6-22, arrived 6-21
wookie1 is offline  
silverbull271
Guest
 
silverbull271's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by wookie1 View Post
Seventh, it probably comes from being upside-down on the current loan. It's hard to say, I've never rolled an upside-down loan into a new car so I don't know how that is handled.

Personally, I think the OP's friend made the right decision. You don't really want to be upside-down, so it's better to get that paid down and move on to another car later with a down payment. If you're upside-down and someone wrecks your car, you better have gap insurance!
AGREED

In this market, the way cars depreciate you have to be borderline mentally challenged to purchase a vehicle without GAP insurance. Regardless if you are upside down or not. It is only $500 and I personally have NEVER purchased a car WITHOUT having the dealership throw it in for free, eating the $500 cost

In some states, depending on the vehicle and method of finance, it is required
 
MACH I Member
S197 Member
 
adspru's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Covered in Snow
Posts: 3,094
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbull271 View Post
AGREED

In this market, the way cars depreciate you have to be borderline mentally challenged to purchase a vehicle without GAP insurance. Regardless if you are upside down or not. It is only $500 and I personally have NEVER purchased a car WITHOUT having the dealership throw it in for free, eating the $500 cost

In some states, depending on the vehicle and method of finance, it is required
Nothing is Free OlDBuLL.... Your vehicle insurance agent can provide you with a lower cost/better quality GAP policy than what can purchase from the dealership, and then get them to throw in something else worth 500$$$...


Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

adspru is offline  
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member
 
412horses's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2010
Location: Columbus
Posts: 2,458
 
So he basically paying sticker to make up for how deep he's in on the 2010... been there, done that. It's all fine and good IF he's really sure he loves the new one long enough to be in awhile.

Personally I prefer the coupes over the CVs too.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
412horses is offline  
PONY Member
 
Jpmotorsport's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 252
 
Eh just keep the 2010. Once the new body style comes out in 2015 you'll be glad you did.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
Jpmotorsport is offline  
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
RickAKATed10's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Highland
Posts: 2,507
 
I think he made the right decision. I think I'd rather have the still beautiful 2010 loaded GT vert, than a trimmed down 5.0.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
RickAKATed10 is offline  
silverbull271
Guest
 
silverbull271's Avatar
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickAKATed10 View Post
I think he made the right decision. I think I'd rather have the still beautiful 2010 loaded GT vert, than a trimmed down 5.0.

+1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1