Anyone get frustrated not being able to WOT much? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

OP, yet another reason you should stop hateing the v6...

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Never been much of an issues for me. I like that I can drive the mustang like any other car when appropriate, but unleash the powah! when conditions are appropriate.

I think the OP should do what people with fast and/or fun cars have been doing for decades: wake your ass up early on Saturday and go for a spirited drive when the roads are still empty.

Though I will say that I can redline both 1st and 2nd gear in my car and only be at ~60 mph. Things get hairy when going all out in higher gears though.

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Since I've moved into the city I can't find anytime either.. I've been considering selling my car because I can't really enjoy it anymore.. Kinda sucks.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Premium
|Black/Black 400a | Brembo | 19"Gunmetals| DMH Low Profile Electric Cutouts | HID Projectors | DDM Tuning Slim 5k Headlights | DDM Tuning Slim 5k Foglights|Roush Eibach Pro Kit | Smoked' Vinyl Overlays |

replica

Only time I get to nail the gas is at a metered ramp. One each way to work. Only lasts a second though, since the person that just left the metered light in front of me generally has the tenacity for life equal to a pile of crap.
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT STYLE View Post
I live in SoCal and traffic is always bad. To top it off, there are no 1/4 mile tracks here anymore. At least no 1/4 mile tracks that still let the public run on them.
I'm not much of a going fast on a straight line kinda guy so this is why I have a V6 and a Sportbike, I can get up very early on the weekends and hit up the Malibu canyons (or other canyons for that matter) and have a great time without any traffic or cops (dang bicyclists get up early too so you can't avoid them )

2012 Black V6 Performance, Pony and Security Package, Tint, Take-off leather seats, GT500 Steering Wheel, JLT CAI, Auto Headlight switch, Quarter Win Louvers.
Apprentice

For me, owning a Mustang means getting out of the city and exploring the roads less traveled.

2013 GT Coupe Premium - Performance White/OTT Stripe
400A | 6AT | Comfort | Electronics | RSS+Security | Rearview Camera | Shaker Pro | 19s
3M Crystalline Tint | FRPP GT500 Axle Backs
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin' 302 View Post
For me, owning a Mustang means getting out of the city and exploring the roads less traveled.
Agreed. And there are plenty of places to go fast in Texas. Texas may get first 85-mph highway - KIAH

Sure it is frustrating driving in city traffic, but just b/c your pony is straining at the reins doesn't mean you have to goose it all the time. It's just a great feeling to know you can unleash it if you have the space. I mean that - I see way too many morons driving too fast and close to other cars.

One of my guilty pleasures is getting guys in $200K+ cars to show them off. They notice the Mustang. So far I've got a guy in a Ferrari F430 frustrated b/c he couldn't go anywhere in traffic and had an Audi R8 gt show me his 3.3 sec 0-60.

Mine's still bone stock, but I'm tempted to mod.

Some regard private enterprise as if it were a predatory tiger to be shot. Others look upon it as a cow that they can milk. Only a handful see it for what it really is - the strong horse that pulls the whole cart. - Winston Churchill

2012 Kona Blue GT Premium/Stone Int/Brembos/3.55/HID+Security/Comfort
Delivered 8-9-11. Complete 8-month order history in my profile!
Apprentice
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwhee View Post
I understand this feeling all to well living in LA. The traffic is so annoying and most of the idiots here are doing something that they shouldn't be doing piloting a two ton vehicle; eating, putting on makeup, talking on the phone, texting, smoking weed, the list goes on and on. That was one of the main reasons I bought the v6. If I lived in a rural area where I could stomp on my 5.0 and leave 20 ft of tire marks from every red light I damn sure would be driving a torque monster 5.0. But living in LA the reality is 80 percent of the time I'm under 2000 RPM loafing around in traffic at 40 MPH. Slide it into second if I wanna pass someone, and it only lasts 2 and a half seconds as I rocket to 70 and need to slow down for the cop two feet away... if I had the 5.0 instead of getting to 70 in 3 seconds I'd do it in one and have to slam on the breaks the other 2 ... not worth it for me. Even my cars 305 HP I don't use all the time, and when I do its only for a total of 3-5 seconds because by that time I'm well above the speed limit in any area other than the freeway where it takes 6 seconds to break the law.
When I was out there in April I wished I had my GT instead of the Altima rental I had. I happened to luck out and be first at the light in Pasadena where S Arroyo Pkwy. becomes 110. Light turned green and I punched that Altima and had nothing in front of me all the way down to Sunset. That truly is a fun run if you can hit it lucky like I did.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page