Engine bay and more... 2012 Mustang White 5.0 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Engine bay and more... 2012 Mustang White 5.0

I have been meaning to post some pics for a while now so here you guys go. Future mods include gloss black hood spears, paint spoiler gloss black, tinted tail lights and a custom shift knob.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stang.jpg
Views:	4366
Size:	213.7 KB
ID:	157576   Click image for larger version

Name:	stang engine.jpg
Views:	692
Size:	269.3 KB
ID:	157577   Click image for larger version

Name:	stang engine cover.jpg
Views:	2652
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	157578   Click image for larger version

Name:	stang side.jpg
Views:	6473
Size:	146.4 KB
ID:	157579  

2012 Performance white/saddle premium 6mt 5.0 with HID's, Reverse sensing, Reverse camera, comfort package, 3.73's, black billet upper/lower grille, smoked headlight covers, Pypes black AB's, Eleanor style louvers, Eibach pro kit springs, PP wheels, 19" nickel painted (winter) wheels WeatherTech floor liners, infinity kappa 682.9cf front speakers..
TRADED -2012 Lava Red Metallic v6 Premium:
Mustang Club of America, Performance package, HIDs, Reverse Sensor/Security package, Comfort Package...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasam View Post
I have been meaning to post some pics for a while now so here you guys go. Future mods include gloss black hood spears, paint spoiler gloss black, tinted tail lights and a custom shift knob.

Thats nice. Like the PW cars. I love the detail in the engine bay. Did you do the brace in Plastidip?

Engine bay and more... 2012 Mustang White 5.0-red-detail.png

2011 5.0 Gt Premium, Black,Stone Interior,400A, Shaker 1000,3.55 Gears, 19" Pirellies, Air Raid CAI, Roush Axel Backs, Bama 91 performance Tuned, Roush body package.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Looks great, I like it! Thanks for sharing!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member

Very Nice...like the B/W contrast
RC

2011 GT/CS Auto-Security Package, HID, Remote Start.

STEEDA: LCA/Upper 3rd Link, Adj Rear Sway bar, Spyder 20" Rims 11"/9.5", Hood Struts.

VMP S/C w/82mm Pulley, JLT CF Intake, Vortech Max Flow BAP, AFCO Dual Fan Heat Exchanger, FMS 3.31 Gears, Kooks 1-7/8 LTs, Kooks Off Road H-Pipe, GT500 AB's, Baer Big Brake Kit with 14" Rotors, Aeroforce Interceptor Dual Scan Gauge w/Speed of Sound A-Pillar.

Roush Front Bumper, Saleen Front Grille, Custom Radiator Cover/Coil Covers
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
Did you do the brace in Plastidip?

Attachment 157586
Yes I taped off the GT emblem and plastidipped it. Was real easy.

2012 Performance white/saddle premium 6mt 5.0 with HID's, Reverse sensing, Reverse camera, comfort package, 3.73's, black billet upper/lower grille, smoked headlight covers, Pypes black AB's, Eleanor style louvers, Eibach pro kit springs, PP wheels, 19" nickel painted (winter) wheels WeatherTech floor liners, infinity kappa 682.9cf front speakers..
Mustang Club of America, Performance package, HIDs, Reverse Sensor/Security package, Comfort Package...
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012
PONY Member

I like your white engine details. Looks well done

2011 Black 5.0 GT/CS manual, Tech pkg, HID, Comfort pkg
1/4"wheel spacers, GT500 exhaust, AEM intake, BAMA tune, Amsoil

1995 5.0 cobra clone. BBK full exhaust, BBK intake, 70mm throttle body. (sold)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Like the look. Two questions. 1. Did you paint your engine cover yourself or did you get them done at a shop? 2. the upper and lower grill, where did you get them? AM?

Black|2012|5.0|Brembo brakes|3.73 Gears|Roush louvers|MMD taillight trim|Fog light tints|Headlight covers|Taillight Tint|Quarter marker tint|Brakelight tints|Side marker tint|Plasti dipped rims|JLT oil separator|
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-10-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Thanks everyone! I painted the engine and coil covers myself and the grilles are from American Muscle.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Do you guys think painting the roof black would go well with hood spears and a black spoiler?

GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

How did you paint the "Powered by Ford" in black? Did you use a small brush?

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
A small brush probably would have been easier but I painted the whole thing white, taped it off, cut out the letters and painted them black with spray paint.

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

Nice!

Sent from my SGH-T589 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by socasam View Post
Do you guys think painting the roof black would go well with hood spears and a black spoiler?
Yes the black roof would look good. But maybe you should think about a gloss (or matte) vinyl wrap on the roof instead of paint. Just a thought.

2013 Black GT/CS. Electronics pkg. Comfort, 3.73. CravenSpeed Stubby Antenna. JLT Oil Separator. 20% rear 50% front tint. Clearbra. Flip Down License Plate Holder.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
I'm definitely going with a gloss finishto match the wheels. I guess I will have to check out the price difference between vinyl and paint

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page