My new 19" Ford Racing Boss 302S Black wheels with Machined Face - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: What should I do with these 19" Ford Racing wheels
Leave them as is with the Gloss Black with Machined Face 38 79.17%
Paint them Flat Charcoal like the AMR Wheels 10 20.83%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Send a message via MSN to Rorysbrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRABBER3.7L View Post
I like them just the way they are actually!

Btw how do you like the brembo's?? Plan on getting the kit sometime soon..or when I need it lol. Can't justify changing my brakes at 3500kms
Love the Brembos!

If I was to start over today with Mods, here is my ranking of things I would do first:

1. Ford Racing Recaro Seats (or buy a new Mustang with this option)
2. Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft (awesome in reducing NVH, the decel vibration is not noticeable from the Dual Mass Flywheel)
3. Brembo Brakes (or buy a new Mustang with this option)
4. Ford Racing V6 Handling kit or Eibach equivalent kit
5. Barton or MGW shifter

Rory S. Brown from Surrey, BC Canada
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorysbrown View Post
I'll definitely be keeping the Ford Racing center caps because the theme of my car is Ford Racing.
I think they look great just as they are. Thanx for posting these pics. I've been planning on buying these wheels for my black '09 next winter, but I really wanted to see them on a black car first. I've also thought about stripping the black paint off & polishing the insets like the pic below.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012_Boss_302.jpg
Views:	2606
Size:	195.8 KB
ID:	157657  

US Navy (Retired)

2009 GT500 - Black, stripe delete, HID's, Shaker 1K, GT500 PTP. Brenspeed Stage 2 power package (JLT CAI, Metco 2.6" pulley, NGK plugs, tune), Barton shifter, FRPP lowering springs, 2010 GT500 wheels & tires.
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-11-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcate View Post
I think they look great just as they are. Thanx for posting these pics. I've been planning on buying these wheels for my black '09 next winter, but I really wanted to see them on a black car first. I've also thought about stripping the black paint off & polishing the insets like the pic below.
More pics of the wheels on my web page 2012 Ford Mustang under the "Pictures of my car" link on the page

2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2014 Mustang MCA Edition in Grabber Blue. Previously: 2016 Shelby GT350 in Race Red, 2015 Mustang V6 Competition Orange, 2012 Mustang V6 Premium ProCharged in Black, 2011 Mustang V6 Premium in Red Candy Metallic, and 1979 Mustang Cobra in Bright Red (My 1st New Car)
Website www.mymustang.ca

PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorysbrown View Post
More pics of the wheels on my web page 2012 Ford Mustang under the "Pictures of my car" link on the page
All downloaded, & thanx again. Very nice car!

US Navy (Retired)

2009 GT500 - Black, stripe delete, HID's, Shaker 1K, GT500 PTP. Brenspeed Stage 2 power package (JLT CAI, Metco 2.6" pulley, NGK plugs, tune), Barton shifter, FRPP lowering springs, 2010 GT500 wheels & tires.
GT Member

^ Car does look great! Just wish those wheels were alot lighter!

GRABBER BLUE 2012 Mustang Coupe V6 Premium|Pony Package*

Performance: Airaid Intake, SCT SF3 Tuner, BBK Ceramic Shorty Headers, LethalPerformance O/R H-Pipe, FRPP Sport Axle-backs, JLT Oil Separator, DriveShaftShop Aluminum Driveshaft.
Suspension: Boss 302 Strut Brace, Steeda: Chrome Moly LCA's, Adj.UCA, Adj.Panhard bar, Ultra-Lite Springs, Pro-Action Shocks/Struts, Heavy-Duty Caster Camber Plates & Trunk X-Brace.
Wheels/Tires: Staggered 19" Forgestar Wheels with Nitto Invo Tires.
Apprentice

Without question the Ford Racing Boss 302S Black wheels with Machined Face as is looks the best by far, not even close. I may have to look at these to replace the Brembos wheels. Does anyone know if you can use the Brembo mustang cap with these Boss 302S wheels?
post #22 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchap15 View Post
Without question the Ford Racing Boss 302S Black wheels with Machined Face as is looks the best by far, not even close. I may have to look at these to replace the Brembos wheels. Does anyone know if you can use the Brembo mustang cap with these Boss 302S wheels?
I'm sure they will.

Website www.mymustang.ca
PONY Member

I would love to see those BOSS 302S wheels painted. I love the shape and overall vibe, but have always wished they weren't machined/black. I can relate why you'd be tempted to do it. Especially the matte gray that could look bad ass.

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

100,000 times over, leave them as-is! Those wheels are just stunning, as is your car. Don't ruin those wheels with powder coat or paint.

Also, I hate that you're constantly making your car more and more badass as mine sits in basically stock limbo. Just jealous...

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
Apprentice

Like the Boss 302S wheels as-is.

Base 2013 Mustang GT convertible, MT, race red w/301A package, JLT air/oil separator, JHR shifter bracket, K&N air filter
Apprentice

I have a Boss 302 that needs those wheels so send them to me and use the flat black ones!!!

2011 PPV6. ATI Supercharger, 373 gears. Hotpoint LCA's, Fays 2 watts link, Stillen front spoiler, GT 500 rear diffuser and spoiler. Steeda hood hinges. American Racing headers and MGW shifter.
Rookie

The more I look at these wheels, the more I like them. I hate flashy looking wheels, and kind of lean towards factory looking wheels. These really look good...they're factory wheels, but not common, so that helps I think. I may have to get a set of these when I get tired of my AMR's.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchap15 View Post
Does anyone know if you can use the Brembo mustang cap with these Boss 302S wheels?
I can confirm they are the same size and will fit. I didn't like the look at the Ford Racing centercaps and just transferred the ones over from my Brembo wheels. Compare pick from my old wheels below to the OP's with the white Ford Racing cap. Looks better with the black pony cap IMO.

Apprentice

HeavyD, thanks, that looks awesome, luv the pony cap! And so now it begins again, how much and where?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page