ugh ... never let anyone wash your car - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

A good detailer can take care of that for sure, but it's something you could easily do yourself with a DA and some research. Autogeek and Detailed Image were my go-to sites before using a DA for the first time last winter. Here are a few before/after pics.

Before: http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...g/101_0416.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...g/101_0429.jpg

After: http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...g/101_0460.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...g/101_0450.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...g/101_0448.jpg
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/...g/101_0463.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

9 out of 10 times I get my car washed at a local Dannys and they have never scratched my car. I only have them do the machine washes and never the handwash, and they keep their mitts in a bucket of dirty water.

PONY Member

And people think I'm a **** for never stopping by the local boy scout/baseball team..etc fund raiser car washes.

2013 Mustang GT, Track Pack, 3.73's,
Hotchkis springs, 18x9.5,18x11 Forgestar CF5's, Lethal o/r H-Pipe, JLT CAI, BBR tune, Hotchkis panhard, UMI LCA relocation brackets, BMR LCA's, MGW, GT500 strut mounts, KYB struts, GT500 ab's, Steeda motor mounts, NX plate

2003 Mach 1-R.I.P
2003 Mach 1-Procharged*SOLD*

PONY Member
Classic Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffnuts23 View Post
And people think I'm a **** for never stopping by the local boy scout/baseball team..etc fund raiser car washes.
THANKYOU....... someone had to say it.

Shelby Bills, Shelby Grilles, Check Out The Oil My Shelby Spills.
PONY Member

In the future.. for yourself.. before you dry.. spray detail spray on the car while it's wet.. then wipe it dry. You can get gallons of the stuff from chemical guys.com.

Even with microfiber towels.. drying the car can scratch it.

Build2 2011 Kona Blue GT. Premium, Brembo Package, 3.73, Glass Roof.
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by molesen76 View Post
i thought about going back, but i known when i just should leave something alone. it's two guy in a gas station plaza, i been to them multiple times with my silver truck but never really noticed how ****** a job they did , simply because it didn't show up on my silver truck like it did to my black mustang. no one really to blame here but me, i just wanted my car to look somewhat pretty for when i get my 19" amr wheels this week
Never, ever let idiots who do crappy work and who shouldn't claim to do what they do get off with no rebuttal. Please, do the world a favor, go back, and tell them that they suck. This country is filled with idiots who pose. Call them out and tell them how badly they need a new career. It's the humane thing to do.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nobody even gets to touch my black stang, unless, I know they what they are doing. I'm extremely paranoid about who touches my car.

Black|2012|5.0|Brembo brakes|3.73 Gears|Roush louvers|MMD taillight trim|Fog light tints|Headlight covers|Taillight Tint|Quarter marker tint|Brakelight tints|Side marker tint|Plasti dipped rims|JLT oil separator|
Apprentice

time to invest in a DA polisher! especially with a black car

2012 Kona Blue V6 6M Base | Performance Package | Boss 302 Steering Wheel | MGW Shifter | Morel Components
1985.5 Black SVO | Stinger FMIC | Forced4 CAI | More Boost!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventh View Post
Also I'd be interested to know if they use the dual-bucket technique for washing
Looks like they do... each guy has his own bucket of slurry!

In all seriousness, op, you can fix this yourself with the right tools and knowledge. Just go to autogeek.net and do some reading. Lots of options. I hope it works out for you!

PONY Member

The paint on these cars sucks

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
MACH I Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scupking View Post
That sucks. I never let anyone clean my cars but me.
Quoted for the truth. No one washes my car but me.

2012 Mustang V6 Premium | Black on Black - SOLD
Options:6-speed automatic | pony package | HID headlamps | security package | reverse sensing system | comfort package
Build date: 5/12/2011 | Purchased: 6/7/2011
Mods: tape stripe delete | 20% tint | Dynomax SS cat-back exhaust (39507) | smoked side markers | Injen intake (PF9022WB)
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

well, i'm glad to say that after a hell of a wash and hand wax i got the car looking much better. the swirl marks are alot less noticeable, especially after i hand waxed it with turtle wax ice for about an hour lol. i don't think it's considered a real "wax" but i like what is did.

i also got a microfiber and cloth foam applicator and some swirl remover .... than tested it out on my girlfriends black tsx
i didn't really see a difference,maybe i wasnt using it right. oh well, back to the how to videos!
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerJerney View Post
I don't pretend to know anything, but I'll bet most scratches come for the car being dried off.

Nobody washes my stuff but me. I use the leaf blower to dry it.

^^^I Agree^^^ except I don`t use the leaf blower any more. I spent the money & got a Air force Metro Blaster.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!
PONY Member
S197 Member

Have it wet sanded by a Pro.

13 Shelby GT500 - SVT Perf Pak - SVT Trak Pak - Electronics Pkg w/NAV - Leather Recaros - JL Audio Stereo Upgrade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwli View Post
I even keep a large " DO NOT WASH" sign in my cars that I put on the dashboard whenever I visit the dealership for service as they sometimes forget my no wash instructions.
Ha, and I thought I was the only one who did that! I was even there when my car was delivered off the truck and insisted that they do not clean it prior to delivery.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page