The more I look at the 2013's - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasa631 View Post

I was wondering since I have NEVER bought a car brand new before and more so never ordered one from online to have things set just how I want. So my question on this since it is still on the new car topic....when I enter my car's value and get the price for everything after everything is said and done, how does the value stay at where I plug it in since there a little bit of a difference in time from order being placed and the pick up of the car.
I suggest you go talk to a salesman as sometimes the prices vary from what options you want and sometimes the dealer might have just what you want in the lot so no need to order and be waiting hastle

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-12-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
True, like I said I've never gotten a brand new car so dont know much on it lol

2007 Mustang GT Red / Manual / Airaid CAI / Tuner / Smoked third brake light / CCFL Smoked Halo Headlights / HID headlights / Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust / JBA Long Tube Headers / Off Road H-pipe / Line lock / Roush Short Shifter
Apprentice

Get the price in writing... That's what I did and I've got their hand written price sheet along with my final price and finance numbers on their papers. It has my trade-in value, price of the vehicle, incentives, etc.

Whenever you have things in writing, your butt is covered if someone tries to screw you. However, if they tried to do that to me, I'd also second guess trying to get a vehicle from them, let alone getting warranty work done there.

The best part about negotiating is you're not bound to anything. Sit down, talk it over, haggle, and if you're not pleased walk away. Actually, try walking away, they usually lower their prices faster. I told them the price range I wanted and they kept hovering over it. When I asked them how long the prices were good for and was about to walk away they magically came within the price I wanted to pay. Go figure.

'13 'Stang - V6 Base GHIG - Ordered: 5/31 - VIN Issued: 6/7 - Window Sticker: 6/19 - Build Date: 6/25 - ETA: 7/6 - Received: 7/3
'00 Grand Prix
- L67 Swap, 3.25" Pulley, Cam, Headers, etc.

GT Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

I just bought a 2013 sterling grey mustang gt with the track package and tech 301A package yesterday. I love it. I am coming from a red 2002 mustang gt with 93 tune, bassani catted x, 75mm throttle body, c&l plenum and some other things.

Completely different car. Much much much nicer....................... good hp too

2002 Mustang GT 5 speed: Mach 1 grille delete, K&N drop-in air filter, 75mm BBK throttle body, ported C&L plenum, UPR upper and lower control arms, KYB shocks/struts, McLeod Super Street Pro clutch kit, AM firewall adjuster, MM clutch quadrant, Steeda Tri-Ax shifter, Bassani catted x pipe, Flowmaster weld-in 40's, SCT 93 octane Bama tune
SOLD
for...
2013 Mustang GT 6 speed: GT Track Package, 301A Tech Package, JLT Catch Can, GT500 Axleback, Steeda Shifter Bushing
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbull271 View Post
Why not wait another year or so when the 13's and 14's will be greatly reduced and nice rebates on them. This will be due to the 2015 redisign and because of that there will be PLENTY of them sitting on lots to choose from with dealers ACHING to move them, But then you might not want a 13 or 14 after seeing the 2015

WAIT

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE
Wait nothing. Our lives are not promised not now not ever!
Us 50 + old farts need to move fast time running out Then again so is it for the YOUNG!

Order 11/2 * Dora 11/6 * Vin 11/17 * Window Sticker 12/3 * Blend 12/8 * ETA 12/26 * Dealer 12/22 * Delivered 12/28/15

2016 I4 2.3L EcoBoost *Competition Orange * Group 201A * 6-Speed Auto * Security Package * Wheel & Stripe Package * Spare Tire * Park Assist
Rookie

i must say, the 2013 is waaayyy nicer than the 2010-12 models
in 2010, after the 2011 model was already out, i bought a 2009 V6 with very low KMs instead of getting one of the newer models. i loved everything about it (except for it being a V6) and thought i would much rather work on it and upgrade it than even consider a 2011... then the 2013 came out.

i went to the dealership with my buddy just to see if they had any 2009 GT's because i was considering trading mine in. it would be roughly the same price as my car since i had done some mods to it, so i wasnt even planning on spending much money... then i saw that beauty of a 2013 GT/CS sitting on the lot, and decided immediately that i was buying it. i dont have a single complaint about the car and it is worth every penny that i paid for it. all the redcesigns in the California Special edition are immaculate. i put my car in a car show 4 days after i bought it, hadnt changed anything from the way it came from the factory, and my car stood out among everyone elses upgraded cars and old classics. the crowd around my car was the biggest by far, meaning only one thing. FORD CLUTCHED UP with the 2013. nuff said
PONY Member

I have an `11 Ram Hemi with the factory "Aggressive Sound" exhaust. It is pretty quiet, but it sounds good.

The exhaust note from my factory `13 V6 PP is louder, and honesty, quite similar to the Hemi. I'll bet Ford spent a lot of time getting that 3.7 to sound as it does.

3 years ago, if you would have gotten into a 3.7 with the 3:31 with the MT82, and were told that it was a small V8, you would have never questioned it.

But if you're after 500 horses, you'd better stick to the five oh.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page