2015 mustang article - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

one thing that i wanted to point out is that they made a point to mention (maybe not in this article particularly... cant remember) that they kept a few certain styling points from the current model in the new design... but in my opinion they kept all the wrong ones ie the the quarter windows and the whole scoop down the side of the body... i just dont think they belong on the new design. they dont look natural. just my two cents

1994 Mustang GT Convertible 5-Speed. (Opal Frost) Flowmaster Headers and Flowmaster super 40 Mufflers with Axel Dumps, K&N Air Filter and Jegs Pushbutton Ignition system
Car is under restoration. just got new opal frost paint sprayed on and a new top. want to freshen up the interior and complete a 351W swap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member
5.0L Member

that picture is ridiculous.

All some artist did was take the concept Ford photos from the EVOS drawings, which we have already established are NOT the future Mustang as people originally said, but are being used for the EVOS concept car, and being pushed into the ford fusion.

They took that, and drew a California special style grille on it. Lame. The 2015 will not look anything like that.

2012 Kona Blue GT Prem, 401A (Charc + Blue), MT, 3.73, HIDs, Glass Roof, Electronics, Rear Sense + Security, Rear View Cam.
JHR bracket, FRPP, Steeda Sport Springs, Pro Action Dampers, adj Panhard, J&M Camber Plates

2004 Xterra (Sold) 2000 AltezzaRS (AKA-Lexus IS200 Sold)
"Mustangs are like good looking women. You can spend a lot of money dressing them up, but really they just look better naked."
replica

I'd be thrilled with a lighter turbo 4 SVO resurrection.

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flargimmer View Post
I'm gonna feel so bad for people that bought the '13 if the '14 comes out with IRS.

They've gotta make the last truly retro Mustang something special, and this is definitely the way to go.

I feel like they will drop the new engines early and beef up the suspension for one last special edition. Bullitt or Mach 1? I would sell everything I own for one.
I bought a '13 and have always loved solid axles. I know exactly how it will behave and can control it, while having fun. With IRS, you'll get traction at weird times, in my opinion, that make it harder to drive hard. That's my opinion of course, but I grew up on solid axle american muscle cars.

The same can be said about ATVs. Ask anyone who goes from a Honda 450 R, for example, what they think about the Honda 700XX with IRS. They all hate it. I have a 700XX and like it for its comfort, but I also cannot turn on a dime from a standstill like I can on a solid axle ATV. The tradeoffs are nice for cruising, but not at all for raising hell.

If Ford does go to an IRS, they better make it darn good or they're going to piss a bunch of fans off trying to get Civic drivers into Mustangs.
PONY Member

the picture in this article is the same picture from months ago, it isn't an actual prototype of the '15. It was just a concept drawing, not even made by ford.

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1llz View Post
the picture in this article is the same picture from months ago, it isn't an actual prototype of the '15. It was just a concept drawing, not even made by ford.
ok we've establiched that this is not a ford authorized concept... point being if the new mustang looks anything like this it will upset a lot of die hard loyalists

1994 Mustang GT Convertible 5-Speed. (Opal Frost) Flowmaster Headers and Flowmaster super 40 Mufflers with Axel Dumps, K&N Air Filter and Jegs Pushbutton Ignition system
Car is under restoration. just got new opal frost paint sprayed on and a new top. want to freshen up the interior and complete a 351W swap
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevessvt View Post
'The next-generation Mustang is likely to be powered by a new 2.0 liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6 engine from an old-school V8. Stay tuned for more.'
Wait......what? A 2L twin turbo V6 from an old school V8?
What does that even mean?
And if its that obvious, explain it to me like Im a Dodge owner.

Oh,...wait.....
Maybe he meant that the twin turbo v6 will replace the V8 engines.
Rookie

Looks like the base V6 engine will be replaced by a 2.3L EcoBoost with 330hp.
2015 Ford Mustang to swap out base V6 for 330hp four-cylinder?
Quote:
Fordís next-generation Mustang will reportedly share its entry-level engine with the next Focus RS hot hatch. Fordís all-new Mustang is expected to bow for the 2015 model year.
Speaking with the UKís Auto Express, Matthias Ton, head of Fordís global performance car division, revealed that Dearborn-based automaker is developing a new 2.3L EcoBoost four-cylinder that will be used in the base model Mustang as well as the next-generation Focus RS. The four-cylinder is expected to replace the Mustangís current 3.7L V6.
Thanks to Fordís EcoBoost turbocharging technology, the four-cylinder will reportedly develop upwards of 330 horsepower. That would represent a 25 horsepower gain over the Mustangís current V6, and the turbo four would undoubtedly trump the six-potís 280 lb-ft of torque.
And given Fordís dedication to efficiency, the four-cylinder Mustang would certainly best the 3.7′s ratings of 19/31mpg city/highway.
The 2.3L could be ready to launch with the new Mustang for the 2015 model year, but the Dearborn-based automaker has been known to delay engine upgrades by a model year or two
So this is what could happen. The new Mustang will weigh about 3400lbs.
1. The base will be a 2.3L EcoBoost
2. The GT will be 5.0L DI with about 450hp.
3. The GT500 will be 5.0 DI twin turbo with about 650hp.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

The guy running Ford said that the company as a whole wants to slowly step away from the V8. Not everyone there agrees but Alan was a big supporter of the eco tec v6 pickups. Alan is using the success of that program to justify a Turbo V6 Gt and 4 cylinder under it. The coyote will see duty in the GT500 and other halo Mustangs. The argument is that everyone thought that pickup guys would NEVER give up their V8's but apperantly if the V6 has more power and higher fuel efficiency a large number of them will. Ford is banking that Mustang owners will feel the same. This will allow Ford to meet the ever shrinking CAFE standards with ease.

It's the freaking 1970's all over again just with more horsepower.

2012 Kona 5.0 w/3.73's
Apprentice
4.6L Member

This appears to be a very cunning sales strategy by Ford.

I am sure The guy responsible for sales and marketing of the Mustang is catching grief that sales are behind the Camaro.

This is a great way to get potential buyers off the fence to make their mover earlier than later

The only reason to reveal a design 2-years early is as a tool to spur sales of the outgoing model.

Most Mustang fans while be desperate to get the current design (while they can) instead of having to settle for another soap bar to long in the shower design
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decline View Post
The guy running Ford said that the company as a whole wants to slowly step away from the V8. Not everyone there agrees but Alan was a big supporter of the eco tec v6 pickups. Alan is using the success of that program to justify a Turbo V6 Gt and 4 cylinder under it. The coyote will see duty in the GT500 and other halo Mustangs. The argument is that everyone thought that pickup guys would NEVER give up their V8's but apperantly if the V6 has more power and higher fuel efficiency a large number of them will. Ford is banking that Mustang owners will feel the same. This will allow Ford to meet the ever shrinking CAFE standards with ease.

It's the freaking 1970's all over again just with more horsepower.
any reasonable truck person understands that their truck is a tool. i think the v6 went over well because it made the truck better overall. the mustang is more of a toy rather than a tool. if someone is going to drop 30 grand on a toy theyre gonna want a v8 because thats what theyve always associated with the mustang.

PONY Member

Regardless of the various article's speculation, I'm going to say there is 0% chance that there you won't be able to get a V8 GT in the 2015's. It's a muscle car, and there would be too much of an outcry and bad press if they completely took away the option.

post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

agreeeeeeeeeeeeed

Apprentice

I agree there will be a V8 but I would love a 4 turbo option for a daily/winter car...
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by machz View Post
I agree there will be a V8 but I would love a 4 turbo option for a daily/winter car...
Well sure, that sounds like a great idea to have as an option, but that would naturally take the place of the v6, rather than as an option in the GT.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page