2015 mustang article - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knappster94gt View Post
any reasonable truck person understands that their truck is a tool. i think the v6 went over well because it made the truck better overall. the mustang is more of a toy rather than a tool. if someone is going to drop 30 grand on a toy theyre gonna want a v8 because thats what theyve always associated with the mustang.
I agree wholeheartedly. If its true ( and I think it is, the articles I read were from interviews with people in product development at Ford) I fear Ford is making a big mistake but what do I know? I though Ford was out of their mind when they started charging over $30000 for a Mustang, but it seems to have done ok. We shall see...

2012 Kona 5.0 w/3.73's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member
5.0L Member

ford has a history of doing more with less which i think will always pay off in the long run just as it always has. with the coming redesign the demographic of the average mustang buyer may change drastically but im sure it will keep working for them. even though we may not like it, others might. you win some and you lose some

1994 Mustang GT Convertible 5-Speed. (Opal Frost) Flowmaster Headers and Flowmaster super 40 Mufflers with Axel Dumps, K&N Air Filter and Jegs Pushbutton Ignition system
Car is under restoration. just got new opal frost paint sprayed on and a new top. want to freshen up the interior and complete a 351W swap
GLOBAL MODERATOR
S197 Member

If Ford get"s rid of the V8 in there NEW 2015 Mustang, they will destroy the Mustang that we know and love.I would not buy any engine with a boost, and a 6 or 4 banger would never be given a second thought,V8 GT Mustang or no Mustang at all for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page