Help with Ford incentive - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I always buy the CR price report and take it with me when I work the deal. Sure, you can get about the same info other places for free, but the CR report carries alot more weight than saying I saw this online or I saw that... they totally don't give a crap and will just say flat out you're wrong. But when the see the CR report they know they can't BS you. CR also has all the up to the minute regional incentives and holdbacks the big sites don't always have too.

OR... you can find a really good dealer like I did last time who made such a good offer upfront I didn't even counter. I know what he had in the car and the margin was so small it was probably tighter than what I would have offered had I started with my number first. We did dance around a bit regarding the trade, but it was all very cordial.

Good luck out there swimming with the sharks.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
I always buy the CR price report and take it with me when I work the deal. Sure, you can get about the same info other places for free, but the CR report carries alot more weight than saying I saw this online or I saw that... they totally don't give a crap and will just say flat out you're wrong. But when the see the CR report they know they can't BS you. CR also has all the up to the minute regional incentives and holdbacks the big sites don't always have too.

OR... you can find a really good dealer like I did last time who made such a good offer upfront I didn't even counter. I know what he had in the car and the margin was so small it was probably tighter than what I would have offered had I started with my number first. We did dance around a bit regarding the trade, but it was all very cordial.

Good luck out there swimming with the sharks.
Thanks. I have the CR report also and it actually matches up to the carsdirect.com pricing. So far, what he's told me has matched up to both of these. Yeah, he's tried to do a little bit of dealer games but nothing major. I just ignore those parts. We are at the trade value part. My car being a 95, well I may not have much to stand on even though I've done some body work to it a few years ago. I didn't ask for an unreal amount and hopefully they will give me what I'm asking. We'll see how it goes as so far I have not heard back from the guy who checked out my car last night. The gm is at a car show this weekend so I guess I wait to hear what he has to say on Monday.

If you're a Rush fan, get in touch.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Well, I did it :
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0997.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	425.8 KB
ID:	158196  

PONY Member

Congratulations on your purchase! Just yesterday afternoon I saw a black 2013 GT going north on 495. Quite a beautiful car!

2014 GT Coupe, 3.73 gears, Security Pkg
PONY Member

Yeaaaaahhhhhhhh booooyyyyyyyyy

2012 GT Premium - 401A - 6MT - 3.73s - Steeda CAI and Tune - Steeda Q-Series Hood - Forgestar CF5s - SVT Brembo Brakes - BOSS Brake Ducts - MGW Shifter - GT500 Axlebacks - BOSS Side Exit Exhuast - Eibach Prokit Springs - Adjustable Panhard Bar - BOSS Strut Tower Brace
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd M View Post
Well, I did it :
Congrats! It's gorgeous

-Ed-
'13 Mustang GT Premium ordered 5/22/2012, VIN 6/8/2012 Window Sticker 6/22/2012 Build Date: 6/29/2012 1srt ETA 7/4/2012 2nd ETA 7/14/2012 3rd ETA 7/25/2012 4th ETA 7/26/2012 Delivered to Dealer 7/17/2012 Picked up 7/23/2012
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks! I'm still in denial : )

Apprentice

Nice ride!

Were you able to get the additional $750 incentive too?

2012 Race Red GT Premium Convertible
Auto, Comfort Package, 19-in Premium Painted Luster Nickel Wheels, no other options

Prior Mustangs
1988 LX 5.0 Hatchback AOD
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe 5 Speed
1992 LX 5.0 Hatchback AOD w/125 Nitrous shot
1986 LX Coupe .040 over 302 w/C4 (unfinished)
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

No, they did check but my name was no longer in the system, unfortunately.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page