10% off of brake rotors Dimpled and Slotted @ http://brakeperformance.com - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

10% off of brake rotors Dimpled and Slotted @ http://brakeperformance.com

Yea, it seems like a spam ad. Sorry.

I think I am going to order some of the black zinc coated rotors for my Brembo's. $200 bucks shipped with pads for both wheels.

Brake Rotors Brake Discs Drilled Slotted Rotors

Figured I would pass on a good deal if I ever found one.

2011 Mustang GT, Black with Black stripe.
6 Speed Manual.
3.73 + Brembo Brake Package.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.
Appearance Package 4.(Hood Scoop and Rear Spoiler)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012
PONY Member

Damn, those are good deal.

Anyone have experience with these? I might have to get some.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I was wondering if the premium semi-metalic pads really are any better? I don't track but tend to run her a bit hard on the streets..

6 Speed Manual.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012
PONY Member

that link wont open at work, whats the site?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the rest of the title.

I wouldn't get those rotors, personally. While slotted rotors help dissipate heat better, they really eat up brake pads. The edge acts like a razor blade. I had a set on my last Mustang that I road raced and pads would last me about a year (10-13k miles) with just street driving. The rotors also look like they are an inferior quality compared to the Brembos that come on ours. If anything, I would pay a bit more and upgrade to drilled Brembo rotors.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

brakeperformance.com/

It works for me. You will have to copy and paste this one. You will have to select your car as well, on the left side of the site.

6 Speed Manual.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012
Apprentice

TPS Motorsports is much more well known, and has their rotors made by Centric, who makes Stoptech's parts.

They have front and rear rotors for only $299, and actually have a history of happy users. The corvette guys love them.

http://www.tpsmotorsports.com/mustan...-set-of-4.html

2012 GT Premium || Performance White w/ Black over the top stripes || Ebony Interior || 6 speed || Brembos || 3.73 || HID || Comfort Package || Electronic Package || Security Package || Hood Scoop || Pedestal Spoiler
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-14-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
that link wont open at work, whats the site?

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the rest of the title.

I wouldn't get those rotors, personally. While slotted rotors help dissipate heat better, they really eat up brake pads. The edge acts like a razor blade. I had a set on my last Mustang that I road raced and pads would last me about a year (10-13k miles) with just street driving. The rotors also look like they are an inferior quality compared to the Brembos that come on ours. If anything, I would pay a bit more and upgrade to drilled Brembo rotors.

I've always wondered if this is the case with slotted rotors and daily driving. Most folks get them for the looks, but if they eat up pads that's bad

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLK50 View Post
I've always wondered if this is the case with slotted rotors and daily driving. Most folks get them for the looks, but if they eat up pads that's bad
They look awesome, very aggressive. Performance is noticeable too (though maybe not under normal street driving). But they really do eat up pads. I even used Ceramic pads ($$) as they are a much harder material and supposed to be more resistant to wear with the slotted rotors. I still had to replace them quickly. Those rotors really are for track use only, unless you dont mind an annual brake job.

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-15-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekStangGT View Post
They look awesome, very aggressive. Performance is noticeable too (though maybe not under normal street driving). But they really do eat up pads. I even used Ceramic pads ($$) as they are a much harder material and supposed to be more resistant to wear with the slotted rotors. I still had to replace them quickly. Those rotors really are for track use only, unless you dont mind an annual brake job.
Well this is really only halfway through my 2nd summer with the car and I have to replace the brakes so annual is about what I am at right now!

6 Speed Manual.
Comfort Package.
Charcoal Black Interior.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page