Installing Vinyl Racing Stripes
So I decided to undertake the task of installing vinyl racing stripes on the g-ride. Any tips?
I have heard to use soapy water, black magic tint spray, and Rapid Tac. I don't feel comfortable using a tint spray or Rapid Tac since they might contain harmful ingredients that may ruin the paint. Any recommendations?
Also once the stripes are installed is there any post work that I need to do? Polish the stripes, wax them, etc..
If you have any other tips or recommendations that would be awesome. This is my first time doing it so I want to make sure I have all my information correct before doing it. From what I have seen it seems pretty straight forward but I know from experience its never like that lol. I created a doc that contains steps that I created from watching videos, forums, and speaking to people. Here is my 18 hopefully full proof steps.
1) Wash the car
a. Use detergent soap to wash down car to remove any excess wax
2) Make sure all excess soap has been removed
3) Rub the area down with rubbing alcohol
a. Make sure its dry before proceeding
4) Dry fit the stripe- measure to ensure the stripe is centered THROUGHOUT the car
5) Tape it down on multiple points as well as make marks with grease pen
6) Cut the tape off and use it as a guide to install the stripes
7) Spray area on car down with Rapid Tac or other solution
8) Spray Vinyl down with Rapid Tac or other solution
9) Once vinyl is in place start to squeegee the water out ALWAYS START FROM CENTER
10) If the vinyl is placed on sharp edges/drops. Squeege the flat part first from the center
11) Then the ridge starting at the center
12) Then the valley with sloping motion. Pull the graphic to remove excess fingers
13) Then go from the ridge straight down with the squeege
14) Make sure to squeegee all the water out for a nice non bubble application
15) Let it set for 15-30 minutes
16) Apply Rapid Tac on the paper wait 3-5 minutes
17) *GO REAL SLOW* Begin to remove the paper by pulling the paper at 90 degree angles against itself
18) IF IT BEGINS TO PULL THE VINYL UP LET IT SIT LONGER