3-04 Cobra Rims - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012 Thread Starter
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
3-04 Cobra Rims

I've searched the 2005-up forums, I'm wondering if these rims will fit? I was thinking standard front, deep dish rear.

1994-04 Mustang Machined Deep Dish 03 Cobra Wheel - 17X10.5 at LRS - Free Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang Machined 03 Cobra Wheel - 17X9 at LRS - Free Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang Chrome 03 Cobra Wheel - 17X9 at LRS - Free Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang Chrome 03 Cobra Wheel - 17X10.5 at LRS - Free Shipping!

I'm suprized noone has tried this yet. I'm very partial to the 03-04 Cobra's, I still want one today. I think they were one of the best looking Cobra's made.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member

Nobody has tried them because they are the wrong offset.

They will bolt on but will stick out too far, that's why they are listed as fitting 94-04.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012 Thread Starter
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Send a message via AIM to tormenting5.0 Send a message via Yahoo to tormenting5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
Nobody has tried them because they are the wrong offset.

They will bolt on but will stick out too far, that's why they are listed as fitting 94-04.
I know they'll bolt-on they have the correct pattern. Just wasn't sure what the max backspacing are car's can use. I'm trying to figure out what rims to get. I was going to get the boss rims. But I can't find any deep dish versions for the rear. I really don't like any of the GT or V6 OEM rims, and I want something a little different then what others are using.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tormenting5.0 View Post
I know they'll bolt-on they have the correct pattern. Just wasn't sure what the max backspacing are car's can use. I'm trying to figure out what rims to get. I was going to get the boss rims. But I can't find any deep dish versions for the rear. I really don't like any of the GT or V6 OEM rims, and I want something a little different then what others are using.

I have a pair of Hoosier slicks on those 17x10.5 Cobra R's, and they stick out about 1.25" .. The front's would stick out 3/4" or so. I think that would make your Mustang look like a 4x4 ... JMHO.

Good news,, Cruzin Concepts carries 18x9 and 18x10 Cobra R's that fit the 2005+ Mustangs if you want a staggered wheel that fits..

I'm debating getting those or the chrome 18x9 7 spoke Saleen's from AM. I like the Saleen's but the Cobra R is cheaper.

2010 Grabber Blue Mustang GT, Forged 4.6L Roush TVS and other stuff ... The modding shall never end ...

Wife's car ... 2014 Sterling Gray Premium GT 401A, stock for now ..
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012 Thread Starter
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive_55_not View Post
Good news,, Cruzin Concepts carries 18x9 and 18x10 Cobra R's that fit the 2005+ Mustangs if you want a staggered wheel that fits..
I'm debating getting those or the chrome 18x9 7 spoke Saleen's from AM. I like the Saleen's but the Cobra R is cheaper
Oh I'll have to check them out, I figured if I can find a rim thats gray in color. I can plastidip them white or black if I wanted to change colors. I like the Saleen's, but I like how the spokes of the cobra flare away from the rims edge better.

Thanks for the info

http://www.cruizinconceptswholesale....TAL95RSTYLEWTP

So those should fit fine?
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012
GT Member

Definitely the wrong off-set. We just put my extra set of Brembo pkg wheels on a 2000 Mustang to see how they fit, the rear ones are in pretty far and the front ones rub the sway bar when turned all the way.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2012 Thread Starter
Banned
V6 Member
5.0L Member

And they look good on the 2000, thats to bad. The back you could've used spacers to bring the rim out some. Nothing you can do about the fronts. I would rather have the Brembo pkg wheels, then my stock 17's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page