cervinis hood quality - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

I have a Cervini hood. I have had no problems at all. Been over 120 a few times with it on. No issues at all. It vibrates less than the stock aluminum hood. I also love the smooth underside. Makes a great spot for airbrushing!

2011 GT 6M - List is long... too long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I finally made it in to the adjuster on Sat afternoon. Didnt have time to post with father's day and all that. The grand total was $2500.00. But the adjuster said it would likely be substantially more because my baby girl was dirty and he couldnt see all the dents. I have been on annual military training for the past 2 weeks, working14-16 hr days, and didnt have time to wash it. Plus we were in the middle of BFE where the closest town (2miles away) is comprised of one church, a gas station, and a bar. So no car wash. The nearest town with a car wash was a 50 mile round trip. So I got home around 11p on Fri night and my appt ith the adjuster was at 1p. So I went through an automatic car wash and had all the waterspots having a black car will allow and the normal "Im a lazy a**" layer of dirt and small bugs the touchless car wash leaves behind. He then gave me the usual spill of using their body shop but then added it would be a 3-4mo wait. I called my reg body shop today and I am supposed to go talk to them on thurs and they should be able to get me in in 2 wks or less. I havent talked to them about replacing the hood yet but I will on thurs. On a funny note the insurance adjuster take a look at my car and goes "Ohh, you didnt get that much damage" I guess the look of utter contempt and my fantasies of ripping his head off were easily conveyed in my facial expressions and/or body language as he very quickly backpedaled and apologized. Then said "atleast compared to some cars I've seen" He then tried to make small talk about the mustang. I just gave him a dirty look. I was a little more than pissed at the moment but looking back it was kinda funny. You could see the Oh Sh!t look on his face it was priceless.

2012 Mustang GT Coupe MT Black on Black.
Rookie

2500? The oem hood alone is $1300.

2012 Sterling Gray Base 5.0

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KtownStang View Post
I have a Cervini hood. I have had no problems at all. Been over 120 a few times with it on. No issues at all. It vibrates less than the stock aluminum hood. I also love the smooth underside. Makes a great spot for airbrushing!
I sent an email to Cervini asking about he ram air kit for our hoods, and they said it would be available "in a couple of months".

Sent from my toilet with Crapatalk v2
---------------------------------------------------------------

427w, Tremec Magnum XL, 3.73
Too many mods to list - go here: paddedwall.org/2012mustang/Default.aspx
(Intentionally pissing off badge Nazis everywhere)
Engine swap by Two Ten Performance (twotenperformance.com) in San Antonio
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimmons View Post
I sent an email to Cervini asking about he ram air kit for our hoods, and they said it would be available "in a couple of months".

They told me the same thing in March...

2011 GT 6M - List is long... too long
Apprentice

I had one of my F150 and the fit was perfect and the paint guy also commented on the quality.
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-19-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas50 View Post
2500? The oem hood alone is $1300.
All the damage was paintless dent repair. They didn't quote to replace the hood just to fix the dents. I'm going to pay out of pocket for the new hood and then use the money they quoted for paint and prep.

Rookie

Oh ok. I figured they were replacing the hood.

I had the same thing happen to my car. Tons of hail damage but everything was replaced and pdr was used only on areas slightly damaged.

2012 Sterling Gray Base 5.0
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

update

I went to the body shop today and talked to them about my PDR and the new hood. With selling them my old hood and with paint and prep on the new hood. I am actually going to owe them only $96.00. So for $600 I am covering my deductible, getting a new cobra R hood, and getting it prepped and painted. So it worked out pretty well for me. I left my car with them today and will be picking it up on monday at lunch. I called cervinis and the hood should be here by tues of next week. Hopefully they will have it painted for me by the weekend. I also ordered cervinis tinted tail lights but they are about a 2wk wait. Once I get it all installed I will post pics.

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNGELDEDPONY View Post
It's between the cobra r and the 4inch cowl. I really like the Saleen hood but I already have a long honey do list and quite a few loads of dishes just talking the spousal unit into the $500 plus for the cervinis hood. Lol
Say it's your Christmas present in advance. And since it's only June by the time Christmas actually gets here, guilt will win out and you will still get presents.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Sounds good Ungeldedpony, will be waiting for the pics!

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 412horses View Post
Say it's your Christmas present in advance. And since it's only June by the time Christmas actually gets here, guilt will win out and you will still get presents.
Lol I like your thinking

MACH I Member
S197 Member

The hoods that "shake" at higher speeds are trapping air... That is the reason for the heat extractors on the 13's, and the blocked off honeycombs in the grills of the 10-12's....

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page