Got the dreaded "antenna fault" - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Got the dreaded "antenna fault"

Out of no where and now Sirius is dead. What little I could find indicates the antenna needs to be replaced. Anyone know if these are from water seepage? because all I did was pull out of the garage and wash the car. It was working whe i put it in the garage. Oh well, will be calling dealer tomorrow

2011 Mustang 3.7L V6 Premium ∙ MCA (203A)
Ingot Silver ∙ Charcoal Black ∙ Auto
HIDs ∙ Security ∙ Comfort Package ∙ Remote Start
Koni STR.T shocks/struts ∙ Roush DUB springs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Wow! That sounds like it's too easy to break, if all you did was wash the car!

Subscribed to find out how this works out! (I've got satellite radio in my car too!)

2009 Mustang GT Premium: Grabber Orange with custom black paint | 5 Speed Manual | 3.73 Gears | Custom CarFX Tune | Steeda Cold Air Intake | Steeda Axle Back Exhaust | Push To Start | Hurst Competition Plus Short Shifter | Rear Window Louvers | Window Tint | 8-inch Shorty Antenna | Parnelli Jones Race Number | ELEANOR Style Honeycomb Grille | ELEANOR Style Quarter Window Louvers | ELEANOR Vanity Plate
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012
PONY Member

Did you pay your bill for SIRUS?

Bobby B, a patriotic Long Island Senior Citizen who drives a 2011 5.0 Premium GT Coupe, all black, 6-speed MT82, 3.55:1 differential, Bama 87S Tune, 18" diameter wheels, Pirelli P-Zeros, Comfort & Security Packages, spoiler delete.
God, please bless the USA

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
Did you pay your bill for SIRUS?
I don't think that is the issue, even if Sirius "cuts you off", you still get the preview channel of 198....

MCA, did I read correctly that your SatRad is now working again? Mine cut out a couple times under high humidity conditions last summer, but the cut outs have not happened at all in the past year...

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
I don't think that is the issue, even if Sirius "cuts you off", you still get the preview channel of 198....

MCA, did I read correctly that your SatRad is now working again? Mine cut out a couple times under high humidity conditions last summer, but the cut outs have not happened at all in the past year...
Yes I am paid up, but that wouldn't be an antenna fault

Not working. When I switch to it I get the normal "loading text" message then "antenna fault". Just started out of nowhere

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCA2011 View Post
Yes I am paid up, but that wouldn't be an antenna fault

Not working. When I switch to it I get the normal "loading text" message then "antenna fault". Just started out of nowhere
There is an adjustment bolt on the bottom of the antenna, make certain it is tight, I'd also leave the trunk open for a couple hours if possible(may be moisture related)...

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-17-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
There is an adjustment bolt on the bottom of the antenna, make certain it is tight, I'd also leave the trunk open for a couple hours if possible(may be moisture related)...
I popped out the antenna and also checked connectivity on the wiring coupler under the trunk lid. Nothing. So it's either a completely dead antenna or something that needs to be traced back in the wiring. Not about to tear into the wiring or the dash. So I guess it goes in for warranty service

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Made my appointment for tomorrow. When I called, I was asked to verify that the antenna was on the car. They said, usually when people call with antenna faults, the antenna turns up missing

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I went last week for service and they verified there was an issue but needed to order a replacement antenna.

Went back today and it is resolved. Easy fix. As best we can tell it was from washing. Lesson learned: Don't spray the antenna with pressurized water, even from a garden hose

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page