Got pulled over n got ticketed.. - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

It's a user tax. If you can't afford the ticket... don't tint your windows or drive without a license plate.

If you can afford the ticket now and then... just pay it and move on.

The people who are "shocked" when they get a tinted window ticket are funny. Like they haven't heard of it before.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brycerichert View Post
It's a user tax. If you can't afford the ticket... don't tint your windows or drive without a license plate.

If you can afford the ticket now and then... just pay it and move on.

The people who are "shocked" when they get a tinted window ticket are funny. Like they haven't heard of it before.

Thats for sure sound just like my Dumba-- little brother thats BS for getting tickets for this. Funny a tint ticket that he got 3 yrs ago stopped him from getting his plates renewed because he didn't pay it.

Funny thing you know you cannot put tint on or have no front plate. But worst part going online about it and crying about.

GT Member

Just be glad you did not get any moving violations. 6 points which is easily any 2 moving violations in 18 months now in NY and you get a $300 surcharge besides any insurance hikes.

I just got a bull crap one 2 weeks after I picked up my car while it still had temp tags..."failure to stay in marked lane" on a potholed narrow turning lane.

Definitely a double standard with cops there's one who parks at my local precinct in the bus stop for his whole shift with a new black Camaro, limo tint, black wheels.

Can't beat the system best to avoid these situations...

Now: 2016 Mustang GT Fastback-Magnetic Metallic, Ford Racing Touring axle-backs, Ford Racing front strut and k-brace, K&N CAI, sound tube delete, 1975 Corvette Coupe-L48, 4-speed

Past Lives: 2001 Corvette Z51 Coupe, 2012 Mustang Grabber Blue Coupe, 2008 Mustang Torch Red Vert, 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, 1985 Nissan 300ZX, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1971 Datsun 240Z, 1972 Fiat 124 Vert, 1971 Chevelle, 1970 Challenger

GT Member

Garage
Heh, my thoughts exactly! You said it more eloquently than I could, Fergy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
Simple solution, you tint your windows so dark a cop can't see in, the cop should be allowed to empty a clip into the car. Problem solved and he doesn't have to worry about going home to see his family, only the idiot that can't follow the law needs to worry.

Seriously, why do people feel the need to break the law INTENTIONALLY and blame the cop.

2013 Deep Impact Blue GT Premium Convertible, clutch delete, comfort/electronics/security packages, remote start, rearview camera, Shaker Pro

Never do anything you don't want to have to explain to the paramedics.

This sentence contains exactly threee erors.
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonCray View Post
Heh, my thoughts exactly! You said it more eloquently than I could, Fergy.
This is twice you and I were of the same mindset on something in the same month. I think that's a record.
PONY Member

Don't give cops probable cause. No front plate, Winner! (probably only noticed the tint after the stop) Maybe it'll lead to a cloud of 420 pouring from the car as the window goes down. To them, it's a fishing expedition, don't give them extra bait. One of the reasons I run stock exhaust on my bikes....I want them to be quiet so I can't be heard 2 miles away as I enjoy some corner carving.

2011 Kona Blue/Charcoal GT, 400A Premium,6sp MT, HID's, Security Package, Comfort Package, 3.73's, Koni SRT/SteedaSports+Panhard, GT500 Mufflers
'06 Mazda Tribute,'05 Honda ST1300
'03 Yamaha FZ1000 '98 '00 '02 '04 Ford Expedition
'93 Buick Regal '90 Ford Explorer '87 F-250HD Diesel
'85 Yamaha FJ1100 '83 Honda NightHawk 650
'80 Olds Cutlass '70 Ford LTD
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cidsamuth View Post
One ticket -- fine and point made. But, to give him a separate ticket for each window was just him being a troll.
Hmmm i didnt see that part. Could have been that the fact the officer was an ass, or simply reacted to the drivers attitude. Whos knows but the officer on duty and the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal302 View Post
I also think the argument that the tint could hide someone if they want to harm police is an odd argument. If police are worried about getting harmed by a driver with tinted windows, then why are they going out of their way to come in with direct contact with as many of them as possible by pulling them over? Seems even more dangerous
Well first of all, most officers care about their community so its only right they try to protect it. Regardless, its there duty and job to get dangerous people off the streets so by not pulling over dangerous people, they arent doing their jobs.

Also its easy for a civi to sit back and say they dont understand an officers safety b/c you never have to risk your life every night walking up to a vehicle you cant see into. Not to mention very dark tint falls into the same category as red/blue leds on vehicles, glaring aftermarket illegal hids, strobes, etc - all mods that many people do make their cars "cool" but in the end, could or are a safety hazard on the road.
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Kurtz View Post
Hmmm i didnt see that part. Could have been that the fact the officer was an ass, or simply reacted to the drivers attitude. Whos knows but the officer on duty and the OP.
Agreed. (15 characters)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen View Post
My guess is,a lot of cops pull you over for these "little" things becuase it bugs them. They know that YOU know damn well your not supposed to have that tint or that your supposed to have a front license plate. They know you KNOWINGLY decided to have that tint installed or that you decided to just blow it off and not put a front plate on. If I were a cop,Id give you a ticket too,becuase from my point of view I would not see someone who "wasnt hurting anyone". I would see someone who was arrogant enough to think that they were special and the rules didnt apply to them. I would do my job. I would demonstrate to them that yes,the rules DO in fact apply to them.
This is SO true and well put. If you're going to flaunt your defiance of the law then be prepared to pay the price and not whine about it.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbroadway View Post
My state regulation is a maximum of 35% on drivers and passenger windows. 20% on rear and rear side windows. it seems strange to me that I can't legally have a 20% tint on my driver and passenger window on my Mustang, but I can buy a brand new F150 with a 20% factory tint on those windows and it's perfectly legal. Is it because criminals don't drive pick ups? Is it because cops aren't nervous about walking up to a pick up truck when they stop one? Come on. Why can the factory make and sell a 20% tint and a buyer can drive it with no issues, but if I get a 20% tint on my car, it's illegal?

Sumarrily, it's BS. Plain and simple.
F150s don't have 20% tint on the front side windows from the factory... just the rear. So your whole premise is BS, plain and simple.

2011 Pony Pkg. convertible M6
2000 Trans Am WS7 (sold)
GT Member

I love it when people get busted for speeding, having to dark of tint, tint headlights/tail lights, windshields, license plates and run no cats then ***** about getting a ticket for it... Yes I have been pulled over because the police officer thought my tint was to dark… but it wasn’t… For whatever reason you failed to check local driving laws, well you now know the result…
Take responsibility for tinting whatever and it did not meet local laws, make corrections to meet local laws, pay the ticket and move on….

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Back when I used to drive 4 bangers cause I couldn't afford a V8 I got pulled over and ticketed several times for piddely BS. Every time I would pass a roosting cop they would stare menacingly. Now that I have a V8 muscle car they still stare. And wave. And give a thumbs up. I am still breaking dumb laws (i like to think of it as civil disobedience) but no tickets

Maybe Mustangs just aren't this cops taste. Perhaps a Prius. Maybe a Doughnut delivery van.

2012 Kona 5.0 w/3.73's
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Don't worry to much about that ticket.... I'm sure a real crime was being committed somewhere while that cop's attention was diverted to your window tint.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetsofNY View Post
that would actually piss me off even more.
LoL. You reminded me of the time I got pulled over for expired plates. They weren't actually expired; I just hadn't put the new sticker on.

As I came to a stop, I heard gun shots. When the cop walked up I told him and he said I could get in a lot of trouble making a false report to get out of a ticket. So he wrote up the ticket. As he was handing it to me, the call came over his radio about an armed robbery with gun shots at our location. The @$$hole took off with my DL and I had to track it down at the station!

2016 Oxford White GT Premium, Performance Package w/silver wheels, 401A, Premier Redline trim, Adaptive Cruise, NAV, Reverse sensing
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlckEvrythin View Post
The whole tint illegality IMO is bullcrap. It doesnt hurt anyone, I can understand for police safety but lets be honest if someone wants to do harm to police, tinted windows will not make a difference. Also why ban it from everyone and not just criminals or people with records, I got ticketed for mine the other day and they are 20%, which I know is illegal but with a black car the look is worth it. I told the officer I have no plans on taking them off, and I paid the ticket, now I just keep my eyes open and drop my windows when cops are near .
Actually, it's going to make a difference. Do you have any experience with felony vehicle stops or running tactical vehicle checkpoints in a hostile environment? Being able to see into the interior of the car makes a huge difference.

And you ask, "why not just ban it for criminals?" Because, criminals, by definition, are individuals who do not follow the law. To write law banning tints for criminals is just about as effective as passing more restrictive gun control laws and hoping that they abide by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergyflyer View Post
Simple solution, you tint your windows so dark a cop can't see in, the cop should be allowed to empty a clip into the car. Problem solved and he doesn't have to worry about going home to see his family, only the idiot that can't follow the law needs to worry.

Seriously, why do people feel the need to break the law INTENTIONALLY and blame the cop.
+1. If you were "in theatre" and a vehicle approached a TCP with obscured windows, the vehicle and its occupants were more likely to get a dose of a couple belt-fed crew served weapons. If that happens, the occupants inside the vehicles are pretty unrecognizable. Those who have illegal tints on their cars should just be happy that Darwin doesn't enforce the laws of natural selection in the United States as well as he does elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal302 View Post
I also think the argument that the tint could hide someone if they want to harm police is an odd argument. If police are worried about getting harmed by a driver with tinted windows, then why are they going out of their way to come in with direct contact with as many of them as possible by pulling them over? Seems even more dangerous
Generally, to not apprehend suspects because they may be dangerous isn't an official policy of law enforcement organizations.

Yet, the funny thing is that most people complain about police officers enforcing traffic code instead of "doing real police work" such as preventing violent crime. According to your logic, police officers should continue to write tickets instead of pursue rapists, violent offenders, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page