Corvette vs Deer - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Rookie

That looked like the deers driver's side rear haunch busting through the windshield. Bet next time he'll have that helmet visor down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick F View Post
My friend hit a dear. He had to put it down. It was on the ground squirming and he shot it in the head. Said it was one of the hardest things hes done.
I hit a deer once and had to finish the job with my 9mm. Wife and 16yo boy watched. I found it merciful and easy to do, fracking deer dented my ride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32V Stang View Post
Will insurance cover that because you are on a race track?
Insurance will cover most racing as long as its you against yourself (think track days or HPDE) or against the clock (think drag strip or AC). What you have too worry about is you against another driver (think 1st, 2nd, 3rd place races). You have to look at the language of your policy, most exclude 'organized speed contests', a contest being loosely defined as you vs. someone else. If you think about it most speed events don't rank you 1st, 2nd etc, but rather recognize fastest lap or best ET. Even drag racing down main street is covered because that's generally not organized but rather spontaneous. YMMV. So call your agent and ask if racing is covered. If he/she tells you 'no', find another agent. What they should say is 'it depends on what type of racing'.

2013 GT Premium- Sterling Gray, Charcoal Blk w/Cashmere, Nav, 3:55 rear, Comfort Pack, Brembo Pack, Glass Roof, Rear Camera, 1/4 Louvers and Side Scoops, FRPP P-springs, V1

Last edited by sed6; 06-19-2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: Cnat spele
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Most policies now have exclusions included that state "no activities on a course no matter what you are doing"... terms such as that, but wording is more specific.

Safeco, Allstate, etc. have specific exclusions to this effect.

The only sure way of covering yourself is an stated value for trackday coverage. It's a couple hundred bucks per day (goes up in 10K$ increments of about $80 per block. I pay +/- $290 in insurance per lapping day.

Don't believe whatever your agent tells you.... only believe what you actually read, i.e., order and read the entire insurance policy... the fine print.

In the "old days" they said "no timed events"... however, recently, since about 2006, it's no events at all on a prepped surface.

If you can find one who doesn't specifically deny that type of fun, all the more power to ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sed6 View Post
That looked like the deers driver's side rear haunch busting through the windshield. Bet next time he'll have that helmet visor down!

I hit a deer once and had to finish the job with my 9mm. Wife and 16yo boy watched. I found it merciful and easy to do, fracking deer dented my ride!

Insurance will cover most racing as long as its you against yourself (think track days or HPDE) or against the clock (think drag strip or AC). What you have too worry about is you against another driver (think 1st, 2nd, 3rd place races). You have to look at the language of your policy, most exclude 'organized speed contests', a contest being loosely defined as you vs. someone else. If you think about it most speed events don't rank you 1st, 2nd etc, but rather recognize fastest lap or best ET. Even drag racing down main street is covered because that's generally not organized but rather spontaneous. YMMV. So call your agent and ask if racing is covered. If he/she tells you 'no', find another agent. What they should say is 'it depends on what type of racing'.

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Good advice Bryce, TY... I've never taken my car to a track/strip, but I have had an encounter with a deer. It was a "fresh kill" laying down on the highway in the slow lane at 930 at night, I was in the slow lane, and there was a car passing me in the fast lane, by the time I saw the deer there was nothing I could do. I hit the deer and my car bounced... fortunately there was no damage to car, just pieces of deer flesh/hair stuck to the undercarriage, the worst part was after a couple days of "rotting", I couldn't park my car in the garage due to the smell....

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

I've hit two deers. One when I only had 150 miles on my new 2011 GT & the other a few years back with a conversion van. Both came out of nowhere, no time to react. Deers are dumb.
GT Member

Rotting meat in a car would be sick... I heard of someone who had it inside their air system and it never came out... couldn't sell the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adspru View Post
Good advice Bryce, TY... I've never taken my car to a track/strip, but I have had an encounter with a deer. It was a "fresh kill" laying down on the highway in the slow lane at 930 at night, I was in the slow lane, and there was a car passing me in the fast lane, by the time I saw the deer there was nothing I could do. I hit the deer and my car bounced... fortunately there was no damage to car, just pieces of deer flesh/hair stuck to the undercarriage, the worst part was after a couple days of "rotting", I couldn't park my car in the garage due to the smell....

Bryce
---------
Track Rat #1 - VF supercharged e46 bimmer
Track Rat #2 - Kona 5.0 Premium | 3.73 MT82 | 400A | glass roof | saddle int. | Brembo Pkg | Com. & Sec. Pkg | camera | HID | Nav | no stripes | MM camberplates | Bilstein springs & Eibach dampers | Stock 368 RWHP @ 6700 / 354 TQ @ 4375 - Build Date 6-17-10
Sunny Day: Kawasaki 1600 with hypercharger and tune.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page