Longest You've Driven Without Sleep - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
HBO
Apprentice

New Bern, NC to Burlington, CO. I don't know how many hours but it was well over 1600 miles. I fell asleep with the cruise on, when I woke up I got off at the next exit into a parking lot and went to sleep. My wife and two kids were in the truck and I could've killed all of us. Ever since, I limit my driving times. I never told them about it either.

2012 GT, Candy Red/Saddle,Premium,6M,3.73,Brembo,HID,RR Sensors,Steeda Sport Springs and Dampers,Adj. Panhard,GT500 Axlebacks

Fastlane Motorsports

---Ted Nugent for President---
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlckEvrythin View Post
28 hrs snowplowing a few years back in PA, even with 30 min breaks or so outside the pickup and two 5 hour energy, I was dozing off on the way home, very scary with snow on the roads!! I also found out that one 5 hour energy does not have a crash, but more than one look out!!!
Ditto. I was "good" for about 24 hours plowing. One 5 hour energy after about 20 hours in the truck would get me through the whole day. If I took a second one, all it would do is put me on edge and in a bad mood...

Plowing was fun, but the 2-day re-coup after a 24 hour shift was NOT fun.

I miss plowing snow... Power sliding in 4wd rocks

Actual driving I have done about 1400 miles/26 hours with stops. THAT SUCKED!

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerdown View Post
I've driven... once from Tucson, AZ to Biloxi, MS without any stops for sleep..
That is a long, long haul. Texas never seems to end. I've driven that route a few times: loved the Bucee's between San Antonio and Houston.

2012 GT. Black. 300A, 55D.

MACH I Member
S197 Member

~ 20 hours(Naples FL-->Evansville IN, It takes forever to drive to the southern tip of FL) I was DONE for when I got home... Full Disclosure, I had my wife and 2 boys with me to assist in wakefullness, My wife also drove for about an hour, although I couldn't sleep while she was driving, We were also in her vehicle which has a much smoother ride than the stang... about 15 hours in(~Chatanooga TN), I could feel my eyes starting to get itchy, and heavy, wife drove from Nashville to Fort Campbell KY as I was worried about falling asleep..... Drive Careful...

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

PONY Member

I drove 6 hours to VA for my sister in laws wedding, stayed 6 hours and then drove home 6 hours. it sucked. I had the hair nation on Sirius radio to keep me awake. My wife slept the entire car ride.

BBK CAI, Pacesetter Long Tube Headers,SLP Hi-Flow Cats, Pypes X pipe and Violators, Shaftmaster's 3.5" DS, 4.10's w/ T-Lok, 93 R tune by BAMA, Diablosport Trinity Tuner, PATC 3000 RPM Stall Converter, Zex Nitrous 100 shot
Rookie

Over 14 hours driving from Tampa to Houston. With the time change it is not too bad but going against the time change makes a difference. I've done this a few times but I'm never afraid to stop with fill ups and rest my eyes for 30 minutes if need be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page