Official I'm disapointed with my mod thread.... - Page 4 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Usually I like the F14 but I have to admit they do look weird here, and I'm not sure why... The narrow spokes maybe? To me some wheels look weird in 20", but I've seen a friend's 2011 Mustang with these on and it looked great.

Might be the spokes tho, I know one of the reasons I changed my mind from the RTR wheels to the SVE is the spokes shape, they're larger on the SVE and I think it looks better on the Mustang who is a muscle car, they look more "muscular", if that makes any senses lol, but that's how I feel about it. Narrow spokes makes it look like it's on heels or something...

You should not have many problems to sell these F14 tho...

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice

20" is just too big I think. Rotor looks small, car looks raised. I think an 18" or 19" version would look great.

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
post #48 of 50 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I've got steeda ultralite spings and koni sports coming from Sam Strano to be installed with fays2 watts....once I drop her down my opinion might change......just changing the wheels and tires (nitto invo) had a big positive impact on handling though.....that...I'm liking a lot......the jury is out on the final verdict.....but right now not too happy with the f14s........Ryan I think you may be right.....I just took off a set of 19" track pack wheels that I thought looked great on the car (black brembo style wheels).....

2012 Black GT/CS; steeda ultra lights; koni yellows; max motorsports caster camber plates; fays2 watts link; f14 forgestars 20x9/20x11; nitto invo; borla axle backs; other stuff.....

Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
I've got steeda ultralite spings and koni sports coming from Sam Strano to be installed with fays2 watts....once I drop her down my opinion might change......just changing the wheels and tires (nitto invo) had a big positive impact on handling though.....that...I'm liking a lot......the jury is out on the final verdict.....but right now not too happy with the f14s........Ryan I think you may be right.....I just took off a set of 19" track pack wheels that I thought looked great on the car (black brembo style wheels).....
Definitely wait until you drop it...those wheels might tuck up under there nice and be just what you want.

2011 GT Premium | Grabber Blue | Roush Phase 2 Supercharger Kit with Tuning by VMP
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorbanjo View Post
Not too happy with the look of the f14s on my car (20x9 and 20x11 stagger)...might sell and go with vossens.....

I have 19" staggered F14's in gloss black and love them. I'm not a fan of matte black wheels as black already blends in with the tires and matte makes them blend in even more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page