Anyone who uses Wolfgang 3.0 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Anyone who uses Wolfgang 3.0

Hey guys I ordered wolfgangs paint prep and sealer and it came yesterday. So I pulled the car out this morning and gave it a good wash. I was going to clay bar as well to get the most shine but my back is killing me lately and the paint is still in good shape since last time I bar-ed it. The question is I read online to get the paint sealant sit and "cure" for 40-45 mins before wiping off. Is this accurate? The bottle said to put on and wipe off. What do you guys do?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012
GT Member

Apply it on the entire car, wait 45 minutes then buff it off. It's great stuff but unlike most sealants it does somewhat stain black plastics so treat it like a traditional carnuba wax when you apply.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
Apply it on the entire car, wait 45 minutes then buff it off. It's great stuff but unlike most sealants it does somewhat stain black plastics so treat it like a traditional carnuba wax when you apply.
Thanks for the info. Since I had about a thousand coats of wax on the car I'm using their paint prep to make sure the wax is off so it's taking a little more time. I just got done with the hood and wow is this stuff easy to put on and take off. Can't wait to see it when I pull the car out.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Update:
I want to know where this stuff has been my entire life. One little dot can cover half the hood this stuff spreads so well. And taking off is stupid easy. And the shine and clarity of the hood is absolutely amazing.

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisHeinold View Post
Thanks for the info. Since I had about a thousand coats of wax on the car I'm using their paint prep to make sure the wax is off so it's taking a little more time. I just got done with the hood and wow is this stuff easy to put on and take off. Can't wait to see it when I pull the car out.

If you had that much wax on the car then you should clay too. Oh well, the paint prep should do a decent job. Another thing that you should know is that the Wolfgang's 3.0 sealant needs to cure (after you buff it off) for about 12 hours in a clean dry area for best results; before putting on a second coat or before waxing etc. I love the stuff and have used it for several years. It's a great sealant!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
If you had that much wax on the car then you should clay too. Oh well, the paint prep should do a decent job. Another thing that you should know is that the Wolfgang's 3.0 sealant needs to cure (after you buff it off) for about 12 hours in a clean dry area for best results; before putting on a second coat or before waxing etc. I love the stuff and have used it for several years. It's a great sealant!
Well honestly it shouldn't have had THAT much wax but my car stays outside most of the time so I try to make sure it's always coated. I washed it a few times this week knowing the wolfgang was on the way. My last coat is drying right now and have about 5 more mins. So you should wait the 12 hours before putting another coat on? That's kind of a pain. But it honestly probably shouldn't need it.

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012
PONY Member
4.6L Member
S197 Member

I just decided to try Wolfgang after years of being a loyal Poorboy's user. I detailed the wife's GT/CS this week. Clayed it, hit it with my PC & Wolfgang finishing glaze 3.0 (which is supposed to be a polish/glaze, all in 1), then a coat of their Deep Gloss Sealant 3.0, & topped it off with a coat of their Fuzion wax. Pretty impressed so far. Very wet & glossy looking. Easy to apply/remove. I'll get some pics up here soon. I'm not sure whether or not I like it better than Poorboy's. I need to do a few more cars with it. Good stuff either way.

US Navy (Retired)

2009 GT500 - Black, stripe delete, HID's, Shaker 1K, GT500 PTP. Brenspeed Stage 2 power package (JLT CAI, Metco 2.6" pulley, NGK plugs, tune), Barton shifter, FRPP lowering springs, 2010 GT500 wheels & tires.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah as far as I can see right now it's giving same shine as my carnauba wax but a better clarity. And since it's so easy to put on and take off I'm sold

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012
MACH I Member

The thing I like the most about it is it lasts for a long while. If your car is a DD and not garaged then it should last a good 3 months or more. Mine is garaged (if you call a tiny little closet a garage lol) and I can get at least 4 months of protection depending on the weather naturally. It's also very easy to keep clean with a good sealant. I do notice a little bit of static that attracts dust, but normally if it's cured correctly it's minimal.

I've also used Chemical Guys Black Light coupled with V07 and I also like those products as well. I don't get the protection for as long however. I do like the wet look though. Anything that's easy on - easy off is my kind of stuff.

You guys need to post some pictures!

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

I just snapped some. Car is still in the garage so now as shiny as it would be outside but the biggest thing I've seen so far is my paint looks "cleaner". I'm going to jump on my computer and load them up

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Also thinking about slapping some of this on my RTR's

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Here are some shots. Had troubles keeping the bottles on the roof....kept sliding off
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1 copy.JPG
Views:	233
Size:	476.4 KB
ID:	158361   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	352.4 KB
ID:	158362   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2 copy.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	457.3 KB
ID:	158363   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	219
Size:	388.4 KB
ID:	158364   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 3.JPG
Views:	325
Size:	493.5 KB
ID:	158365  

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 4.JPG
Views:	154
Size:	439.2 KB
ID:	158366  
Banned
V6 Member
S197 Member

I love my Wolfgang products. The shine is great and it lasts forever. Even after going through winter my car still looks amazing
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Yeah i can't wait to see what she looks like out in the sun tomorrow
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I used it before it is good stuff. I like Wet Diamond a little better. The WG Fuzion I like alot also. All WG stuff is good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page