Fake gas cap insert - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012
Californicajun

Fake gas cap insert

Has anyone seen or bought this one. I kinda like it, especially if I black it out maybe.

Billet V8 Trunk Badge Emblem for 2010 2011 2012 Mustang - PFYC.com

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
SHELBY GT 350 Member
V6 Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I've seen it at the Sema Show last year in Las Vegas, look here for the red Mustang: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-2011-a-2.html

2011 Ford Mustang V8 5.0 GT/CS Black Coupe MT - (Mods in my profile, too many to list here...)
"Don't wait for tomorrow to look back and wish for today": In Memory of a great guy: Pcfrisch.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Did i see the price correctly? $152.... I think my eyes aree drunk.. Let me check again..

2014 GT500 DIB, SVT PKG, leather Recaros, Factory Nav, UPR shorty antenna, Redline hood struts

---Sold---2011 Mustang GT Premium, Kona Blue, Automatic, comfort package, electronics package, security package, backup cam, HID's , 19" Black GT500 Wheels, Steeda CAI ,Borla over axle pipes and S-type A/B, black UPR shorty antenna, JBA Longtubes JBA Catted X-Pipe,, Dyno tuned by Brenspeed...

An Armed Society is a Polite Society..

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

I do like the look of it, but not for $150+ ...

-2011 GT , 6AT, ROUSH TVS 2300 Phase 3 Supercharger w/ CAI, 82mm Pully, 3.73 FRPP Gears, Bassani Longtubes, Bassani HiFlo Cats., Bassani Cat-Back Xhaust, Eibach Pro Suspension, J&M Panhard bar, BMR LCAs, BRENSPEED Tuned...(More in profile)
-1965 Fastback "A-Code" 2+2 , 289 4bbl Edlebrock Performance, Ravin Exhaust..
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

As Mr. Horse would say, "No Sir. I don't like it, I don't like it all."

Just kidding, it's not horrible, but to me it's got the same flaw as the GT badge on the 2011-2012s, it's out of context as it doesn't appear anywhere else on the car.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I'd like a badge of my avatar: Felix bringing' da bomb.

2012 GT. Black. 300A, 55D.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynegiddings View Post
Did i see the price correctly? $152.... I think my eyes aree drunk.. Let me check again..
jesus that is expensive for something like that

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Too busy.
Too Harley.
Too expensive.

2012 Kona 5.0 w/3.73's
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012
Apprentice

Who is that person on the forums with a custom Wile E Coyote badge on their gas cap? I'm wondering where I can purchase something custom like that besides billetbadges.com. FYI, I'm testing the waters with billetbadges and autobadges.com. I want a flaming eye design and billetbadges is right around the $200 mark. Still waiting on a response from autobadges. These things dont come cheap. I'm wondering what other options are out there. This is assuming that the OP is fine with my half a thread jack. :yelpleased:
Californicajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzaba View Post
Who is that person on the forums with a custom Wile E Coyote badge on their gas cap? I'm wondering where I can purchase something custom like that besides billetbadges.com. FYI, I'm testing the waters with billetbadges and autobadges.com. I want a flaming eye design and billetbadges is right around the $200 mark. Still waiting on a response from autobadges. These things dont come cheap. I'm wondering what other options are out there. This is assuming that the OP is fine with my half a thread jack. :yelpleased:
LOL, I couldn't care less fzaba, "jack away". Thanks for the input so far guys. I am wanting something different, yet not tacky and I ran across this one.
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I think it looks like ass. I like the idea of the billet treatment, but there's too much going on and it looks cobbled together. An "8" embossed with a "V" embossed with "5.0". They didn't even use use one of the classic Ford "V8" logos like this...

Booo. The designer in me says that this random design is random.

NoVA just means Northern Virginia
VMP Tuned Roush 79mm Pulley ID1000 injectors & JLT Intake GT500 Axlebacks UMI Panhard Bar, LCAs, & UCAs
Steeda Ultralite Springs Koni STR.Ts 19x11 Gloss Gunmetal Forgestar CF10s 2012 GT Premium 401A Black&Brick
Californicajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVA_Mike View Post
I think it looks like ass. I like the idea of the billet treatment, but there's too much going on and it looks cobbled together. An "8" embossed with a "V" embossed with "5.0". They didn't even use use one of the classic Ford "V8" logos like this...

Booo. The designer in me says that this random design is random.
If they had this V8 design in a billet insert, that would be much nicer.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

For about $170.00 you can get a 1 off custom one from Billit Badges. That's my plan in the future. For now, i have a red punisher skull on mine, just waiting for a new gas cap assembly, ruined mine painting and re-painting and sanding!

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page