Ford Mustang Forum banner

2010+ GT500 Hood on a 2013 V6 Mustang

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MU5TANG3.7 
#1 ·
Since the 2013s have nearly the same front I would assume that any 2010+ GT500 hood should bolt right on?

I ordered all black so I'm looking to do the dual flat black stripes on it, I just think the car looks way better with the GT500 hood and I want to give it some of that look.

#2 ·
Be careful though, because the hood needs the grill the mount up correctly. And that grill is connected to the front bumper.. so ideally you need a 2013 front bumper or a 2010+ gt500 front bumper to match up. Even then I'm not sure if those will align 100%

Fords fitment tolerances haven't always been.. the greatest.

#3 · (Edited)
I imagine the OP has a 2013, as that was the original question... And you are correct about the front bumper, but I do not see where the hood is related to the grille in any way?...

Either way, I was wondering this same thing myself! If you search for 2010+ GT500 aftermarket hoods, some of them list the 2013+ V6/GT as a direct fit in addition to the Shelby's. Either way, I pulled the trigger on a used GT500 hood myself, that I'm planning to install on my 2014 V6. I took delivery of it yesterday, and everything measures up, even has the windshield washer nozzle cut outs in the exact same position. I will fit it here this weekend just to make sure, and confirm or deny the compatibility!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.