Any 2011+ v6ers in Phoenix area have gears? - Ford Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
Skeeter97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Glendale
Posts: 122
 
Any 2011+ v6ers in Phoenix area have gears?

Anyone in Phoenix area have a 6mt and 3.55 or 3.73 gears? I'm kicking around the idea of getting some for my stang and would love to be able to ride in one first before pulling the trigger. I'll definitely make it worth you time with your choice of gas money or a case of beer . Hit me up if you don't mind sparing 10min.. Thanks guys

Skeeter97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012
PONY Member
 
Storm75's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2011
Location: SW OH
Posts: 432
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
Anyone in Phoenix area have a 6mt and 3.55 or 3.73 gears? I'm kicking around the idea of getting some for my stang and would love to be able to ride in one first before pulling the trigger. I'll definitely make it worth you time with your choice of gas money or a case of beer . Hit me up if you don't mind sparing 10min.. Thanks guys
Wish we were closer, I would let ya test mine for free! BTW, just returned from a 1875 mile ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains and it was a real test of my newly installed 3.73 gears and my new MGW shifter. The new gearing made the trip really nice - one of the best mods you can do to a V-6 Mustang!

Storm75 is offline  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
Skeeter97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Glendale
Posts: 122
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm75 View Post
Wish we were closer, I would let ya test mine for free! BTW, just returned from a 1875 mile ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains and it was a real test of my newly installed 3.73 gears and my new MGW shifter. The new gearing made the trip really nice - one of the best mods you can do to a V-6 Mustang!
Hmm, Michigan? I'm not opposed to a road trip . I just should stop being a little nancy and buy the damn things! Only problem is I haven't seen them on Shelby overstocks for quite some time now

Ok.......TWO cases of beer!!

Last edited by Snackmaster; 06-28-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts
Skeeter97 is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012
PONY Member
 
IbleedBlue's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: Windy City
Posts: 572
 
V6 Cannonballer is near you somewhere, PM him. While I'm not close, I can tell you that it will be the single best mod you do to your car. Whichever gear you chose.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7, M6, 101A, security package, built 5/3/11.
Mods: The list is long, like WRXified's winky used to be.

Other junk: 1994 Z28 conv LT1 A4 - 1965 Custom 2dr 390 M4 - 1962 Galaxie 4dr 427 A3 - 1979 Firebird Formula EV (work in progress) - 1967 Austin Healy Sprite (basket case)
IbleedBlue is offline  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
Skeeter97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Glendale
Posts: 122
 
I went ahead and just pulled the trigger, have an appointment Thursday morning to have 3.73s installed. Can't wait!! Got my bama tune today and honestly don't feel a difference from stock running 91s or 91r, but I'd imagine with the gears it'll be a whole new car
Skeeter97 is offline  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member
 
Rickyv90's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: South
Posts: 333
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
I went ahead and just pulled the trigger, have an appointment Thursday morning to have 3.73s installed. Can't wait!! Got my bama tune today and honestly don't feel a difference from stock running 91s or 91r, but I'd imagine with the gears it'll be a whole new car
If you were on 87 octane before getting the tuner you need to get premium, go through a tank, and then switch to the 91.

Black 2011 V6
Rickyv90 is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
 
Skeeter97's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Glendale
Posts: 122
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyv90 View Post
If you were on 87 octane before getting the tuner you need to get premium, go through a tank, and then switch to the 91.
I've been running 91 since day one so no problems there. Sure wish I could find 93 around here . Don't get me wrong, I don't "hate" the tune, I just think the reviews on AM made it sound like the holy grail of mods and I may have been expecting too much... Not too mention it was 115 degrees today which didn't help. Gears go in tomorrow and AM already emailed me updated tunes, should be MUCH better
Skeeter97 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome
 


Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1