Any 2011+ v6ers in Phoenix area have gears? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-24-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Any 2011+ v6ers in Phoenix area have gears?

Anyone in Phoenix area have a 6mt and 3.55 or 3.73 gears? I'm kicking around the idea of getting some for my stang and would love to be able to ride in one first before pulling the trigger. I'll definitely make it worth you time with your choice of gas money or a case of beer . Hit me up if you don't mind sparing 10min.. Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
Anyone in Phoenix area have a 6mt and 3.55 or 3.73 gears? I'm kicking around the idea of getting some for my stang and would love to be able to ride in one first before pulling the trigger. I'll definitely make it worth you time with your choice of gas money or a case of beer . Hit me up if you don't mind sparing 10min.. Thanks guys
Wish we were closer, I would let ya test mine for free! BTW, just returned from a 1875 mile ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains and it was a real test of my newly installed 3.73 gears and my new MGW shifter. The new gearing made the trip really nice - one of the best mods you can do to a V-6 Mustang!

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm75 View Post
Wish we were closer, I would let ya test mine for free! BTW, just returned from a 1875 mile ride through the Blue Ridge Mountains and it was a real test of my newly installed 3.73 gears and my new MGW shifter. The new gearing made the trip really nice - one of the best mods you can do to a V-6 Mustang!
Hmm, Michigan? I'm not opposed to a road trip . I just should stop being a little nancy and buy the damn things! Only problem is I haven't seen them on Shelby overstocks for quite some time now

Ok.......TWO cases of beer!!

Last edited by Snackmaster; 06-28-2012 at 03:29 PM. Reason: merged back to back posts

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-26-2012
PONY Member

V6 Cannonballer is near you somewhere, PM him. While I'm not close, I can tell you that it will be the single best mod you do to your car. Whichever gear you chose.

2012 Kona Blue 3.7, M6, 101A, security package, built 5/3/11.
Mods: The list is long, like WRXified's winky used to be.

Other junk: 1994 Z28 conv LT1 A4 - 1965 Custom 2dr 390 M4 - 1962 Galaxie 4dr 427 A3 - 1979 Firebird Formula EV (work in progress) - 1967 Austin Healy Sprite (basket case)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

I went ahead and just pulled the trigger, have an appointment Thursday morning to have 3.73s installed. Can't wait!! Got my bama tune today and honestly don't feel a difference from stock running 91s or 91r, but I'd imagine with the gears it'll be a whole new car
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-27-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter97 View Post
I went ahead and just pulled the trigger, have an appointment Thursday morning to have 3.73s installed. Can't wait!! Got my bama tune today and honestly don't feel a difference from stock running 91s or 91r, but I'd imagine with the gears it'll be a whole new car
If you were on 87 octane before getting the tuner you need to get premium, go through a tank, and then switch to the 91.

Black 2011 V6
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyv90 View Post
If you were on 87 octane before getting the tuner you need to get premium, go through a tank, and then switch to the 91.
I've been running 91 since day one so no problems there. Sure wish I could find 93 around here . Don't get me wrong, I don't "hate" the tune, I just think the reviews on AM made it sound like the holy grail of mods and I may have been expecting too much... Not too mention it was 115 degrees today which didn't help. Gears go in tomorrow and AM already emailed me updated tunes, should be MUCH better
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page