I hate paypal!!! - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr View Post
The question is, after all these years of using my paypal account with no issues why do they need any further verification than what they required to initially open and use my account???
Sorry bud, but you either knew the spending limit required when you opened the paypal account, or you didn't read the fine print. You agreed to the terms or you wouldn't have the account.

I understand the frustration, but it is what it is.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

PayPal isn't really PayPal anymore, it's eBay, so that helps explain why it's not as easy to use as it used to be.

But honestly, I am sorta surprised you can use it at all with out a cc or bank account hooked up these days.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe Performance White 6R80 HID 64M Wheels Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set Ohio's Horses License Plate Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
PONY Member
5.0L Member

Couldn't you load up a pre-paid card and just pay without logging in? I've done that with a debit card not associated with my account. It's been a while though. Maybe things have changed.

2012 base GT, Grabber Blue/6MT/Brembos/3.73
2013 301A GT, Gotta Have It Green/6MT/3.31
1983 GT, Bright Red/5MT/T-Tops/3.08

Apprentice
5.0L Member

Quote:
Okay, you guys don't understand my financial situation and I'm not willing or able to lay it all out. It was in the past but stuff like this hangs onto you for years.

I can open a bank account but the court will seize any money in such an account.

Maybe in 6 or 7 more years I will be clear of this.

As to how I bought my car, you can get a car financed way easier than any other kind of credit you try to get. Especially if you have help.
Lol.... To funny really... You signed up for their conditions right? Sorry about your credit concerns, but maybe it's time for cash only transactions....lol... Good luck friend...

2011 Mustang GT Black 6m, Premium, 3:55 Rear, GT 500 Axle-Backs, Grabber Pony White Shift Ball, FRPP Strut Tower
PONY Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Money order. Many eBayers will accept a postal money order with minimal hassle.

2012 GT. Black. 300A, 55D.
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012 Thread Starter
SHELBY GT 350 Member

It's fixed now, done deal.

PONY Member

Money order is a big no no someone can jack your money easily.

names Alex
2013 premium GT race red, order 3/23/12 ,doa 5/3/12
roush axle backs,pypes x pipe,resonator deletes, jlt oil catch can,20% tint, sr pc blk strut tower bar, painted engine bay and airaid cai, 93R] Bama tune, full roush splitters,cs rear diffuser,stillen gen 1 chin splitter, am black billet hidden fog light grille.Ford p springs, koni Orange struts, shocks, gt500 mounts, eibach sways, umi lca+reloc brak, 19x9.5 sve pc gloss blk wheels, cooper ra3 275/40/19 tires
PONY Member

Not to be rude or anything, but I really don't see what paypal is doing wrong. I've been using paypal for about 6 years and I have yet to have a problem with them. You are making a huge deal about them wanting you to link your bank account? They aren't even saying you need to use that bank account to send the money, just have it "verified". That seems pretty reasonable to me.

I have no clue what in god's name could cause you to be unable "financially" to open a checking account. If the court would "seize" anything you put in a new checking account, it sounds like you have legal problems, not financial problems. I know car company's credit lines are easier than normal to get accepted for, but you were able to get finance for a mustang, but you can't get accepted for paypal's credit card?

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
MACH I Member

Yeah, a couple years ago it turned to crap... Even once you have a checking account linked, it still asks for a credit card to back that up in order to be "accepted" (which is complete BS since I have credit for the money I have in my checking account and they wait 3-5 days for it to clear).

It's become an evil necessity. A necessity to protect your assets, a pain to link to your assets.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

SHELBY GT 350 Member

Quote:
It's fixed now, done deal.

LT hit Lotto!!!!!!!!!

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
PONY Member

If you cant have an account because of outstanding bills sell the car and pay the bills.
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Not me, can't open a bank account due to my financial situation.

If it were that simple for me I would have done it a long time ago.

OOPS... Glad you got it all worked out... although legally, isn't paypal similar to a bank account....

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page