2011 Mustang GT/CS Spring Question - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

2011 Mustang GT/CS Spring Question

I just bought some 20inch wheels and tires fr500 staggered. Found some.good prices on some used springs just dont know which one would be better.

The roush/DUB eibach springs or the H&R race springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

2011 mustang GT/CS
Procharger P1SC stage one, Magna flow street catback, Magna flow O/R x pipe. SCT Programmer. Few other goodies coming soon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

the H&R race springs are gonna be stiff. I have a set but havent installed them (waiting for Konis).

comes down to what youll use the car for and your tolerance level lol

==2012 Kona Blue Mustang V6==
==1995 Neon Coupe==
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

My car is my DD wont be on the track much.

2011 mustang GT/CS
Procharger P1SC stage one, Magna flow street catback, Magna flow O/R x pipe. SCT Programmer. Few other goodies coming soon

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012
MACH I Member

I'm not positive, but the H&R Race drop the GT a bit lower than the Eibach. They look pretty aggressive. I'd agree it depends on what you're planning on doing with the car. A buddy of mine has the H&Rs on his DD--with 20s--and loves them.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
I'm not positive, but the H&R Race drop the GT a bit lower than the Eibach. They look pretty aggressive. I'd agree it depends on what you're planning on doing with the car. A buddy of mine has the H&Rs on his DD--with 20s--and loves them.
He has the race springs? Just the springs?

2011 mustang GT/CS
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by king 5.0 View Post
He has the race springs? Just the springs?

Yep, race springs. Paired with Koni Yellows.

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Chamber bolts is what im asking. Im just wanting to do the springs right now

2011 mustang GT/CS
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Chamber bolts is what im asking. Im just wanting to do the springs right now

LOL. Sorry about that. He's using caster camber plates. I think they're from maximum motorsports.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YerBuddysPony View Post
LOL. Sorry about that. He's using caster camber plates. I think they're from maximum motorsports.
No its cool man lol im just thinking if just the springs will do for now. Lol

2011 mustang GT/CS
GT Member

The DUBS are a great daily driver spring. If you want it pretty low, you might want to look elsewhere but then your ride will be really stiff driving every day, you might not like that either.

2012 black on black GT Premium Auto 6R80 - 400A
20 x 8.5" AR Torq Thrust M - BMR springs & Koni str.t shocks - GT500 mounts - J&M LCAs - CHE reloc brackets - J&M panhard - General GMAX AS3 - GT500 axel backs (no resonators) - GT500 spoiler - MMD tail light trim - Roush side splitters - AM upper/lower billet grill - Bama 93v2R tune - Airade CAI
Rookie

Quote:
No its cool man lol im just thinking if just the springs will do for now. Lol

I could be mistaken, but I've heard most springs require other components in order to fit and work. I've only seen the Roush Extreme that state will work with no other mods.
GT Member

I have the Dub Kit and they work great for DD. Not too stiff at all. The car hugs the turns a lot more and traction seems to have increased quite a bit.

The only other component I purchased was the camber bolts becuase they were only $25 and i wanted the alignment shop to get as close to original spec as possible. You could possibly get away without having the bolts, but I just dont see a reason not to get them since you have to remove the OEM bolt anyway and they are <$25 shipped from AM with the discount code.

Current 2012 Lexus RX350 & 2011 Ford Escape XLT

Previous
2012 Grabber Blue, GT Prem, Sold 8/20/2012

New Build:
2014 Ingot Silver Focus ST ST2 W/ Moonroof and Blue Recaro Inserts: Ordered 05/22/2014
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramontgo View Post
I could be mistaken, but I've heard most springs require other components in order to fit and work. I've only seen the Roush Extreme that state will work with no other mods.
Springs alone will work by themselves, but if you're going to do springs you might as well do shocks/springs etc as well to save yourself the headache of installing everything twice. You'll at a minimum need upper strut mounts because the stock ones basically explode when you take them off lol.

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choate View Post
The DUBS are a great daily driver spring. If you want it pretty low, you might want to look elsewhere but then your ride will be really stiff driving every day, you might not like that either.

20 inch wheels and H&R springs are going to be a ROUGH RIDE!

2011 Race Red 5.0 -6MT 3:73's--Roush RS3 clone. Aluminatored!
SHELBY GT 350 Member

roush dubs have a better ride than the H&R race. I'm running UPR Pro springs which spec out the same as the roush dub springs. I'm also running Koni Yellows. Grip is amazing, ride quality is respectable.

Either way, you'll need an adjustable panhard bar: 2005-2011 Ford Mustang Pro Street Double Adjustable Pan Hard Bar - UPR Products

Like us at Facebook.com/TeamUPR
Follow us on Instagram @uprproducts
Ask me about the discount on UPR Products for AFM members!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page