Trade in ? - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
GT Member

Base or Premium?

Sounds like a nice car!

I always have "new-car-itis", but I just can't justify selling mine with the 15's right around the corner. I have a 2011 GT premium with 373's and only about 10K miles on her. She still looks new. It's just been too good of a car to sell. I plan on having it paid off (or pretty close) when the 15's come out. I figure at that point I may order a new one. I'm hoping for 475-500 HP from the MY15

Fact is, as much as I would like a new car every two years the guy in me that wants to retire someday just can't do it, with that said, I am glad to hear you got a good price for your trade. Not a bad deal at all.

2014 Mustang GT/CS - Coupe
Sterling Gray
Manual Trans
Glass Roof
Navigation
Comfort
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangChris810 View Post
Base or Premium?

Sounds like a nice car!

I always have "new-car-itis", but I just can't justify selling mine with the 15's right around the corner. I have a 2011 GT premium with 373's and only about 10K miles on her. She still looks new. It's just been too good of a car to sell. I plan on having it paid off (or pretty close) when the 15's come out. I figure at that point I may order a new one. I'm hoping for 475-500 HP from the MY15

Fact is, as much as I would like a new car every two years the guy in me that wants to retire someday just can't do it, with that said, I am glad to hear you got a good price for your trade. Not a bad deal at all.
base. ive never really been a fan of leather, so i saved some cash. i wanted nav, but i would have ended up w/ a 40k sticker. if i spent that much, i might as well get the boss, ya know? mine was a great car, too. im not gonna lie, i got kinda teary eyed when they pulled it away, lol. i bought the car for my wife, and she wanted a cs/auto. i got tired of driving an auto, so im making the switch. thanks, man!

2011 PERFORMANCE WHITE GT/CS AUTO - SOLD
Lethal O/R X
Airaid CAI
Bama Tune

2013 GRABBER BLUE BOSS 302 #2316
Full MBRP Exhaust
AED Tune
PONY Member

That "Below Invoice" and rebates and X-Plan jazz, is all the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. <That's all a bunch of dealership double talk to make you think that You are the special customer that is getting his car super cheap, and the dealership is only making $200 on it. Yeah right. I have some ocean front property in Indiana for sale.

The only thing that matters is the bottom line, or what are the payments for how long?

btw, I'm one of those guys that don't make up excuses for borrowing money for something I don't need. I don't owe anyone in this world a penny. Get yourself out of debt and it's amazing how fast the money piles up. Ok, I'll get off the soap box and shut up now.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.

2006GTfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.0ben View Post
Damn only $25K for a C/S? I traded my base model 3.73 2011 GT with 16k miles for $25k (Baltimore MD area)!
25k for a BASE model with 16k on it? That is what hell of a deal. I'd trade in too if they offered that.

Last summer a couple dealers had a bunch of used base model GTs with autos selling in the 26k range with about 10-15000 miles on them.

Last summer when I got my 2012 the dealer gave me 16,500 for my 2006 GT which had 23k on it and about 1200 dollars in body damage as well. I jumped on it and unloaded it. The dealer then listed the car for 19,500. When you factor in the body damage repair on it and listing price, they are not making a ton of money on that car.
post #35 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodgerJerney View Post
That "Below Invoice" and rebates and X-Plan jazz, is all the biggest load of crap I've ever heard. <That's all a bunch of dealership double talk to make you think that You are the special customer that is getting his car super cheap, and the dealership is only making $200 on it. Yeah right. I have some ocean front property in Indiana for sale.

The only thing that matters is the bottom line, or what are the payments for how long?

btw, I'm one of those guys that don't make up excuses for borrowing money for something I don't need. I don't owe anyone in this world a penny. Get yourself out of debt and it's amazing how fast the money piles up. Ok, I'll get off the soap box and shut up now.
Congratulations!

Lethal O/R X
Airaid CAI
Bama Tune

Full MBRP Exhaust
AED Tune
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB3 View Post
It might pay to take that puppy to CarMax for an appraisal. My last vehicle netted me 1900 more than the dealer was going to give me in trade. It really is a clean, no hassle process. They look it over and make you an offer. You have a week or so to close the deal if you want.
This is very good advice. I wasnt a believer in Carmax either. I took my 2008 F-150 Lariat to them after being offered 19k by the dealer last summer. It took all of an hour from the time I got there to the time they wrote me a check. I had a clear title in hand. So they would just write you a check for the difference. I bet they give you 27-27.5 for it. Especially if it is clean and with the mileage you stated. Dealer offered 19k. Carmax gave me 23k. Best 7 miles I ever drove. Only thing that would make Carmax tell you no is if it has previous accident claims attached to the VIN. If no accidents then it is a short and easy process. Find a Carmax....it is worth the trouble. Did I mention it was my own dealer that Im employed at that only offered me 19k? They eat their own in this business. Always have....
PONY Member

I apologize for the rant. I get started, and don't know when to shut up.

Dealers pizz me off. I had my Mustang ordered for 6 weeks. The day before I was to take ownerership, the price jumped $582.

`13 DIB, MCA, Perf Pac, Comf Pac, Back Up Camera, MT82, AE Driveshaft, Bama Tune: 93R, BBK Shortys. Borla Touring Mufflers, Air Raid CAI, AM Shift Knob, WeatherTec mats, Stripes and Tint. "Winter 18" GT Wheels and Tires, powder coated black" Redline Hood Struts, Steeda LCAs. Paid Cash.
GT Member

KBB is pretty much a waste of time on calculating trade in value... Dealers look at what they can give for one at the auto auction and value your car from there(wholesale)... Use the Black Book value and it is a more realistic number to what a dealer will give you for trade... why do you think people call them stealerships?

I don't speak often but when I do, I don't have clue what I am talking about. I just repeat things that I once heard and do not repeat them correctly... My doctor told me it was an ID 10 T problem and it was incurable.
So when I reply to a post or add to a thread I just find the words elsewhere and copy and paste.
Rookie

Congrats Nogi! Post pics as soon as you get it and let us know if the dealer increased the price at pick up.
PONY Member

Good choice on the '13s.

What with the revised engine, LED fogs, and other improvements you're much better off with a 2013 now in the long run.

and new car-itis is really hard to deal with I know.

2011 GT 5.0 Performance White | 6SPD MT82
Borla | Corsa | 3DCarbon
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpmotorsport View Post
Good choice on the '13s.

What with the revised engine, LED fogs, and other improvements you're much better off with a 2013 now in the long run.

and new car-itis is really hard to deal with I know.
yeah, how about that revised engine that makes the exact same dyno numbers as the MY 11/12 and eliminates oil squirters (desirable for many people).

now once they get direct injection....that will be a truly revised engine worth upgrading too IMO

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 Coupe/Brembos/3.73

"I'm also 6'5" and 270 lbs. and could crush a person's bones with my bare hands"
-Jozsefsz

post #42 of 42 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacekPSUr1 View Post
Congrats Nogi! Post pics as soon as you get it and let us know if the dealer increased the price at pick up.
thanks, man. i'll walk from the deal if the dealer tries to pull something like that, lol.

Lethal O/R X
Airaid CAI
Bama Tune

Full MBRP Exhaust
AED Tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page