Another Raxiom Headlight thread - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Another Raxiom Headlight thread

Searched the forum, found positive and negative things about the Raxiom headlights. A guy I personally know told me to not get them.

So here I am, asking while AM has a sale on them. Should I get them? What is the V6 community's opinion on them?

I do have fog lights so that would probably help out the " poor light output" of the raxioms.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I also live in Texas and I'm scared the extra heat would somehow add to the melting of the housing.

2011 Grabber Blue V6 Auto------------------------------------
AirRaid CAI // Rear Pedestal Spoiler // Black Decklid Panel //
GT/CS Front-end Conversion // Matte Black Racing Stripes //
Saleen Grille // RTR 19" Wheels // Boss Rear Diffuser // Eibach PK Lowering Springs // BBK LTH // BBK CXP // 93 Race tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

+1 on this thread. I was planning on getting them too. Do you know when the halos are supposed to be on? Are they on all the time? Are they only when you turn your parking lights on? Are they on with high beams or regular lights?

I have auto lights, so I would never use the parking lights... it would be ideal for the halos to be on whenever the key is in the ignition, don't you think?

Current Mods: 19x8.5 Charcoal AMR Rims, Bama Tune 93H, Airaid CAI, FRPP Sport Axle Backs, FRPP 3.73 gears, Boss/CS/GT500 Rear Diffuser, GT500 Rear Spoiler, GT500 Mud Guards, Raxiom Reverse/License LED Lights, OEM Take off Black Charcoal Leather, GT500 Steering Wheel, Auto Headlights, Chrome 3.7 Badges, Quarter Window Louvers, Dark Matter Tint

Future Mods: Matte black GT500 Stripe, Black Billet Grilles, Stillen Front Chin Spoiler, Roush Side Splitters, Painted Mirror Caps
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
Rookie
V6 Member
S197 Member

Thought about them until I read about the problems, nixed that plan. I put the Starkey fogs on and love them, drive around at dusk with the fogs and amber parking lights on. The stock lights and maybe some better bulbs, when one burns out, are adequate. A lot of the aftermarket product is not as good as claimed to be, it's your Benjamins.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
PONY Member

I was not aware of this sale until I read this thread, glad I did! I've been wanting these headlights for a long time! I plan on putting some DDM Tuning HID lights in them. I'll post up some pics whenever I get all this stuff in!

2012 Grabber Blue Mustang GT MT82 - 401A, Brembos, 3.73s, Reverse Sensors/Security System, GT500 Axle Backs, Raxiom Projectors with 5k HIDs, Eibach Pro-Kit, Koni STR.Ts, Ford Racing Strut Mounts, Eibach Camber Bolts, BFG G-Force Sport Comp 2s 275/35/19

Awaiting Install: JHR Shifter Bracket
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

The only people who have bad things to say about these lights either A. Don't own them. or B. Didn't switch out the bulbs they come with.
The lights are great and you are supposed to tap into the parking light so they turn on any time the parking lights go on.

Black 2011 V6
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
PONY Member

I bought some locally on CL here for $200 and love them!

Don't know about heat issues etc, but the halos wire into your parking lights so you do have to have your parking lights on all the time to use them. I guess, you can tap into your fog light wiring harness so they work with your fogs.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
BOSS Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graBlue View Post
Searched the forum, found positive and negative things about the Raxiom headlights. A guy I personally know told me to not get them.

So here I am, asking while AM has a sale on them. Should I get them? What is the V6 community's opinion on them?

I do have fog lights so that would probably help out the " poor light output" of the raxioms.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I also live in Texas and I'm scared the extra heat would somehow add to the melting of the housing.

graBlue,

Let me touch base on this positive & negative feedback. It sounds to me like your buddy may have just had a bad experience with a set of lights. If he is still having issues, PM me his information & I will do my best to make it right!

We have had great feedback on our Raxiom lights. Our lights are 99% of the time good, in rare occasion something goes wrong. We ship out hundreds of these lights a week, when shipping this quantity there is bound to be one bad egg.

We also stand behind all of our products so if for some odd reason you do run into a small issue we will get you taken care of. These lights come with a 2 Year Warranty!

As far our "pour lighting" goes, Majority of those comments are on our smoked headlights. Obviously the light is not going to shine through as bright, that is why we came out with the additional option for a brighter bulb!

I hope this helps clear up somethings for you. Let me know if you need further assistance!

I think you will be very happy with our Raxiom lights!

- Dan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyv90 View Post
The only people who have bad things to say about these lights either A. Don't own them. or B. Didn't switch out the bulbs they come with.
The lights are great and you are supposed to tap into the parking light so they turn on any time the parking lights go on.
^^ This!

Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266 | M-F 9AM-9PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST | Sat 9AM-5:30PM EST
Free Same-Day Shipping!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyv90 View Post
Yeah, the used one's I bought had the upgraded H9 bulb so no issues with light here.

2012 Boss Laguna Seca #290 and 2015 PP Ecoboost (Daily Driver )
Previous: 2011 GT, 2000 Camaro SS, 93 Lightning
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012
Apprentice
S197 Member

Most of the complaints about them come from people who just through them in and didn't adjust them. They are projector lights and like a projector they need to be focused. Upgrade the bulbs and focus the lamp correctly and you'll be fine, unless you're expecting HID brightness which you won't get unless you install HID's.
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee View Post
Most of the complaints about them come from people who just through them in and didn't adjust them. They are projector lights and like a projector they need to be focused. Upgrade the bulbs and focus the lamp correctly and you'll be fine, unless you're expecting HID brightness which you won't get unless you install HID's.
Yea this is true as well the lights are aimed really low out of the box you have to adjust the projectors to the proper height.

Black 2011 V6
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Thanks for all the responses! I'm really considering ordering them tonight.

AMDan, You mentioned that you offer a stronger bulb, is that the H9? Or can I opt for an even brighter one? Also my friend, I think, ended up getting a replacement from you guys but again had some problems and I think he just gave up on them.

The 2 year warranty pretty much convinces me, plus I know AM will take care of me if anything does go wrong.

Again, thanks for the replies!

2011 Grabber Blue V6 Auto------------------------------------
AirRaid CAI // Rear Pedestal Spoiler // Black Decklid Panel //
GT/CS Front-end Conversion // Matte Black Racing Stripes //
Saleen Grille // RTR 19" Wheels // Boss Rear Diffuser // Eibach PK Lowering Springs // BBK LTH // BBK CXP // 93 Race tune
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page