Raxiom HID Install (Pictures) - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice

Hey, im looking into getting these for my V6 stang, along with DDM 35watt 6000k's, but my main question/concern is I want to wire it up so only the halos and 3 LED's are on all the time (not have it so the parking lights are on as well). Im decently versed in wiring and stuff, but honestly know nothing about car wiring and what fuse to go to and such. Has anyone done this or know of a guide that has this? I figure I need to find a source that has enough power and is ALWAYS on when my car is running, but I wouldn't know which to use or where to look. Im still a noob in car electronics

JLT CAI -- 73mm BBK TB -- Lone Wolf Ported Manifolds -- BBK Ceramic Shorties -- Borla ATAK Axle Back -- AM Short Throw -- 3.73 Rear -- DSS Aluminum DS -- Barton Shifter Bracket -- MPT 91 Tune -- Koni Yellow's -- J&M CC Plates -- SR Springs -- Boss 302 Strut Tower Brace -- BMR LCA's and Relo's -- HTRZ III 235/55-17 -- JLT Oil Seperator -- Billlet Grille -- GT500 Rear Diffuser -- Blue on Black Cue Ball Shifter Knob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Apprentice
V6 Member
S197 Member

This was one of the best right up's i've seen. Looks like the HID kit makes a difference, but i'm fine with the h9 projector. So far i' think it's better thank stock, not earth shattering but still better.

I like the halos, not sure why anyone wouldn't want those hooked up, but i'll be sad if one decides to burn out, even if it does so under warranty. Just takes some time to install, mostly consisting of taking the bumper and putting it back on.

Apprentice
S197 Member

Send a message via Yahoo to superslo50
Impressive. I for one am not very satisfied with the performance on a recent HID retrofit and have been looking into getting something like this done. Looks great.

Past Ride: 84' LX Convertible 5.0 (Sold)

post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012 Thread Starter
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoot em UP View Post
Hey, im looking into getting these for my V6 stang, along with DDM 35watt 6000k's, but my main question/concern is I want to wire it up so only the halos and 3 LED's are on all the time (not have it so the parking lights are on as well). Im decently versed in wiring and stuff, but honestly know nothing about car wiring and what fuse to go to and such. Has anyone done this or know of a guide that has this? I figure I need to find a source that has enough power and is ALWAYS on when my car is running, but I wouldn't know which to use or where to look. Im still a noob in car electronics
I've seen a thread explaining this very thing, but I can't find it now. Let us know if you find anything please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAC20 View Post
This was one of the best right up's i've seen. Looks like the HID kit makes a difference, but i'm fine with the h9 projector. So far i' think it's better thank stock, not earth shattering but still better.

I like the halos, not sure why anyone wouldn't want those hooked up, but i'll be sad if one decides to burn out, even if it does so under warranty. Just takes some time to install, mostly consisting of taking the bumper and putting it back on.
Thanks! I love this car.

2012 Ingot GT Premium / 401a / Reverse Sensing & Security / 3.73 Rear

Mods: CS Fascia w/Fogs / Saleen Grille / Flowmaster Hushpower AB / Koni STR.T Struts & Shocks / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Upper Mounts / BMR Adjustable Panhard / TPS Slotted Rotors / Hawk Pads / JLT Catch Can / Barton Shifter / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Airaid CAI / Rockers painted to match / HID Retrofit / Bama Baby!
Rookie

Great Job thank you for the post. I did the same but encountered one problem, the HIDs come on only if I put them on while I am on Park position (automatic). If I try to lightem on the Drive position let's say well It's not working ! Did you have that problem ? The halo and turn Signals work just fine becase their hooked on the Turns signals.

Thank you
Eric
(Mustang 2012 V6)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page