Cost to lease a new GT? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevegt2012 View Post
Not sure why you want to lease. Any financial adviser would tell you it doesn't make good financial sense.

Leasing makes Great financial sense depending on your situation, miles you drive, how often you want a new car etc, etc......jeez. Some people don't want to take the depreciation hit and keep a car for 10 years, plus if you lease your car its always under warranty.

2012 Mustang 5.0 - 2002 Focus ZTW - 2012 Kia Soul - 1969 Mustang GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyv90 View Post
I just made one on their website. Nothing added Base Model GT $31,095
$3,000 down
12,000 miles a year
36 Months

Monthly payment of $321 a month.

Financing the same car with same down payment.
5.9% APR for 72 months

Monthly payment of $465

Leasing and Buying both have their pros and cons, leasing isn't that terrible of an idea. Yes you are stuck with a car payment and there is no paying it off but you get a new car every 3 years and the payments are much less.
Where are you getting the 5.9% Apr at ? I bought my car at 3.7 and I just turned 19 no previous credit or a single thing in my name before

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
Where are you getting the 5.9% Apr at ? I bought my car at 3.7 and I just turned 19 no previous credit or a single thing in my name before

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Too many things go into what intrest rate a person can get, and honestly shouldnt compare one persons ability to finance vs anothers. Also it could just be that dealers lease rate. You got a good deal at 3.7, but people forget that sharing that type of info actually leads to an assessment of their personal financial status no matter how vauge it may be. All that to say, don't compare your ability to buy to someone elses. Price of car sure, trade value, sure, not interest rates.

PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downwardspiral View Post
Not for nothing I am paying over $100 a month less to finance my 2011 (with ~4000 miles) over 4 years (48 mo) @2.17% financing through a credit union. If you have any kind of respectable credit score, definitely check out credit unions. Insurance is $2200/yr and Im 25 for the record.
You are not paying that for a similarly priced car and down payment. If you were paying $100 less which would be $365 for 48 months without interest you`re making $17,520 in payments. Add a 3,000 down payment and your at $20,529. Even at 0% APR you are 11k short.

The 5.9% interest rate is just what it was set for.

Black 2011 V6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page