What's their secret? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

What's their secret?

Ok, I rented a 2012 Mustang last weekend on business. It had almost 28,000 miles.

First thing I noticed was how clean the interior was, then I glanced at the radio bezel. No marrs, no scratches, and it looked like mine did when new. Then I looked at the guages, and like the bezel, they looked crystal clear.

This car has 28K of abuse by rental customers, quick car wash, crappy detailing, and the dash/cluster/bezel look like new. My 2012 Mustang has 4K pampered miles, and only the best plush microfiber towels and finest detail products, and my guages and bezel are marred to a point that I might consider replacement.

So, what does Avis do to keep their Mustang's interior clear? I'd love to know their secret.

2012 Base Mustang Convertible
2009 Grand Marquis
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012
Californicajun

Maybe they replaced it or it could be the type of micro fiber cloth like kenv said.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-01-2012
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Mustang II Member
V6 Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Some microfiber cloths will scratch plastic. When I had my HD Heritage Springer a few years back, there was a warning sticker with the Lexan windshield that I bought that warned against using those cloths.

2013 GT CONVERTIBLE GHIG
2015 F-150 King Ranch crew cab

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole.
Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever.
AFM SITE ADMINISTRATOR

NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR BEING PATRIOTIC!

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012
PONY Member
S197 Member

They probably have never touched the guage bezels. I think the plastic is soft enough to scratch with just about anything. The more you touch it the worse it will get.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

The radio bezel and guages was as clean as the day the car was built; this car had 27,988 miles. They must have some sort of magic cleaners?

2012 Base Mustang Convertible
2009 Grand Marquis
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012
PONY Member

I use a swiffer to clean the interior in mine and have not scratched anything yet.

13 GT base, 3.55, Sterling Grey, MGW shifter, BMR LCA's, GT500 AB, silver RTR's, 275/40/19 Michelin pilot super sports, more stereo equipment than I will admit to, more parts to come.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012
GT Member
Classic Member
4.6L Member
5.0L Member

Not a scratch on mine and I am coming up on 30K miles. I use a micofiber towel on mine as well.

2011 GT/CS Coupe: Nav, comfort package, Electronics package, Borla axle back exhaust, VIS-Stalker Hood, H&R Lowering springs, Rear louvers, Complete white out, Silly GT/CS stripe deleted, powder coated rims, Tri bar pony 5.0 badges, K&N air filter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page