Ford Mustang Forum

Ford Mustang Forum (/forums/)
-   2011-2014 Mustang Talk (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/)
-   -   No clue why this guy tryed to do this to me?! (https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-2014-mustang-talk/349561-no-clue-why-guy-tryed-do-me.html)

AllBlckEvrythin 07-03-2012 04:17 PM

No clue why this guy tryed to do this to me?!

So I was minding my own business drivin down a 4 way street, and an 04-05 mustang gt pulls up next to me. I was expecting the guy to pull up even with me to talk mustangs but instead he stays back at the light and starts reving. I was like really? Anyway could not let him get the satisfaction so I burned him on green, I just wouldnt really consider trying to one up another mustang, a honda all day but not another mustang!

JG2011mustang 07-03-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllBlckEvrythin (Post 3119092)
So I was minding my own business drivin down a 4 way street, and an 04-05 mustang gt pulls up next to me. I was expecting the guy to pull up even with me to talk mustangs but instead he stays back at the light and starts reving. I was like really? Anyway could not let him get the satisfaction so I burned him on green, I just wouldnt really consider trying to one up another mustang, a honda all day but not another mustang!

Hahaha! I get that all the time! But nice work! Lol

J Orbit 07-03-2012 04:30 PM

The majority of the challengers I get are other Mustangs but for the first few months I had my car (when the 3.7 V6 was new) I got challenged by all the imports: Mazdaspeed3, RX-8, WRX and a GTI. I think that all the hot hatch drivers wanted to test out the new V6 Mustang and once they did word got around and I haven't been challenged by another import since. Aside from that it's almost always someone with a modded 05+ 4.6l Mustang. It seems those guys have the most to prove against the new V6?

5.ohmygod 07-03-2012 04:31 PM

Picking on a Honda? Do you take candy from babies when their mothers aren't looking too? Lol

The dude was probably just really excited to see one of his brothers. Usually when a guy pulls up and revs, I just smile and nod, they smile and nod back and we roll off.

Nick F 07-03-2012 04:35 PM

No one tries to challenge me.

replica 07-03-2012 04:37 PM

What's wrong with trying to race another Mustang? Sounds fun to me.

orion681 07-03-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

...and an 04-05 mustang gt pulls up next to me.

You know there is quite a difference between '04 and '05...

Blue Pwny 07-03-2012 05:27 PM

I have had only one car challenge me at a light and it was a new 5.0.

I had another one come up to me at a light, but we just jockied a little bit when the light turned green then we went our sperate ways... with giant grins of course.

jlawrence613 07-03-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Orbit (Post 3119120)
The majority of the challengers I get are other Mustangs but for the first few months I had my car (when the 3.7 V6 was new) I got challenged by all the imports: Mazdaspeed3, RX-8, WRX and a GTI. I think that all the hot hatch drivers wanted to test out the new V6 Mustang and once they did word got around and I haven't been challenged by another import since. Aside from that it's almost always someone with a modded 05+ 4.6l Mustang. It seems those guys have the most to prove against the new V6?

I certainly don't condone street racing in any fashion... But after a year of owning my car, I "finally" had one of these lure me into a race. Ironically, It happed right after I left the drag strip on the way home... I had my track number still on my window and tape on my rear fenders and everything.

He raced past and slowed down 3 times without me even looking in his direction. I could hear the turbo blow off and everything...(admittedly, this made me a bit nervous). Finally, his passenger rolled down the window and asked for a 40 roll... against my better judgment, I participated... and blew his damn doors, ALL THE WAY off. He had at least 2 other guys in the car with him and when they caught up, I could hear them cracking up laughing. His passenger said, "your car is pretty quick", as the driver did the dreaded "ricer fly-by" and exited off. Coming across my lane to do so no less...

Considering I had a bad times at the track, it at least made me feel better going home. Won't do it again though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion681 (Post 3119167)
You know there is quite a difference between '04 and '05...

I was going to point that out too...

AllBlckEvrythin 07-03-2012 05:34 PM

I dunno if it was an 04 or 05, just saw the body style of that era. It was fun though, 5.0hmygod I love taking candy from baby's, haha jk its not limited to hondas, I really shoulda said imports :winks

jlawrence613 07-03-2012 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllBlckEvrythin (Post 3119213)
I dunno if it was an 04 or 05, just saw the body style of that era. It was fun though, 5.0hmygod I love taking candy from baby's, haha jk its not limited to hondas, I really shoulda said imports :winks

LOL,

Not to press the issue, but '04 is a different "era" from '05.

2000-2004 is the new edge style
2005-2009 is the S197

Also A difference of about 40hp/tq. Nothing compared to 5.0 though.

Just an FYI:bigthumbsup

I pretty sure he knew he had no chance of winning. He may just have wanted to see what the 5.0 is all about. Hell, if we were at the track, I'd run you just to see how much of the gap I've managed to close.

With the Imports, I honestly think they dont know any better...bless their hearts.

Or they are packing something under the hood you might not like.

adspru 07-03-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AllBlckEvrythin (Post 3119213)

FYI, 2005 was the first year for the S197(retro) bodystyle.... Also, I've had my candy taken by Hondas, any car can be faster than yours, it only takes money and ingenuity:bigthumbsup...

raycl 07-03-2012 05:52 PM

No one messes with me because they think Im a V6. Had a Small AGM roadster ask for my tailights in my old 09' GT500. Got a thumbs up from him.

ShortySmalls 07-03-2012 06:07 PM

Quote:

well what was it? 04 and 05 are completely different, from the body to the engine! Cool story non the less, i have 96-04 GT's try to race my new 2012 v6 all the time, they leave disappointed.

Lethal302 07-03-2012 06:42 PM

haha 04's and 05's look nothing alike. Regardless, I always thought it was weird to race another mustang. I thought it was always frowned upon until I did a run with another black 5.0 on the highway and we were both laughing and gave the :bigthumbsup