No clue why this guy tryed to do this to me?! - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

No clue why this guy tryed to do this to me?!

So I was minding my own business drivin down a 4 way street, and an 04-05 mustang gt pulls up next to me. I was expecting the guy to pull up even with me to talk mustangs but instead he stays back at the light and starts reving. I was like really? Anyway could not let him get the satisfaction so I burned him on green, I just wouldnt really consider trying to one up another mustang, a honda all day but not another mustang!

2012 Black 5.0 MT, Equip Package 401A, Heated Seats, Red Interior
Mods Listed in Profile
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
Apprentice

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlckEvrythin View Post
So I was minding my own business drivin down a 4 way street, and an 04-05 mustang gt pulls up next to me. I was expecting the guy to pull up even with me to talk mustangs but instead he stays back at the light and starts reving. I was like really? Anyway could not let him get the satisfaction so I burned him on green, I just wouldnt really consider trying to one up another mustang, a honda all day but not another mustang!
Hahaha! I get that all the time! But nice work! Lol

-CURRENT-
2013 Mustang GT/ 6 Speed/ Tech Package/ Stock for now

-SOLD-
2011 Black Mustang V6/ 6 Speed|Stock 2.73 Gears|GT500 rear spoiler|GT500 Rear Valance|RTR wheels 285/35/19's all around |H.I.D 6K Smoked Raxiom Halo Headlights|California Special Front Valance/Fog Lights 6K|JLT Cold Air Intake|93 BBR Tune|Throttle Body Spacer|Cervinis Ram Air Hood|Saleen Grille|Boss 302 Front Street Splitter|Transformer/Decepticon
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
J Orbit

The majority of the challengers I get are other Mustangs but for the first few months I had my car (when the 3.7 V6 was new) I got challenged by all the imports: Mazdaspeed3, RX-8, WRX and a GTI. I think that all the hot hatch drivers wanted to test out the new V6 Mustang and once they did word got around and I haven't been challenged by another import since. Aside from that it's almost always someone with a modded 05+ 4.6l Mustang. It seems those guys have the most to prove against the new V6?

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
Apprentice

Picking on a Honda? Do you take candy from babies when their mothers aren't looking too? Lol

The dude was probably just really excited to see one of his brothers. Usually when a guy pulls up and revs, I just smile and nod, they smile and nod back and we roll off.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

No one tries to challenge me.

2007 GT500 - White, Blue stripes, 2010 clutch, JLT123, SLP Loudmouth, VMP tune, AFCO heat exchanger, CHE upper/lower control arms, QA1 adjustable rear shocks. #360 of all GT500 coupes. 13,000 miles.
RWHP - ?? ~500
_______
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport 6spd - Daily Driver
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
replica

What's wrong with trying to race another Mustang? Sounds fun to me.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
Apprentice
4.6L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
...and an 04-05 mustang gt pulls up next to me.
You know there is quite a difference between '04 and '05...

2005 GT premium convertible: Performance White with red Shelby style stripes and red leather/charcoal interior, K&N CAI, Flowmaster cat backs, Steeda Tri-Ax...here we go again...
2005 GT premium convertible: Satin Silver with red leather/charcoal interior, Flowmaster American Thunder axleback, K&N FIPK...K.I.A. 12/12/12
2001 Honda CBR 929RR: Pearlescent Yellow/Black, Erion bolt on can, K&N filter...don't even try...
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
Apprentice

I have had only one car challenge me at a light and it was a new 5.0.

I had another one come up to me at a light, but we just jockied a little bit when the light turned green then we went our sperate ways... with giant grins of course.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Orbit View Post
The majority of the challengers I get are other Mustangs but for the first few months I had my car (when the 3.7 V6 was new) I got challenged by all the imports: Mazdaspeed3, RX-8, WRX and a GTI. I think that all the hot hatch drivers wanted to test out the new V6 Mustang and once they did word got around and I haven't been challenged by another import since. Aside from that it's almost always someone with a modded 05+ 4.6l Mustang. It seems those guys have the most to prove against the new V6?
I certainly don't condone street racing in any fashion... But after a year of owning my car, I "finally" had one of these lure me into a race. Ironically, It happed right after I left the drag strip on the way home... I had my track number still on my window and tape on my rear fenders and everything.

He raced past and slowed down 3 times without me even looking in his direction. I could hear the turbo blow off and everything...(admittedly, this made me a bit nervous). Finally, his passenger rolled down the window and asked for a 40 roll... against my better judgment, I participated... and blew his damn doors, ALL THE WAY off. He had at least 2 other guys in the car with him and when they caught up, I could hear them cracking up laughing. His passenger said, "your car is pretty quick", as the driver did the dreaded "ricer fly-by" and exited off. Coming across my lane to do so no less...

Considering I had a bad times at the track, it at least made me feel better going home. Won't do it again though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion681 View Post
You know there is quite a difference between '04 and '05...
I was going to point that out too...

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I dunno if it was an 04 or 05, just saw the body style of that era. It was fun though, 5.0hmygod I love taking candy from baby's, haha jk its not limited to hondas, I really shoulda said imports

2012 Black 5.0 MT, Equip Package 401A, Heated Seats, Red Interior
Mods Listed in Profile
GT Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

Send a message via Skype™ to jlawrence613
Quote:
I dunno if it was an 04 or 05, just saw the body style of that era. It was fun though, 5.0hmygod I love taking candy from baby's, haha jk its not limited to hondas, I really shoulda said imports
LOL,

Not to press the issue, but '04 is a different "era" from '05.

2000-2004 is the new edge style
2005-2009 is the S197

Also A difference of about 40hp/tq. Nothing compared to 5.0 though.

Just an FYI

I pretty sure he knew he had no chance of winning. He may just have wanted to see what the 5.0 is all about. Hell, if we were at the track, I'd run you just to see how much of the gap I've managed to close.

With the Imports, I honestly think they dont know any better...bless their hearts.

Or they are packing something under the hood you might not like.

Grabber Blue 2011 V6 Premium A6 Coupe Mods: MPT 93 Tune, FRPP 3.73 Gears, BBK Longtube Headers w/ O/R Xpipe, Steeda CAI, Dynomax 2.5" Ultra Flo Catback, Boss302 STB, J&M LCA, Whiteline Relocation Brackets, Eibach Sportlines, 18x9/10 '10 GT500 rims 255/45, 285/40/18 Nitto555 Next: BBK 73mm TB, Ported Intake Manifold, DSS Al Driveshaft, . Styling: 15% Tint, Black Spoiler, Decklid Panel, & Grille Surround. Chin Spoiler, Hood Spears

Best to Date - 13.212 @ 105.79 - Uncorrected
MACH I Member
S197 Member

Quote:
FYI, 2005 was the first year for the S197(retro) bodystyle.... Also, I've had my candy taken by Hondas, any car can be faster than yours, it only takes money and ingenuity...

Some people lead the way blindly, Others follow with 20/20 vision

Aaron S.
2011 5.0| MT82| White/Saddle|HID|Brembo|3.73| GT/CS Fascia| Saleen Grill| DynaTech LT's and O/R X| AFCO Aluminum Radiator | J&M LCA's & RELO's|Hurst Billet + | Eibach Pro Springs| KONI STR-T |Bama93| Airaid| 255/40/19(f)285/35/19(r) Kuhmo ECSTA XS|

Gone but not forgotten
|08 Mustang GT, MT Black| 05 IS 300 MT Black| 00 Camaro SS MT Black|95 Acura Integra GSR MT Black | 91 Prelude Si 4WS MT Black|

Apprentice

No one messes with me because they think Im a V6. Had a Small AGM roadster ask for my tailights in my old 09' GT500. Got a thumbs up from him.

2011 Grabber Blue GT/CS 6SP 373's
1 of 63

"The only thing worse than a car that won't go is one that won't stop."
GT Member
5.0L Member

Garage
Quote:
well what was it? 04 and 05 are completely different, from the body to the engine! Cool story non the less, i have 96-04 GT's try to race my new 2012 v6 all the time, they leave disappointed.

2016 Mustang GT 5.0 Magnetic Metallic Performance Package
Interior - Recaro Bucket Seats, Weathertech Digital Fit Floor Mats, Diode Dynamics LED Visor Mirror Lights, LED Glove Box Light, LED Trunk Light, and LED Map Light
Exterior -Dealer Installed Shelby GT350 Racing Stripes, SunTek Carbon 15% Tint, Diode Dynamics LED Switchback Blinkers, LED Reverse Light
Performance - MBRP Race Series 3" Catback
PONY Member

haha 04's and 05's look nothing alike. Regardless, I always thought it was weird to race another mustang. I thought it was always frowned upon until I did a run with another black 5.0 on the highway and we were both laughing and gave the

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page