Help! Dim interior lights... - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

Help! Dim interior lights...

Hey everyone, I have a small issue that I was hoping you all could help with. I have a 2012 5.0, and I just noticed a few days ago that whenever the nighttime interior lights come on (gauges and center console), they are very dim. It's bad enough that when I drive at night, I can barely see my gauges. But when they switch back to daytime lights, they go back to their normal brightness.

I've searched around for similar topics, but didn't come up with anything. Has anyone heard of this issue before? Is there a way to change the brightness of the gauges that I just don't know about? Could it be a fuse issue? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012
Apprentice

There is a wheel to the left of the steering wheel and immediately to the right of the headlight dial. Just give it a spin and it should brighten right up for you.

I'll try to find a photo if you can't locate it.

2012 5.0 GT - 6MT82 - Sterling Gray - Premium Sports Interior - Comfort Package - 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012
Apprentice

There is a little scroll wheel next to the headlight switch on the left hand side of the steering wheel. Roll it upwards, that should fix the issue.

2012 Mustang GT Premium, Black, GB and Black Interior, 6AT, Electronics Package, Backup Cam, Comfort Package, HIDs, Remote start, Reverse Sensors, 19" wheels...

Ordered: 10/05/2011 Delivered: 12/31/2011 Picked Up: 1/2/2012

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012
Apprentice

Here's a screen shot from the manual.

2012 5.0 GT - 6MT82 - Sterling Gray - Premium Sports Interior - Comfort Package - 18" Polished Aluminum Wheels
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012
Apprentice

Screen shot didn't work. But you have a good idea of where it is now anyway.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
5.0L Member

I was afraid this was going to be a stupid question...it seems my fears have been confirmed. I must have hit that scroll wheel with my knee or something....thanks everyone!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012
GT Member
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Nah, not a stupid question.

I had the opposite problem when I first got mine, the gauges were so bright I couldn't see anything but them, LOL.

Scott | 2012 GT Premium Coupe • Performance White • 6R80 • HID • 64M Wheels • Ford All-Weather Pony Mats & Trunk Liner • GT500/GT Rear Mud Flap Set • Ohio's Horses License Plate • Raxiom Aero Tails

If you love your dog, get a microchip, they really work! My lost dog was back home in just under 24 hours thanks to the good citizens who called the county and the microchip that told animal control exactly where he lived.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page