Buying a new car - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Buying a new car

Alright so I'm looking at going for a new 2013 GT in the near future of say the next year or so. My question is has anyone in the Maryland area bought a car from the Sheehy ford dealership in Gaithersburg before? I know this is a rather localized question but I've only had a very limited purchase history and both cars were used. My only interaction with the dealership has been through the service department which I've found to be very helpful, fair on prices, and very friendly in my many questions for them, but I have never gotten a car their and more so never got a brand new car ordered with exactly what I wanted in it. If anyone has a dealership that they could suggest in my area of Maryland I'd be grateful

2007 Mustang GT Red / Manual / Airaid CAI / Tuner / Smoked third brake light / CCFL Smoked Halo Headlights / HID headlights / Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust / JBA Long Tube Headers / Off Road H-pipe / Line lock / Roush Short Shifter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012
Beast3.7

I've never bought from Sheehy but I know they honor USAA pricing. I bought several vehicles through Ourisman and have had good luck.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Thats good to know, thank you for letting me know and I haven't looked there just yet.

2007 Mustang GT Red / Manual / Airaid CAI / Tuner / Smoked third brake light / CCFL Smoked Halo Headlights / HID headlights / Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust / JBA Long Tube Headers / Off Road H-pipe / Line lock / Roush Short Shifter

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012
Rookie
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I bought mine there from Neals. Greg was the sales manager. They were very fair with my trade. I had a 2007 Mustang GT with 82k on it. They were agressive in the price. They have kept all promises to me. Ugly dealership though. Looks like it has not been remodeled in 30 years but who cares as long as the price and service is right. I bought mine from them about three to 4 weeks ago, Good Luck

Last edited by pdravens; 07-05-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: spelling
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-05-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Good to know, thank you. Where is the dealership?

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012
Rookie

I called sheehy of springfield va and gaithersburg md trying to get a decent price on a color/combo i wanted that they had in stock. They really wouldnt work with me on the price at all so kept shopping around elsewhere and was able to get invoice + incentives at another dealership.

2013 GT Coupe California Special - Deep Impact Blue, MT, Comfort Package, 3.73 Gears, Roush AB
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012
Apprentice

You might try Apple Ford in Columbia

They stock lots of Mustangs and I got a great deal on my 2011 Convertible. I flew up from Charlotte, NC and drove home. Use their internet department for the best deal.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-06-2012 Thread Starter
PONY Member

Garage
Good to know, on these things thank you everyone for letting me know both the good and bad

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page