Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
PONY Member

Hey KonaBlueKiller, what radio interface harness did you use with the Scosche, is it C2R-FRD1?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 07-08-2012 Thread Starter
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal302 View Post
+1 on that haha
430 other people managed to find the pics.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
430 other people managed to find the pics.
Pics posted direct for GoBlue:

2013 Mustang GT Base (Black, 301A, Track Package & Recaros) Barton SS/Bracket, GT500 Mufflers Coming Soon: Steeda Sport Springs - 2010 VW Tiguan SE (4Motion, APR Chip) - 1995 BMW M3

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RusWolf View Post
I'd like to see one where NAV goes on top.
Nav Can't go on top. That's Where our A/C control box is. Stock nav cars have that box mounted differently to accomodate.

2012 Base GT/MT-82/3.73 KONA BLUE
JLT INTAKE/AED TUNE/PYPES A/B
CUSTOM 3 INCH MIDPIPES/DYNAFLO ULTRAFLO X MUFFLER/NO CATS
J&M CONTROL ARMS/ADJUSTABLE PANHARD/FORD K SPRINGS
KICKER SOLOBARIC L7 12"SUB/KICKER 750X1
4 KICKER 6X8s/dbDRIVE 1000X4
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdog1157 View Post
I do think that looks better than the Metra. Does your stock LED screen not show temp or direction?
It shows temperature yea, but not direction. It never did stock though so that might only be on premiums. Mine is a base.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueKiller View Post
It shows temperature yea, but not direction. It never did stock though so that might only be on premiums. Mine is a base.
Kona - You just swapped your front speakers right? Were they plug and play?

I have a 2013 Base which I believe is the same, I know the Shaker system changed but I just have the base door panels. I'm wanting to swap the speakers but don't want to deal with having to fab up something to make them bolt up.

How was the install. Do you have any pics? Sound a lot better now?

2013 Mustang GT Base (Black, 301A, Track Package & Recaros) Barton SS/Bracket, GT500 Mufflers Coming Soon: Steeda Sport Springs - 2010 VW Tiguan SE (4Motion, APR Chip) - 1995 BMW M3
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Front and rear are 6x8 kickers, don't remember the model number but it's the best 6x8 they make, and they are ran off off of a 1000 Watt 4 channel DBdrive amp mounted to the back of my rear passenger seat. The solobaric L7 12 is ran off of a 1500 Watt peak 1 channel kicker amp on the back of the rear driver seat. I originally had this setup ran off of the stock radio and didn't want to worry with low wattage from the factory radio. I later added the pioneer head unit. Front speakers are an easy swap and less than an hour if you know how to pull off the door panels. Rear is a little harder.

And yes it sounds amazing and you can play it way louder than You'll ever want to with no distortion. That solobaric really turns the car into a rattlebox though which Sucks.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueKiller View Post
Front and rear are 6x8 kickers, don't remember the model number but it's the best 6x8 they make, and they are ran off off of a 1000 Watt 4 channel DBdrive amp mounted to the back of my rear passenger seat. The solobaric L7 12 is ran off of a 1500 Watt peak 1 channel kicker amp on the back of the rear driver seat. I originally had this setup ran off of the stock radio and didn't want to worry with low wattage from the factory radio. I later added the pioneer head unit. Front speakers are an easy swap and less than an hour if you know how to pull off the door panels. Rear is a little harder.

And yes it sounds amazing and you can play it way louder than You'll ever want to with no distortion. That solobaric really turns the car into a rattlebox though which Sucks.
Thanks for the reply! So with the stock radio, you had the speakers installed w/ an aftermarket AMP? How did you have to wire it in since the stock radio has no pre-amp outs?

Trying to figure out if I can just get aftermarket speakers without an amp, at least until I figure out what type of radio I want since stock nav isn't happening.

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

I ran the speaker wires from the stock radio to a styrofoam, which changes it to RCA outputs Where you can run RCA wires to the amps. Some amps also have speaker wire or high level inputs Where you can Just run wires straight to it

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

And you can run aftermarkets off of the stock radio. Just buy something low wattage and You'll be fine. I wanted a high wattage setup... You can buy the low wattage speakers in your brand of choice, take off door panels, swap speakers, replace door panels and get a great improvement

PONY Member

I have the metra dash kit in my car and it is at least the quality of the OEM dash. I don't get why people are knocking it. Must be scosche employees. The only observation I have from mine is that the LCD is (possibly) not bright enough in direct sun. Not a problem in my car as all the windows are tinted. The buttons and fit and finish otherwise look as good as the OEM dash disaster.

The interior quality is pathetic compared to an Audi or BMW or Mercedes anyway.... so does it really matter? I didn't buy a mustang for the "luxury" interior.

2013 Ford Explorer Sport
[SOLD] 2012 Mustang GT (disappointed)
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
Pics posted direct for GoBlue:

I really like how the NAV sits a little higher, but that touch screen seems too small. I like the new Schoshe that have those physical buttons on the side but I also like how this one sits higher

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I really like how the NAV sits a little higher, but that touch screen seems too small. I like the new Schoshe that have those physical buttons on the side but I also like how this one sits higher
I agree as well.. The screen just doesn't look right where it's sitting, no buttons, etc.. I like the Schosche one, and I do not work for them.

I would prefer the Factory NAV but it's not an option. I honestly don't know if I'll even upgrade to aftermarket head unit with either kit just because of the lack of options.

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
I agree as well.. The screen just doesn't look right where it's sitting, no buttons, etc.. I like the Schosche one, and I do not work for them.

I would prefer the Factory NAV but it's not an option. I honestly don't know if I'll even upgrade to aftermarket head unit with either kit just because of the lack of options.
Same here bro. I'm really kicking myself for not getting the factory NAV. I thought the aftermarket would create some sweet stuff by now. Each one of them has their own separate issues.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
GT Member

Sure glad I got the factory NAV. Bigger screen, climate controls, and it just looks better.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page