Installed DVD/NAV Using New Metra Kit - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Lol I don't work for scosche either, but it just looks better. The old and new metra kits look blank to me, too much open space... I do hate how low the nav is, if they could swap the nav and hvac controls and move the control box behind the dashboard down then that would be golden.

2012 Base GT/MT-82/3.73 KONA BLUE
JLT INTAKE/AED TUNE/PYPES A/B
CUSTOM 3 INCH MIDPIPES/DYNAFLO ULTRAFLO X MUFFLER/NO CATS
J&M CONTROL ARMS/ADJUSTABLE PANHARD/FORD K SPRINGS
KICKER SOLOBARIC L7 12"SUB/KICKER 750X1
4 KICKER 6X8s/dbDRIVE 1000X4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaBlueKiller View Post
Lol I don't work for scosche either, but it just looks better. The old and new metra kits look blank to me, too much open space... I do hate how low the nav is, if they could swap the nav and hvac controls and move the control box behind the dashboard down then that would be golden.
So based on these findings it seems we will never have an aftermarket kit that can fit the screen in the upper part right? I think the Metra spokesman in the video of their newest kit said this as well.

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
GT Member

its not physically possible to move an aftermarket unit up to the top, the reason the factory nav is up at the top because it is just the screen, which is maybe 1-2" thick at most. Alpine is coming out with an 8" unit and the fitment for the Mustang uses a Scosche panel that loses the stupid factory display and moves the unit up a little bit higher

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
its not physically possible to move an aftermarket unit up to the top, the reason the factory nav is up at the top because it is just the screen, which is maybe 1-2" thick at most. Alpine is coming out with an 8" unit and the fitment for the Mustang uses a Scosche panel that loses the stupid factory display and moves the unit up a little bit higher
I'm assuming you are talking about the new Alpine INE-Z928HD

Crutchfield is already pre-ordering it and the Scosche, but it ain't cheap. Definitely looks like the best one available. Check out the pics in the link

Alpine Perfect FIT for Ford Mustang Install an Alpine navigation system in 2010-up Ford Mustang (Model KTX-MTG8) at Crutchfield.com

2012 Mustang 5.0, Auto, HID headlamps, comfort/security pkg, Front LCA's, Saleen Grill, GT500 rear valence, GT500 mud guards, GT500 mounts, GT500 AB, Eibach Pro/Koni STR.T, BMR Adj. Panhard, JLT Oil Seperator, Lloyds 5.0 Mats/Trunk Mats, StopTech ST40, 245/40/20 (F), 275/35/20 (R), Stock Dyno = 373.9 RWHP / 341.2 TQ, Build Date 06/11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
I'm assuming you are talking about the new Alpine INE-Z928HD

Crutchfield is already pre-ordering it and the Scosche, but it ain't cheap. Definitely looks like the best one available. Check out the pics in the link

Alpine Perfect FIT for Ford Mustang Install an Alpine navigation system in 2010-up Ford Mustang (Model KTX-MTG8) at Crutchfield.com
It actually still isn't shipping (Pre-Order - Ship Date Unknown) for the dash kit that will fit the Alpine unit.

My question is this specific to my car (13 GT Base w/ SYNC (301A Package)):

I do not have Satellite Radio stock, so if I purchased the Alpine and Perfect Fit kit, can I add the sirius as well? Do I just purchase one of the Sirius kits for Alpine and throw the sat antenna on the rear deck under the carpet or something?

Also - Will it retain all factory features (SYNC) - Phone, Sync Directions, Factory Microphone (I hate the aftermarket ones and placement, etc). How does the bluetooth on the Alpine integrate with the Sync and system already there?

2013 Mustang GT Base (Black, 301A, Track Package & Recaros) Barton SS/Bracket, GT500 Mufflers Coming Soon: Steeda Sport Springs - 2010 VW Tiguan SE (4Motion, APR Chip) - 1995 BMW M3
PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doofoo View Post
It actually still isn't shipping (Pre-Order - Ship Date Unknown) for the dash kit that will fit the Alpine unit.

My question is this specific to my car (13 GT Base w/ SYNC (301A Package)):

I do not have Satellite Radio stock, so if I purchased the Alpine and Perfect Fit kit, can I add the sirius as well? Do I just purchase one of the Sirius kits for Alpine and throw the sat antenna on the rear deck under the carpet or something?

Also - Will it retain all factory features (SYNC) - Phone, Sync Directions, Factory Microphone (I hate the aftermarket ones and placement, etc). How does the bluetooth on the Alpine integrate with the Sync and system already there?
Get on YouTube search "metra mustang." You will find the new metra touchscreen kit and the guy will explain all of the wiring so you can retain factory sync, bluetooth, etc..

I'm assuming the harnesses the guy points out can be used in almost all aftermarket kits.

Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
Get on YouTube search "metra mustang." You will find the new metra touchscreen kit and the guy will explain all of the wiring so you can retain factory sync, bluetooth, etc..

I'm assuming the harnesses the guy points out can be used in almost all aftermarket kits.
Yeah - Just no one seems to go into real detail. I'd love to check out the new Alpine Perfect Fit unit and see how it looks and functions in person. Anyone in MD/DC/VA have the Scosche kit locally installed?

2013 Mustang GT Base (Black, 301A, Track Package & Recaros) Barton SS/Bracket, GT500 Mufflers Coming Soon: Steeda Sport Springs - 2010 VW Tiguan SE (4Motion, APR Chip) - 1995 BMW M3
PONY Member

What size screens do you guys have on your radios using the Metra or Scosche kits? Just found a video on youtube that said the Metra won't fit a 7" screen but you could "make it work" with the stock radio brackets. I'm leaning towards the Scosche kit and wonder if it has the same problem with a 7" screen.
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

As long as its a double din head unit, which they all are whether 6, 6.5, or 7 inch. It will work. They don't make different size double dins. They are all the same. My 7 inch fits in the same hole as all 6 inch screens, they just have bigger or more buttons down the side whereas mine has tiny ones across the bottom.

GT Member
V6 Member

If you are interested in those alpine I can let you know when they are coming out since I am an Alpine dealer.

Lee
2012 V6 Ingot Silver MT
2012 V6 Grabber Blue AT
1991 Ford F150
2005 Honda Civic
----------------------------------------------
12v Guru
GT Member

the Alpine 8" HU with the Scosche panel looks awesome! time to start saving my pennies lol

2016 DIB GT Premium A6, Borla S-type axle backs, Rovos Pretoria wheels 20x8.5/20x10, Nitto N555G2 tires 255/35/20 and 275/35/20, Koni yellows, BMR springs
Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
the Alpine 8" HU with the Scosche panel looks awesome! time to start saving my pennies lol
Post a picture...

PONY Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue View Post
430 other people managed to find the pics.
Mehh...Schosche kit looks better

2012 5.0 6MT - AED Tuned / Brembo Brakes / 3.73 FRPP Gears / Pypes LTH / Pypes O/R X / Boss Manifold / Steeda Intake / Bama Race Tune / GT500 Wheels / Nitto NT555's / GT500 ABs / Saleen Grille / Barton 2-Post Bracket / Interceptor Gauges / SOS Dual Pillar Pod / Koni Shocks & Struts / BMR Springs / BMR LCAs & Brackets / BMR Camber Bolts / J&M Adj Panhard Bar / GT500 Upper Strut Mounts / GT500 Steering Wheel / Roush Side Splitters / GT/CS Front Fascia / Boss Splitter / Raxiom Headlights
GT Member

not sure why the links dont go directly to the Alpine perfect fit kits, anyways here it is.......Alpines soon to be released 8" HU with the Scosche built panel kit

Apprentice
5.0L Member
S197 Member

That's the first time I've seen one I like better than mine. They did away with the factory top display, moved the AC control up and that 8 inch screen looks killer. Even though I don't care for alpine. I love my Pioneer AVH-P4400

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page