Best suited struts for Sportlines? - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice

Best suited struts for Sportlines?

So I installed my eibach sportlines this weekend on my 12v6. I only installed springs, an adj. pan hard bar, and camber bolts as I wanted to get some use out of the stock equipment before going aftermarket.

I am impressed with the difference just the springs made but after seeing the factory struts/shocks and mounts I'm concerned with how long they will really last so I plan on getting the rest of the setup now so I'm not waiting for it when it does blow.

The mustang is really just used to commute to work and never sees any track time so I'm not wanting to go to crazy with the shocks so I'm considering:

-Eibach pro dampers
-kyb gr2
-Tokico D-Spec
-Koni STR-T

As well I'd like to upgrade the strut mounts to camber adjustable units so I can ditch the camber bolts. When I was shopping before there was only the steeda and maximum motorsports available now I see J&M offers camber only top mounts.

These seem ideal as i dont care about caster and are much cheaper but I have not seen any reviews of their quality on them. Any experiences before I buy?

before

After

My garage:
12 V6 pony package
98 Eclipse GST
94 Celica Gt-4 (st205)
91 Celica Gt-4 (st185)
91 MR-2 G-Limited
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012
PONY Member
V6 Member
S197 Member

I have had the sportlines on my V6 for almost 7000 miles. Stock struts and shocks. Adjustable panhard bar and lower rear control arms. Didn't use the camber bolts, just had it aligned and it is within spec so alls good so far. You can definitely feel everything on the road which is fine for me. I do drive the car about 100 miles a day, still no issues. I plan on doing the Koni SRT struts/shocks soon but not because the OEM are getting worn out.

2011 SG Mustang Premium V6, MCA Edition, 3:31 Gears, 6 MT, Reverse Camera.
Steeda CAI, BAMA Tuned SCT, GT Fascia, Boss/CS Valance, Boss Front Splitter, Saleen Grille, Roush Splitters, GT500 Rear Valance, Roush AB, Black GT500 Wheels (18x10 Rear/18x9 Front), GT Front Brakes, Eibach Sportlines, Eibach Adj LCAs, J&M Adj. Panhard Bar, Steeda STB, Grabber Pony SG Shift Knob, Custom Perforated/Striped leather shift boot and E-Brake Handle boot, SR Performance Shifter, Barton Shifter Bracket
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012
GT Member
S197 Member

Koni! I have nearly the same setup you do and it's (IMO) a perfect balance between handling and comfort.

2002 C5 Z51. MCS 2WNR TT2 coilovers, 18x11 Forgestars, 315's, yada yada. Built Z06 T56. Bolt ons. Coming soon to a CAM event near you.

2013 F150 6.2L. 9mpg.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2012
PONY Member

I just bought the steeda proaction shocks/struts and steeda heavy duty strut mounts. I was thinking about the str.t's but the steeda guys talked their stuff up pretty good and I wanted 2011+ strut mounts for the future.

2012 Race Red GT Premium | MT82 3.31 | HID/Security | Steeda CAI | BAMA 91P | JLT Seperator | Steeda Shift Bracket | Steeda ProAction Shocks/Struts | Steeda Heavy Duty Strut Mounts | Eibach Pro-Kit (Dub) | J&M Adj. Panhard | GT500 Axle-Backs w/Resonator Delete | Ford Racing STB | American Muscle GT500 Black Machined 18x9/10 Nitto 555
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page