Roush or Saleen Type Grill for 2013 V6 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012 Thread Starter
Apprentice
S197 Member

Roush or Saleen Type Grill for 2013 V6

Hey guys, I really love the look of the Roush and Saleen grilles that look like this.

However, it seems they will only fit the GT. Does anyone currently have a 2013 V6 with a Roush or Saleen grille? Can I get it to fit my car?

If not, does anyone make a grille that looks very similar to this that will fit the V6. I don't particularly care for the billet grille from American Muscle.

Thank you!

Fred

2013 Ford Mustang V6 with Performance Package, Recaro Cloth Seats, 19" Brembo GT Track Pack Wheels and GT Premium 19" Wheels, OEM 3:31 gears, Airaid CAI and Roush Upper and Lower Grille.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2012
PONY Member

the grilles for the '13s haven't really been released by most companies yet. Neither Saleen or Roush have released their '13 grilles. Just fyi the grilles on all models of the 2013s are the same, other than the gt500. So once the '13 grilles come out, you don't have to find one specifically for v6.

The only place I've seen anything close to what youre talking about is on LRS, they have the california special black billet grille for the '13s, but if you buy both the lower and upper its upwards of $800.

To answer your question, no none of the '11/'12 grilles will fit your car, and AM hasn't started selling the '13s yet.

2013 DIB 3.7L | 6AT | Performance Package | Tech Package |
Bama 91R | Airaid CAI | Flowmaster Force II Axlebacks |
Pioneer TSD's | Amp & 10" JBL sub |
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012
Rookie

talked to Roush today about their RS grill. They do not currently have plans to sell it seperately from the car.

2013 MCA/PP

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012
MACH I Member

Both Roush and Saleen grilles require a GT bumper, unless you feel confident in your elbow grease abilities on a V6 (it's been done).

Roush requires the OEM GT grille surround, but is billet aluminum.

Saleen is a plastic one-piece that does not need a grille surround (cheaper in the long run), but it's plastic.

Both look different from the side. The Roush is recessed in a bit like the OEM grilles, while the Saleen extrudes out a bit from the stock look and has those two little whiskers on the side.

========

You can find a new take-off GT bumper for $200-$300.

Roush + Surround: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2010-2012-FO...ht_2076wt_1139

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2VipeRS View Post
Both Roush and Saleen grilles require a GT bumper, unless you feel confident in your elbow grease abilities on a V6 (it's been done).

Roush requires the OEM GT grille surround, but is billet aluminum.

Saleen is a plastic one-piece that does not need a grille surround (cheaper in the long run), but it's plastic.

Both look different from the side. The Roush is recessed in a bit like the OEM grilles, while the Saleen extrudes out a bit from the stock look and has those two little whiskers on the side.

========

You can find a new take-off GT bumper for $200-$300.

Roush + Surround: 2010-2012 FORD MUSTANG - ROUSH BILLET GRILLE *W/ GRILLE SURROUND* - MATTE BLACK | eBay
He has a 2013. You are talking about 11-12 Mustangs.

SOLD: Black 2011 GT 5.0.
1997 SVT Cobra Mustang
Full Steeda Suspension; OR X-Pipe; Flowmaster Exhaust; AMR wheels; Pro 5.0 Shifter, etc..
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2012
MACH I Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
He has a 2013. You are talking about 11-12 Mustangs.
Oops! Sorry for the confusion - disregard the post then, haha.

2012 Black 3.7L
=Performance Package

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page