AdvancTrac almost caused a major wreck - Page 10 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedaddy View Post
11Red3.7, Thanks for all of your posts on this forum. If not for you and the others that have posted about this I would have been completely clueless! I have told the dealership about this thread and they seem to not care. THey have had my stang since Monday and don't expect to have answers till mid-late next week. Hopefully with Deysha's help I can get answers. Just like you said, I had just filled my tank and was in fact going around a 45-60 degree corner. So it seems to be a fault when doing that.
This has thrown my move all out of whack and will be costing me a few grand due to delays. Not fun.
Thank you so much for all the information.
You're Welcome AD, I think if all 30 to 35 people on the forums with this problem had all escalated their Advanctrac problems thru Deysha and kept on with their dealership to get it fixed we'd have this thing completely whooped by now. Maybe.

Whatever you do, VEHICLE DATA RECORDER!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

11Red3.7,
The dealer is wanting me to come in monday morning before I leave for Colorado to try to duplicate it. In the previous posts I saw the thing about stalling it in 3rd and then restart it and accelerate to 40 while making a sharp turn. Is that what made yours duplicate it? Just want to make sure before I get down there... thanks

Deysha,
The dealer told me I could only get a rental covered for 10 days. After that I had to pay for it. They've had the car since monday and ive had a rental since wednesday. They are waiting on a driveshaft from detroit that wont be in till tuesday/wednesday for the rpm problem and then they are hoping to have an answer on the advanctrac issue as well. I leave for colorado this monday in my other vehicle and my wife and kids will remain here. They can't be without a car if this takes longer than friday. Can anything be done with this? Also, did you get my PM with all the requested info?

Thank you 11Red and Deysha

11Red3.7

Quote:
11Red3.7,
The dealer is wanting me to come in monday morning before I leave for Colorado to try to duplicate it. In the previous posts I saw the thing about stalling it in 3rd and then restart it and accelerate to 40 while making a sharp turn. Is that what made yours duplicate it? Just want to make sure before I get down there... thanks

Deysha,
The dealer told me I could only get a rental covered for 10 days. After that I had to pay for it. They've had the car since monday and ive had a rental since wednesday. They are waiting on a driveshaft from detroit that wont be in till tuesday/wednesday for the rpm problem and then they are hoping to have an answer on the advanctrac issue as well. I leave for colorado this monday in my other vehicle and my wife and kids will remain here. They can't be without a car if this takes longer than friday. Can anything be done with this? Also, did you get my PM with all the requested info?

Thank you 11Red and Deysha
Chances of the dealer duplicating it are Extremely small.
Also mine has always freaked out while going in a straight line, so have the others with this problem. It just always happens right after making a hard turn, usually with a full tank of gas. The dealer never duplicated mine they had it for 10 days. Ask for a Vehicle Data Recorder to be installed after they don't duplicate it. A GT500 guy on another forum could duplicate his on demand. If you have a manual transmission aka MT82 you can try his technique and see if yours flares up.

Also Deysha should be in Monday morning and start responding to her PMs, unless she is taking time off.

Rookie

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Red3.7 View Post
Chances of the dealer duplicating it are Extremely small.
Also mine has always freaked out while going in a straight line, so have the others with this problem. It just always happens right after making a hard turn, usually with a full tank of gas. The dealer never duplicated mine they had it for 10 days. Ask for a Vehicle Data Recorder to be installed after they don't duplicate it. A GT500 guy on another forum could duplicate his on demand. If you have a manual transmission aka MT82 you can try his technique and see if yours flares up.

Also Deysha should be in Monday morning and start responding to her PMs, unless she is taking time off.

Thanks for the reply. You've been really helpful. I do have the MT82 so I'll try GT500's way. I mentioned the VDR to my service tech today and he seemed a little put off by it. With Deysha's help I will demand they put that in though. I'll do my best to duplicate the issue on monday morning. I just hope they have a large parking lot or something I can do it in. Seeing I almost lost control when the tires started locking I'm not too excited about trying to get it to happen on public roads with traffic. All else fails I'll take it to Colorado with the VDR installed and go out to the closed airport and just spend the day trying. At least there I don't have to worry about hitting anything.

Thanks again guys

I'll keep everyone on here updated on it and any resolutions.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

This is an "interesting"topic, but certainly not in a good way. A friend of mine is a cop and has been through the California Highway Patrol EVOC training. He's got a '13 GT M6. Last week while accelerating around a slow moving vehicle at about 40 mph his car went out of control and he ended up doing a 180, facing oncoming traffic.
This is what we're coming to:

"Smart-Braking Cars Save Fuel. March 24, 2009 -- Drivers willing to turn braking and acceleration over to a computer could save nearly 25 percent on their annual gas bills, say the British developers of an advanced new cruise control system.
Known as Sentience, the system uses GPS technology coupled with detailed topographical information to control the gas pedal and brakes. If alone on the road, all the driver has to do is steer.
"The car speeds up, slows down at speed humps, and stops at all the junctions without the driver having to intervene," said David Overton of Ordnance Survey, the U.K. government agency that provided the map information for the Sentience Project."

2016 GT350, tech pack, JLT intake, Lund flex tune
11Red3.7

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. You've been really helpful. I do have the MT82 so I'll try GT500's way. I mentioned the VDR to my service tech today and he seemed a little put off by it. With Deysha's help I will demand they put that in though. I'll do my best to duplicate the issue on monday morning. I just hope they have a large parking lot or something I can do it in. Seeing I almost lost control when the tires started locking I'm not too excited about trying to get it to happen on public roads with traffic. All else fails I'll take it to Colorado with the VDR installed and go out to the closed airport and just spend the day trying. At least there I don't have to worry about hitting anything.

Thanks again guys

I'll keep everyone on here updated on it and any resolutions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 65sohc View Post
This is an "interesting"topic, but certainly not in a good way. A friend of mine is a cop and has been through the California Highway Patrol EVOC training. He's got a '13 GT M6. Last week while accelerating around a slow moving vehicle at about 40 mph his car went out of control and he ended up doing a 180, facing oncoming traffic.
This is what we're coming to:

"Smart-Braking Cars Save Fuel. March 24, 2009 -- Drivers willing to turn braking and acceleration over to a computer could save nearly 25 percent on their annual gas bills, say the British developers of an advanced new cruise control system.
Known as Sentience, the system uses GPS technology coupled with detailed topographical information to control the gas pedal and brakes. If alone on the road, all the driver has to do is steer.
"The car speeds up, slows down at speed humps, and stops at all the junctions without the driver having to intervene," said David Overton of Ordnance Survey, the U.K. government agency that provided the map information for the Sentience Project."
Just clarifying, his advanctrac caused him to spin out?
If so you should point him to the forum, my other advantrac thread, and Deysha.
I linked the GT500 guy's post on how he got his to fail on command on one of these advanctrac threads. If I had a manual I'd definetly give his method a shot, otherwise It's a once a month random event.
GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

Quote:
Just clarifying, his advanctrac caused him to spin out?
If so you should point him to the forum, my other advantrac thread, and Deysha.
I linked the GT500 guy's post on how he got his to fail on command on one of these advanctrac threads. If I had a manual I'd definetly give his method a shot, otherwise It's a once a month random event.
I have no idea. He just mentioned the incident to me a week ago and we chalked it up to something on the road surface. Then I saw this thread and it made me wonder.

GT Member
Classic Member
S197 Member

And my reference to "Smart Cars' and "Smart Highways" was only to alert people to what our government is actually spending tens of millions of our tax dollars studying. A physician colleague of mine is from Russia. He says the nanny state mentality in this country far exceeds anything he saw in the Soviet Union.

FordService

Quote:
11Red3.7, Thanks for all of your posts on this forum. If not for you and the others that have posted about this I would have been completely clueless! I have told the dealership about this thread and they seem to not care. THey have had my stang since Monday and don't expect to have answers till mid-late next week. Hopefully with Deysha's help I can get answers. Just like you said, I had just filled my tank and was in fact going around a 45-60 degree corner. So it seems to be a fault when doing that.
This has thrown my move all out of whack and will be costing me a few grand due to delays. Not fun.
Thank you so much for all the information.
Thanks for the PM, alpinedaddy! Iíll get back to you as soon as possible.

Quote:
You're Welcome AD, I think if all 30 to 35 people on the forums with this problem had all escalated their Advanctrac problems thru Deysha and kept on with their dealership to get it fixed we'd have this thing completely whooped by now. Maybe.

Whatever you do, VEHICLE DATA RECORDER!
Thanks, 11Red3.7!

Deysha
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
Thanks for the PM, alpinedaddy! Iíll get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks, 11Red3.7!

Deysha
Always happy to send you more work Deysha. That's just what I do.
FordService

Quote:
Always happy to send you more work Deysha. That's just what I do.
No problem. I'm cool with that.

Deysha
Rookie

trouble getting Ford service guy assigned to call me back

Hey Deysha,

Thanks for getting Ford to call me about this. I am having a problem with the guy put in charge though. I spoke with him back in mid Feb and let him know that the car would be in Colorado Springs, CO on March 1st. He assured me that he would get this all set up to get a VDR installed. The local Ford dealer hasn't heard from him or anything about these issues. I have since left several voicemails with him and can not get a call back. The person that called is named Mark and his ext is 77716.

Please help again so I can get this taken care of!

Thanks,
FordService

Quote:
Hey Deysha,

Thanks for getting Ford to call me about this. I am having a problem with the guy put in charge though. I spoke with him back in mid Feb and let him know that the car would be in Colorado Springs, CO on March 1st. He assured me that he would get this all set up to get a VDR installed. The local Ford dealer hasn't heard from him or anything about these issues. I have since left several voicemails with him and can not get a call back. The person that called is named Mark and his ext is 77716.

Please help again so I can get this taken care of!

Thanks,
I see you CSM changed when you moved (?), alpinedaddy. Iíll respond to your PM in a little while.

Deysha
Apprentice

So, on both accounts, the OP was traveling uphill? That's all gyro.

~F
"Ruining good moments since 1975"

Black 2014 GT Prem/Track Pack | 6MT | Recaros | Electronics & Comfort Packages | Whiteline: PB + Brace + LCAs + UCA

SHELBY GT 350 Member

on mine the definite time was uphill.......

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac , traction control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page