AdvancTrac almost caused a major wreck - Page 11 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Mud View Post
on mine the definite time was uphill.......
Hmmm... My very first one was up hill, and 5th one, but 7 out of 9 were straight and level flying.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

Well. Ford and the CSM's refuse to put a VDR on my Mustang. They say "It's just an isolated incident" and there is no reason to install one. I guess it'll take an accident for them to accept that there is obviously an issue with it. Everyone that has had this happen needs to let Safercar.gov know so they will see the trend. There's already a few under Electronic Stability. Go add to them please!
Sucks to have a car I can't put my family in! Always thought higher of Ford.

11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinedaddy View Post
Well. Ford and the CSM's refuse to put a VDR on my Mustang. They say "It's just an isolated incident" and there is no reason to install one. I guess it'll take an accident for them to accept that there is obviously an issue with it. Everyone that has had this happen needs to let Safercar.gov know so they will see the trend. There's already a few under Electronic Stability. Go add to them please!
Sucks to have a car I can't put my family in! Always thought higher of Ford.
alpinedaddy, I remember you saying it happened once a couple of months ago. How many incidents has your car had?
Mine was fairly regular at about 4 week intervals, made mine perfect for the VDR, but I did have to wait a few weeks for one to become available. But other than limited availability it doesn't really cost Ford much to have one in your car. Deysha, any ideas?

Rookie

Ok, CSM Tracie rocks. She called every Ford dealer around me and found one willing to install a VDR for 3-4 weeks.

11Red3.7, it's only happened once on my vehicle(Haven't driven the car since I got to CO) but my comment was more generalized based off of posts like yours. I know it will happen again and I just want to have the VDR to prove it.
Once installed it will be kind of weird but I will be doing everything I can to make it reproduce it. Like keeping the gas tank full, hard cornering and then accelerating to 35-40.
As always, I will keep you all updated.

Thanks again all
GT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Red3.7 View Post
Giggle... Snort..., I'm a C-17A Flying Crew Chief. I have very short, and very dirty finger nails most of the time. Maybe some residual hydraulic fluid, or Jet-A fuel when I touched them... Much more likely. It's o.k. to stereotype with limited info, I do it all the time.
OK, now that is just HOT!

2013 GT 6 spd, GT500 mufflers, BOSS quad exhaust, Roush CAI, Barton shifter & 2 post bracket
CS GT-40 Wheels, Hotchkis sway bars, upper and lower control arms, springs (1.1/1.6 drop) and adj panhard bar KONI yellow struts and shocks J&M caster/camber plates,
BMR Upper control arm mount and lower control arm brackets.

11Red3.7

Quote:
Ok, CSM Tracie rocks. She called every Ford dealer around me and found one willing to install a VDR for 3-4 weeks.

11Red3.7, it's only happened once on my vehicle(Haven't driven the car since I got to CO) but my comment was more generalized based off of posts like yours. I know it will happen again and I just want to have the VDR to prove it.
Once installed it will be kind of weird but I will be doing everything I can to make it reproduce it. Like keeping the gas tank full, hard cornering and then accelerating to 35-40.

Thanks again all
Sounds like a decent plan, if you're in CO you should have plenty of uphill climbs to accelerate to 45mph on. Sometimes that may help trigger an episode too. GOOD LUCK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughingdragon View Post
OK, now that is just HOT!
I know isn't it!
PONY Member

red, they still havent fix your advancetrac?

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkawak View Post
red, they still havent fix your advancetrac?
No winkawak(love the name), it's fixed!!
See my other thread https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-recorder.html
They replaced my ABS Control Module, the early part #'s ending in A or B are glitchy, same thing was happening on new Ford Exploders. The new Modules end in C. Almost 5 months without an incident, it was happening roughly every 4 weeks before.
PONY Member

Quote:
No winkawak(love the name), it's fixed!!
See my other thread https://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...-recorder.html
They replaced my ABS Control Module, the early part #'s ending in A or B are glitchy, same thing was happening on new Ford Exploders. The new Modules end in C. Almost 5 months without an incident, it was happening roughly every 4 weeks before.
the problem was dragging on for too long, good to hear its fixed now

13' GT Black, Auto, Roush A/B, Whiteline PHB & Brace, Boss 302 Tower Brace, Michelin PSS, Alpine 10" S Type Sub,
FordService

Quote:
alpinedaddy, I remember you saying it happened once a couple of months ago. How many incidents has your car had?
Mine was fairly regular at about 4 week intervals, made mine perfect for the VDR, but I did have to wait a few weeks for one to become available. But other than limited availability it doesn't really cost Ford much to have one in your car. Deysha, any ideas?
As always, thanks for your input!

Quote:

Thanks again all
This is what I was waiting to read. Thanks, alpinedaddy!

Deysha
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCustSrvc View Post
As always, thanks for your input!

This is what I was waiting to read. Thanks, alpinedaddy!

Deysha
Deysha, good morning. There's another new one that poped up on the Flight Data Recorder thread. Thanks again. Cindy
Rookie

Wanna know what's crazy, add another one to the South Hill, WA Advancetrac glitch club. This happened in the rain about 3 months ago to me shortly after I bought my 2011 GT from a local dealer. Scared the daylights out of me. I am going to put all the Summer mods I had planned on hold and if I get the runaround I'll trade my car in on something else. I don't have the time to fight with dealers and service reps like some of you guys have.

I am going to go try the test you and mentioned earlier for manuals. Do you have a recommendation on dealerships? Has anyone dealt with Ford of Puyallup?
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtslow View Post
Wanna know what's crazy, add another one to the South Hill, WA Advancetrac glitch club. This happened in the rain about 3 months ago to me shortly after I bought my 2011 GT from a local dealer. Scared the daylights out of me. I am going to put all the Summer mods I had planned on hold and if I get the runaround I'll trade my car in on something else. I don't have the time to fight with dealers and service reps like some of you guys have.

I am going to go try the test you and mentioned earlier for manuals. Do you have a recommendation on dealerships? Has anyone dealt with Ford of Puyallup?
Hey neighbour, Lakewood Ford is closely intimately familiar with this problem/solution. Talk to Jim Garner there about this issue.
Rookie

Quote:
Hey neighbour, Lakewood Ford is closely intimately familiar with this problem/solution. Talk to Jim Garner there about this issue.
Awesome. I would rather my car go to somewhere that knows about this type of issue. Is Jim the service manager out at Lakewood Ford?

I don't have a ton of time left on the bumper-bumper warranty and would rather bail on the car then spend thousands down the road fixing it out of warranty. I don't drive the car that much as I am either working from home or traveling for work.
11Red3.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtslow View Post
Awesome. I would rather my car go to somewhere that knows about this type of issue. Is Jim the service manager out at Lakewood Ford?

I don't have a ton of time left on the bumper-bumper warranty and would rather bail on the car then spend thousands down the road fixing it out of warranty. I don't drive the car that much as I am either working from home or traveling for work.
Yes, Jim is the manager, he likes my husband an I, othw he drinks Sky Vodka. My service rep there Tim Dempsey quit right after my repair due to all the Ford pita and red tape corporate was giving them over my car and this issue. But he and Jim persevered! And I did too, my cars all good now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac , traction control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page