AdvancTrac almost caused a major wreck - Page 13 - Ford Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
SHELBY GT 350 Member

tib, maybe it was enough (the corner + acceleration) for it to be a legit intervention. The one time mine did it and I feel it was legit I was surprised but I feel that it came on for a reason (not that I encourage driving like a loon, but...)

w/o making you read through this entire thread (which is good however) mine did it 1x when it shouldn't have 1x when I'm not sure if it did it at all (but it shouldn't have) and as I just said 1x that was legit.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rookie

I did read through the entire thread and like I said earlier I cant remember most of the details, but I do remember me being concerned more as to what was happening to the car and not that the "squirely" feeling in my gut.

'11 GT Premium, Roush Axelback, JLT CAI, BAMA tuned
Apprentice

I have a 14 gt. Pulling out onto the highway, my AT light and another one with the same icon turned on and I could feel my front brakes modulating. I was at 30-40% throttle on a dry and clean road. The car felt like it lost half of its power. I turned off AT and it went back to normal, though the lights stayed illuminated. They turned off about 30 minutes into my drive and all was well. I noticed the lights had turned back on before I parked. Hasn't happened since, but I was glad I wasn't in a situation where I had to use full power or stand on the breaks.

~F
"Ruining good moments since 1975"

Black 2014 GT Prem/Track Pack | 6MT | Recaros | Electronics & Comfort Packages | Whiteline: PB + Brace + LCAs + UCA

Rookie

This happened to me in my wifes '11 V6. Same thing..brakes pulsating, loss of power, twitching left and right with the light on the dash blinking. Service advancetrac light has been coming on since 30K miles. Was 1200 miles from home the first time it came on and dealer said cant diagnose unless light is on, just keep driving it. Has been to local dealer several times with this issue, still not fixed. Cannot duplicate when at the dealer. 54K miles now and dealer says its NOT under warranty! Contacted Ford and dealing with a regional rep now and waiting for it to be scheduled in. Funny things is, I was on the phone today with RR and headed to dealer...light was on! He said take it to Service Mgr and have them look at it. Got to dealership and told him per RR that my car needs to be looked at. He got grumpy with me and said "I don't take orders on when I have to look at someones car." I explained to him the situation and he said I have to make appt. Blown off again. Got to go back sometime next week with car, get a loaner, pay $88 for a diagnostic test that more than likely wont show anything AGAIN cause light prob wont be on. Wouldve been WAY easier to have scanned the car today. I'll update later.
PONY Member

I have the same issues with AT.
SHELBY GT 350 Member

has any one with a V8 had this? Just wondering

edit: never mind I just read the last few posts.

2012 V6 traded in for a 2017 VW GTI.
Rookie

This happens all the time, especially when getting on it in 1st gear around a corner. Just turn it off when starting the car and rock and roll. The only time you really need it is when it is raining or you are launching on street tires at the drag strip.
FordService

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoTheKing View Post
I have the same issues with AT.
Have you brought this up to your dealer’s attention, RandoTheKing?

Deysha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
advanctrac , traction control

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a VALID email address for yourself, otherwise you will not receive the necessary confirmation email needed to confirm, validate and activate your new AFM member account.

Failure to provide a VALID email address, will result in the cancellation of your new AFM member account registration.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page